RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED]Can someone Make this IconSet Transparent?

Rep:
Level 86
I am Having alot of issues getting this thing transparent without loosing quality, can anyone help me?
EDIT: Credit goes to Mudducky for creating the original BigIcon set http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=35321.0
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 02:08:47 PM by BloodyChaos »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Umm, the one you posted is transparent.

Where'd you get the iconset though - I would be surprised if it wasn't transparent to begin with.

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Looks like transparency glitches up top...

Rep:
Level 86
I put 2 together to make a Really BIG one lol so I lost Transparency

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, I think you need to give us the copy of the iconset before you tried making it transparent.

Rep:
Level 86
I'm sorry I didn't realize I did that lol here is one that has not been messed with for transparency
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:48:11 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
You're supposed to copy icons out of that in an image editor and remove the border that way. You don't use it wholesale; you crop it out or copy only the icons you need/want. And don't import it in the program either, move it manually.

Rep:
Level 86
I dont have an image editor that works well only paint. and so far I have used a very large amount of the icons on that sheet, I tried a few things for making it work transparent and it didnt work thats why I'm asking if someone can do it for me because I can't seem to do it right

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
I tried it in Paint.net but using the magic wand tool it took ten minutes to freeze. And it's to the size where the program refuses to zoom in more than 200% and the selection appears offset 6 pixels above where it should be. Rectange select and cropping work fine however. You may need to split it into multiple files somehow first. But like I said, it's not to be used wholesale. You just take the icons you need/want. For comparison, should I upload my iconset(with the Samurai icons blacked out)?

Rep:
Level 86
srry this is so difficult, if I post the sections I know I need could you crop that together transparent? I would cut it into multible files, I'm just not pixel savy at all lol srry all im good at is recoloring and head cropping
EDIT: forgot to say, I mostly need the potions, stones/crystals, and the weapons since im using Tenkentia SBS
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 05:53:43 AM by BloodyChaos »

Rep:
Level 97
If you could provide links to where you originally found the two iconsets, it would probably be easier. I suspect the only reason the transparency is off in the first place is because you opened the iconset in Paint, which converted the transparency to the same white that is used in the icons. Just get Paint.NET, combine the two originals in there, and you'll probably be fine.

Rep:
Level 86
oh ya ok thats easy the first one is the RTP for RMVXA and here is the link to the second one http://vxresource.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/bigset.png :)

Rep:
Level 97
I was having trouble getting it uploaded, so I put it in a .rar. If you don't have WinRAR, get it. It's free.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q7eojp

Also, I hope you know who the artists are for that iconset. The person uploading stuff at the site you got it didn't make it and doesn't seem to give credit for anything, so I would not use anything off that site unless I had independent knowledge of who created the resources.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 01:57:36 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 86
I got winrar :) have to have it for emulators XD. thnx for the heads up, I didnt even notice thank you lol I keep a list of credits I wrote him down I'll figure it out and post it on here. and thank you so much no I can play my game without seethrough icons XD
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 02:04:31 PM by BloodyChaos »