RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help with a server error

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Trying to help a family member with their website/website they have been running, tried to give them some help in resetting the .HTACCESS file but doesn't work from what i can tell its an internal database error but the hoster (Go daddy) won't give any help.

I'm able to view the site, though they are not when using a Mac book pro, any help would be appreciated.

I haven't been given much help either but here is the message i was sent.

have been hosted by Wordpress.com for 2 years and last month (4 weeks ago) I chose to go self hosted. I'm hosted with Go Daddy through their Wordpress package and everything was fine.

On Tuesday afternoon my blog decided not to work for me anymore for no reason. I can't view it or access it at all in Firefox neither Safari and neither can my boyfriend. However we both can in Chrome and other people are able to view my blog too. I found I can login via Chrome, but when I am logged in I am not able to publish posts, upload media or do a back up with my paid back up (backupbuddy) or anything else. The most I can do is comment (not edit comments) and save a draft of a post. It's weird that I can access my blog via my phone and my friend in the US can access it too and upload files (we tested it) but I can't and my boyfriend can't at his house. I just keep getting an internal service error.

I tried deactivating the plugins that I could, that didn't work, I tried doing my htaccess file and making it blank (it's still blank now) and that's not fixed the issue either.

I called my IPS and they said they found an issue with Go Daddy where a piece of coding wasn't working correctly when I did a Trace Route, but then Go Daddy just say no it's your IPS because there is a lag between hop 12-17 and they wont do anything unless I have the latest version of Wordpress. That version only became available yesterday but I can't update it since I can't access anything in my blog to do a back up, the back up times out and if I don't have a back up, I wont update in case I lose things, but basically each of them are telling me it's not their fault. The code of what they said could be the issue is just below:

BE39TRMC0215-01.ARS.MGMT.PHX3.GDG       

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
You should never, ever use godaddy for hosting. Oversold to hell and back.

Leave godaddy immediately.
bringing sexy back

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
You should never, ever use godaddy for hosting. Oversold to hell and back.

Leave godaddy immediately.

Idea's for a better host?

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I dunno about shared hosts any more, nowadays I only deal with VPS or dedicated servers ._.

People rave about Eleven2.

Also, I'm fairly certain that due to Wordpress' obsession with special urls, you would destroy a wp site if you blanked its .htaccess =o
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 04:56:06 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back