RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[FULL VXA]Save your mother

Rep:
Level 69
The 10th game I've ever made. If you want to, take a drink or light a candle. If not, I don't care.

Save your mother has won the first price in Quest for Fun contest with 51,5 out of 60 max score.

Plot

A  world renown scholar faces a problem when their mother becomes sick. No  traditional cures have been able to save her, not even out of ordinary  methods have worked. Desperate, they discover the legend about the  Elohim Cube, a fantastic artifact that may heal her. But no one has ever  been able to get the Elohim Cube because the road to it is long and  hard and filled with deadly traps...

Cast

Starring

Alice  - Avery
Jen - Maru
Bella - Maru
Bella's Man -Rip Elliott
Abyss - Curtis Wilson
Glamour - Avery
Narator - Racmaster
???? - Curtis Wilson
Man - Luckyjack020
Fire  -Praxis678
Crystal Man - Curtis Wilson
MISTER BIG T- MISTER BIG T
Trix - Maru
Ice - Dazed
Forsaken - MISTER BIG T

Features

- Around 10 puzzles, about 3 or 4 minigames depending on how you define them.

- Custom OST composed by me, with the several songs used with permission by the composer Agustín Corvi

Support this wonderful musician and buy their CDs!

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/fadingmemories/

- Custom CG art done specifically for the game
- Fully voice acted

- Custom death animations! Deaths are relevant with how you die!
Screenshots

Download

Warning, this game is NOT old PC friendly

www.asciinetwork.com/GiveMeBeer/Save.exe

Version info

Updated to version 1.1! Check your version info.txt to see if it says 1.1 at top!

Bug Fixes

- Game will no longer crash while drinking soup

- Jen will face Alice properly regardless of her position at top of the world

- Full shard is categorized as key item

Gameplay

- Changed description of Ring of Honor to better make it clear it's effects are automatic

- Better menu interface

- Removed confusing elements that weren't needed in game

Voice acting

- Increased the strength of Alice's lines in the lava cave
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 01:58:41 PM by Drbigt »

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Like the artwork, like the plot, but hate the name..

Your plot is, very shortly: Save your mother but that is also your game's name...
You said something about Elohim Cube, right? Well, why not use that as the name?
It gives your game the mysterious touch it needs though it still reveals something from your game.

Also, I'm not going to download this as I don't have enough information.

I have a plot, a cast, some features and a couple of screenshots.
But what I would still like to have is character information and a bit of background information like e.g. the legend about the cube.

Also, don't use the custom windowskin as it ruins the great titlescreen you made. And don't use Customs WITH the RTP unless they match quality. As in screenshot 3 your custom character looks better than the RTP one...

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 69
Like the artwork, like the plot, but hate the name..

I thought it'd make the player know what they're in for, for sure.  :V

Your plot is, very shortly: Save your mother but that is also your game's name...
You said something about Elohim Cube, right? Well, why not use that as the name?
It gives your game the mysterious touch it needs though it still reveals something from your game.

Legend of Elohim Cube would make for a fun title I am sure, but it'd not be as specific nor would it be as easy to recognize.  :blizj:

I have a plot, a cast, some features and a couple of screenshots.
But what I would still like to have is character information and a bit of background information like e.g. the legend about the cube.

There's no legend aside the one in the start of the game which is pretty much all the background story you'll ever get, unless you've played my other games and then you know the story behind the universe and stuff like that. I didn't put any of that into here, even though I contemplated on doing that. This was done for a contest. The focus and main aspect is all about gameplay and puzzle solving, this is a game that is about playing, not reading. It also required the game not to be overly long, so I had to leave out giant long memorial halls that would tell backstory. :blizj:

And yes, one of the requirements was the game to have a simple plot "to get ball rolling."  :blizj:

Also, don't use the custom windowskin as it ruins the great titlescreen you made.

Custom windowskin? I have no idea what you're talking about.   

And don't use Customs WITH the RTP unless they match quality. As in screenshot 3 your custom character looks better than the RTP one...

Personally, everything blends just fine. Not seamlessly but that was hardly the point. :blizj:

I didn't have the time to do too much polish, I had only one month (actually a bit less than that) and I already slaved myself to make what you see. I already lost around 6,6 lbs working on Save your mother when I subjected myself to minimal sleep and diet consisting mostly of peanuts.Composing the custom OST took especially lot from me.   :blizj:

Here's a sample from the soundtrack, it's the title. I didn't see how to embed youtube links here so, you have to click.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsC5DUVcoR8&list=UU0sN1L2jCLJm6I4Vil5aMBw

I composed 17 tracks for this game. I got permission to use few tracks from a very talented composer, boosting teh ammount of songs to 26.  ^-^

Game is now updated to version 1.0! Check your version info.txt to see if it says 1.0 at top!

Bug Fixes

- Now you can't fish without the fishing rod.

- Jen now properly faces you to give you Red Crystal

- Teleport fixes

- Fixes few crash issues

- Voice acting is no longer forcefully put on during finale

- Money is actually taken from you when you purchase the Yellow Orb

- Hell Minerals are no longer listed as Key Items.

- Trix dialogue was not shown if you played without voice acting

Grammar

- Several typos have been fixed

Files

- Included few missing files

- Cleaned up useless files

- Compressed the size and made the game smaller

Voice acting

- Made few lines at the end stronger by default
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 04:53:28 AM by Drbigt »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I got tons of free time tomorrow, so depending on how long this game is, I'll get a good chunk of it finished. I really like your title, screen and I think Amycha19 makes very good points, but I really enjoy puzzle games so I'll try this game out.

EDIT:
I decided to play a bit late at night. First off all, I think its a great addition having the voice acting. But, your mapping seems rushed and unthoughtful, not to mention you're using (I believe) full RTP for the maps. So, the mapping is pretty bad. But I like the puzzles, they're all different than the last. I'm about 40 minutes in and with 10 puzzles (which you said), I think I'm nearly done with the game. I'll finish the game tomorrow morning. I just feel like with your skill with puzzles and the amount of people willing to work with you for this game, you could have crafted a more thoughful story to go along with the game. Like, having a bit more back story about what you do as a Scholar and what your hometown is like, or maybe the journey to reach the mountain in the first place. You should have instead made the opening introduction gameplay not just narrated text (with very well drawn pictures). So again, I think you're good with the engine, but with the many people backing you during production, I'd think that you'd be able to tell a much more involving story.

I'll be back in the morning with the rest of my thoughts.  ;)

EDIT 2:
I just read that this was originally made for a contest.. I guess most of what I said doesn't apply here... heh
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 06:55:56 AM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Well, I'm at the end now, the last questions are more knowledge based than a puzzle, so I pretty much had to search up most of the problems. I didn't mind looking up bandeau.
That final boss fight was kinda awkward to play. She moved around so strangely and VXA really isn't smooth enough to orient easily for attacks. I just wish there was some type of checkpoint in between the fight. But I don't really want to spoil the game or anything, so I'll just leave it at that. It's a pretty fun game, with cool puzzles and can be easily completed in a short sitting.

Rep:
Level 69
Glad to hear you enjoyed!

Save your mother has won the first price in Quest for Fun contest with 51,5 out of 60 max score.

Rep:
Level 69
Updated to version 1.1! Check your version info.txt to see if it says 1.1 at top!

Bug Fixes

- Game will no longer crash while drinking soup

- Jen will face Alice properly regardless of her position at top of the world

- Full shard is categorized as key item

Gameplay

- Changed description of Ring of Honor to better make it clear it's effects are automatic

- Better menu interface

- Removed confusing elements that weren't needed in game

Voice acting

- Increased the strength of Alice's lines in the lava cave