RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Private Tracker?

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
With the government making moves to make piracy difficult, and punishments being unreasonably harsh, I'm looking to change up how I do things.

Any private trackers someone wants to help me get into? Also, how can I decrease my chances of getting caught? How can I use a proxy with my stuff? I'm not entirely sure how that kind of thing works. Some say "Tor", others say "Tor is useless".

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
The best way to decrease your chances: Don't do it.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Didn't I tell you to get rid of your computer?

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
You can pirate all the hentai visual novels in the world and the government wouldn't care.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Or anime for that matter, especially fansubbed stuff
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
You can pirate all the hentai visual novels in the world and the government wouldn't care.

This

Basically, there are two ways you are "caught", and even then it's a dumb term.

The most common way is that your ISP forbids torrent traffic. The only thing they usually do is send you a letter saying stop it. If you haven't gotten one by now, you won't unless they change policy. They'll threaten to shut off your internet or in extremely rare cases, threaten to inform the police, but this is so rare that any ISP doing it is almost draconian.

The second way is that a company (99% a film of video game corporation) has a seeder on a torrent that tracks peoples information. They take this information to your ISP and say "turn this person over to us so we can sue them and press charges or we'll sue you." No media corporation would sue an ISP over shit like this. Your ISP, as of now, is not currently required to give up information on you to the police or government, they would have to get a court to police warrant and raid the ISP's servers for data. Your ISP, being that you're their customer and not their liability, usually does not give up customer information, as they'd have to send you a letter of notification saying they did so, or were threatened to. It's usually the latter. They do this because if they give up your info, all you have to do is just drop the ISP and get a new one. You are a profit, not a person. This is usually only done on films or rarely games that are just leaked onto torrent sites or put there after release, so they can catch all the people who will inevitably flock to it. They do have people on private trackers secretly doing this work. Unless you're handling in day zero movie or game releases, in which the companies end game is to catch the people doing it because suing 5000 civilians ends up in a lot of lost money, you're not going to get caught.

tl;dr: YOU ARE TERRIBLE AT KNOWING THINGS PLEASE STOP ASKING US IT'S LIKE YOU CANNOT HUMANLY USE COMMON SENSE OR EVEN HAVE THE CAPACITY TO DO A LITTLE SEARCHING AND READING
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.

This

Basically, there are two ways you are "caught", and even then it's a dumb term.

The most common way is that your ISP forbids torrent traffic. The only thing they usually do is send you a letter saying stop it. If you haven't gotten one by now, you won't unless they change policy. They'll threaten to shut off your internet or in extremely rare cases, threaten to inform the police, but this is so rare that any ISP doing it is almost draconian.

The second way is that a company (99% a film of video game corporation) has a seeder on a torrent that tracks peoples information. They take this information to your ISP and say "turn this person over to us so we can sue them and press charges or we'll sue you." No media corporation would sue an ISP over shit like this. Your ISP, as of now, is not currently required to give up information on you to the police or government, they would have to get a court to police warrant and raid the ISP's servers for data. Your ISP, being that you're their customer and not their liability, usually does not give up customer information, as they'd have to send you a letter of notification saying they did so, or were threatened to. It's usually the latter. They do this because if they give up your info, all you have to do is just drop the ISP and get a new one. You are a profit, not a person. This is usually only done on films or rarely games that are just leaked onto torrent sites or put there after release, so they can catch all the people who will inevitably flock to it. They do have people on private trackers secretly doing this work. Unless you're handling in day zero movie or game releases, in which the companies end game is to catch the people doing it because suing 5000 civilians ends up in a lot of lost money, you're not going to get caught.

tl;dr: YOU ARE TERRIBLE AT KNOWING THINGS PLEASE STOP ASKING US IT'S LIKE YOU CANNOT HUMANLY USE COMMON SENSE OR EVEN HAVE THE CAPACITY TO DO A LITTLE SEARCHING AND READING
I was fully aware of all of this already. I fail to see how anything in my first post contradicted this information. You assumed WAY too much from my use of the word "caught", having absolutely zero other information to go by as to how much I know about the process of getting "caught". How can you accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about, when I haven't talked about anything yet? As it so happens, that second scenario you described is EXACTLY what I meant by "caught". Also, I was a little concerned about this, which is what I want to prepare for with a private tracker and a proxy server.

Also, none of these responses sound like answers to my actual question, which is "Anybody got a private tracker they can get me into?" I'm not interested in your opinion on it, I just want information. I fail to see why my reasons matter, when there's no denying that a private tracker is a handy thing to have.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 08:21:59 PM by Animefan »

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Private trackers are specialized. You have to be more specific about what content you're looking for.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Private trackers are specialized. You have to be more specific about what content you're looking for.
Let's go with...
Anime. Yeah, I guess that's at the top of my priorities. And possibly manga too. (But for now I still have places for that.)

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
I don't know any private anime trackers, but BakaBT is a VERY reliable tracker with a selection of old and recent anime. You don't have to sign up, but you can get a few perks if you decide to do so. They only allow WHOLE series/OVAs and are slightly strict on formatting, so expect high quality for both SD and HD downloads.

EDIT: Oh and if you register you can unlock the hentai via the options, if you want that too. They cover basically every fetish except scat...I think.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 12:35:03 AM by Tezuka »

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I don't know any private anime trackers, but BakaBT is a VERY reliable tracker with a selection of old and recent anime. You don't have to sign up, but you can get a few perks if you decide to do so. They only allow WHOLE series/OVAs and are slightly strict on formatting, so expect high quality for both SD and HD downloads.

EDIT: Oh and if you register you can unlock the hentai via the options, if you want that too. They cover basically every fetish except scat...I think.
Y'know, I was checking them out. That for real? Now I'll definitely have to register. Who's the guy in your avatar anyway?

Now proxies... how do they work? Because I've tried them in two forms: Proxy sites (which suck and can't load any pages right) and proxy servers (choose an IP and paste it in your proxy program along with its port. But those don't seem to work because even when I'm surfing with them, sites that say, allow me to direct download stuff, still know it's me. So I assume that these IPs don't work very well.) Where can I get a secure proxy server from that I can apply to my Torrent program as well? (Now proxies are definitely something I don't understand, so feel free to rag on me about that.)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 12:50:24 AM by Animefan »

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Anski wasn't joking when he said nobody will care about you downloading anime. Really, you don't need a proxy if this is all you will use it for. Also DO NOT USE TOR FOR TORRENTING, it is used for private/anonymous browsing and is not practical for downloading via P2P.

Oh and my avatar is Ash Tennant. :V

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Also, none of these responses sound like answers to my actual question, which is "Anybody got a private tracker they can get me into?" I'm not interested in your opinion on it, I just want information.

I call bullshit.  I gave you the most reliable information there is.  There is no method of downloading that is 100% clear of somehow getting caught and if things change for the worse in regards to our digital freedom then if they care enough, you will get caught.  Even p2p security software that is meant to block your IP or whatever will not keep you safe for too long.  So yes...the best way to avoid being "caught" is to not do it at all.  Play with fire all you want but prepare to get burned just like anyone else should if they partake in it.

You sure do a lot of posting for advice that could be attained through Google searches.  To be honest, I think you're kind of dumb.  You seem to lack the ability to understand how a Google search works.  From your problems with all of your electronics to this, it seems to me you have done very little work to do your research on your own.  We all may have moments where we need pointed in a direction that we didn't initially think of but for god sake, we don't care about your hentai addiction.  You can consider me an asshole, even say it if you want.  I probably deserve most of the insults I hear on a typical day.

TL;DR Version: Don't download - Start using Google more.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I was basically telling you that the chances of you getting caught are very unlikely.

'Lethr'face is right. Private trackers are, as I said, fallible and any proxy you whip up or use will be decimated by the government before you even know what's going on.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
try to opposed cispa this bill also make isp have to give the user usage info to the gov't...

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
I would like to digest this whole thread into a few sentences:

Join BakaBT and enjoy your torrents. Stop if you get a slap-on-the-wrist letter.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Download tor

Use tor

Search the deep web

No one will find you and your anime there

You will be safe and you will find all the rare stuff too!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 04:56:46 PM by Link »

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
Enjoy your 1kb/s download speed while you're at it

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
tor is the slowest fucking thing

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

This is still the best reply.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9

This is still the best reply.

QFT

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Also, none of these responses sound like answers to my actual question, which is "Anybody got a private tracker they can get me into?" I'm not interested in your opinion on it, I just want information.

I call bullshit.  I gave you the most reliable information there is.  There is no method of downloading that is 100% clear of somehow getting caught and if things change for the worse in regards to our digital freedom then if they care enough, you will get caught.  Even p2p security software that is meant to block your IP or whatever will not keep you safe for too long.  So yes...the best way to avoid being "caught" is to not do it at all.  Play with fire all you want but prepare to get burned just like anyone else should if they partake in it.

You sure do a lot of posting for advice that could be attained through Google searches.  To be honest, I think you're kind of dumb.  You seem to lack the ability to understand how a Google search works.  From your problems with all of your electronics to this, it seems to me you have done very little work to do your research on your own.  We all may have moments where we need pointed in a direction that we didn't initially think of but for god sake, we don't care about your hentai addiction.  You can consider me an asshole, even say it if you want.  I probably deserve most of the insults I hear on a typical day.

TL;DR Version: Don't download - Start using Google more.

Hahaha yay

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Don't download? Since when did RMRK go straight? Is that trading section just for show now?

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
he's saying there's no absolute way to decrease your chance of getting caught to 0, although they're already slim as fuck. nobody will give a fuck about you downloading weird hentai yuri shit so you can wank to it.