RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Dog Days of August

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I agree that Guild Leaders should have some form of creative presence on the boards before they apply.

I also hope that all of these "writers" have at least one skill other than being idea people.  Idea people are largely worthless in the grand scheme of things, and if that's all you are, you won't be contributing much at all to the project.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Need more artists, for the love of god it takes more than writers to make a game.

I'll be doing art, maps and sprites for my game, so guild leaders will need to do more than just shout sort of good commands at people.

Rep:
Level 73
Teaser
What system are we focusing with vx or ace?
It can't be wrong if it feels right...

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
The guild (or guild leader) should decide which version the game will be made in.  There is no version requirement.

Rep:
Level 73
RPG Maker Idealist
All right, fair enough... I'd like to be a guild hopeful, then. I'm a decent RMXP Mapper/Eventer. I also have a little bit of skill in scripting in RGSS: I couldn't make a complex script from scratch, but I've created or edited a few simple scripts. I posted one of these here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,41583.0.html

If you're not using RPG Maker XP, I won't be much use to you.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:03:26 PM by statesman88 »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
RMVX and VXAce eventing isn't that much different from RMXP, Mapping is a little different, but if you have basic skills you should be fine.

Scripting is another animal entirely.

Rep:
Level 59
Practice makes Petrucci!
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Gold - GIAW 11 (Normal)
I do find it rather funny how the email about this has pulled mostly just lurkers out of the shadows.
"Pursue happiness with diligence."

http://soundcloud.com/progfox

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
How many team leaders are we expecting?
I'll switch to a guild leader if needed...I have experience leading teams.
www.codedemotion.com

But if a third person steps up by the 21st, I'll stick to a guild hopeful haha.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 03:40:24 PM by Madurai »

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I've just realised that I forgot to mention spriting; I'd be cool to do some spriting for this as well, but not XP sprites.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
The previous ones were set up for only two, but I think Nam's experimenting with the possibility of more this time if there's enough people who join in.

Rep:
Level 73
Teaser
Where the hell are the artist/spriters at? Just checked the list...really?!

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I'm actually going to be fairly busy in August when it comes to Uni stuff; but I can try to get as much done in this as possible.

I'm an Eventer and that's all my skills will pertain to for this, we don't need more writers; put me down for a guild leader if you need another though.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
The previous ones were set up for only two, but I think Nam's experimenting with the possibility of more this time if there's enough people who join in.

We could probably do with another 1 or 2, but I'm not sure how the teams are going to end up.

Rep: +0/-0Level 61
RMRK Junior
I agree that Guild Leaders should have some form of creative presence on the boards before they apply.

I also hope that all of these "writers" have at least one skill other than being idea people.  Idea people are largely worthless in the grand scheme of things, and if that's all you are, you won't be contributing much at all to the project.

I guess by 'writer' I meant something a little different. There's backstory and ideas, of course, but I think the quality of a lot of otherwise great games is ruined by the actual text elements. Dialogue needs to be well written, well formatted, and consistent with what's going on with the story and the characters. So I guess what I was really aiming for was scene/dialogue writing and quality checking.

As far as scenes go, that's really more in the domain of eventing, which I don't have a problem with. So I guess I'm fine with doing events too. Maybe some mapping (any version). And I could contribute some music, but it would be limited to midi.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Dialogue writing is a pretty big part of your typical rpg, especially with making sure everything is spelled and structured correctly. If anything else, the writers could double as beta testers. It's always nice to have someone else doing the stress tests.

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
I'd like to sign up. I'm a writer and an artist. I'm still learning the art of making sprites (I convert my hand drawn characters into sprites, which is how I'm creating the art for my own project).

As a writer, I've got a lot of experience, though none professionally. I can be pretty sloppy when talking on the forums, but I'm endlessly meticulous when writing. I prefer to be in charge of story AND dialogue, as, to me, that's as much of the story as anything else. Really, and the guild leader may have other ideas, but I like to have my hands in as many pots writing-wise as possible. It's hard for me to work on just one thing, since, for me, writing is all of those things and not just ideas or backstory or dialogue.

I'm also an actor, though, I doubt there's much use for that in this case. Throwing it out there all the same.

I know I haven't been here much, and examples of my own work are nonexistent, but I thought I'd throw my name in the hat. I would understand if I no one wanted to use me.

So, in short: Writer/Dialogue/Artist(Maybe)/Actor(not a skill that would be needed, probably), and I won't get my feelings hurt if I'm not on anyone's list.

EDIT: And it just occurred to me that getting decent recording equipment might be iffy (I'm sure I could rent time in a study at the University), so, again, just something I'm throwing out there.

EDIT 2: Yeah, I know. Another writer. But when that's your skill, what else are you supposed to say? Again, I won't be hurt if I'm not picked.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 11:33:46 PM by dudeguy119 »

I support:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I suppose voice acting could be cool if someone was interested in that.

Would it be out of place to ask the artists/pixel artists to show examples of their work?

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Would it be out of place to ask the artists/pixel artists to show examples of their work?

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,41225.0.html  (some images not working it looks like)

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45921.0.html  (custom vx rtp styled characters in modern style)

A game I'm slowly working on in gamemaker (all graphics are my own)

Big animated battler for Ender's Amethyst
Spoiler for:

I'm sure most of you guys already saw it all but since you asked...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 12:44:34 AM by Lethrface »
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 73
Teaser
I suppose voice acting could be cool if someone was interested in that.

Never thought of that. It might be cool, but would we really have the time for it?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
It's less about time and more about having enough people with vocal talent and high quality sound capturing. And also the file size would be gigantic. But yeah, I dunno. Could be cool.

Rep:
Level 58
My timing always seems to suck on these things so if this isn't valid anymore my bad.

I'd like to sign up for the writers guild, any of them is fine since about six of the guilds have writer listed.
I can do story, simple dialogue, and the design for character personalities, or a combination of all three.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 09:19:58 AM by BadWolf »
You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space, every single atom of your existence, and I divide them. Everything must come to dust, all things, everything dies.

Spoiler for A Thief's Tale:

Rep:
Level 84
I'm free for most of the month. If anyone needs a storyboarder, I'm your grab bag.
But I'm also good at making puzzles and dungeons with events.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:34:51 PM by Gallade »
And then they told me "Well, you look too healthy for a corpse" and I was like "I've been busy keeping your seat in hell warm"

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
i'm in as guild leader...
guild jomarcenter rocks!!
here my skills
-eventing (expert)
-story writer (improving)
-mapping (improving)
-language and grammar check (still working on that)
-graphics (little improving)

my team name is - the jomarcenter game development team
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:23:43 AM by jomarcenter »

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
and i will be using rpg maker vx ace since this is the only rm program i have.
and if you don't have, i herd there an competition is in progress in the rpgmakerweb for the best mini-game creator in the competition will win any item in the store. and the deadline is july 29!!! just in case for people who want to join a certain guild and don't have the require program to do it.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
My timing always seems to suck on these things so if this isn't valid anymore my bad.

I'd like to sign up for the writers guild, any of them is fine since about six of the guilds have writer listed.
I can do story, simple dialogue, and the design for character personalities, or a combination of all three.

You did not read the first post at all did you?