RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Private Tracker?

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
he's saying there's no absolute way to decrease your chance of getting caught to 0, although they're already slim as fuck.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
he's saying there's no absolute way to decrease your chance of getting caught to 0, although they're already slim as fuck.

Rep:
Level 98

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Don't download? Since when did RMRK go straight? Is that trading section just for show now?

Why must you prove time and time again to be an attention-seeking idiot?  The world would be better if you would get rid of your computer.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
We're not saying that nobody should download. You shouldn't.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Wait, you can't even decrease your chances of getting caught? Surely private trackers must be some kind of help. And seeing how there's a thread on this very site advertising one, they must have SOME purpose or use. Even if that thread is outdated, it wasn't started for nothing. If not for making it harder to be caught, what else might they be used for?

And again, quit searching my posts for extra meaning that isn't there. I'm not trying to get attention, I'm just trying to get everything right here. You can't know something until somebody tells it to you. Be it wikipedia, google, or an online forum. And if I'm asking an online forum, obviously google and wikipedia were either too confusing or not specific enough. How am I supposed to learn about anything if I just get treated like an idiot for asking? I've got to get the initial knowledge from SOMEWHERE. Why can't I even post on this forum without somebody acting like I'm an attention whore? Give me the blank slate I deserve and quit acting like you've discovered some hidden ulterior motive in everything I do. Face it, you guys are wrong about me. I haven't been that way for at least three years.

I suppose I could always register on the bay, but I'm sick and tired of making new accounts on new websites, so fuck it.

Now, let me lay out my two current questions:
-What is the purpose of private trackers?
-For those of you who are pirates, what are you, personally going to do differently once this happens?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
In all honesty, I think a lot of the problem is contribution versus detriment. We're a group of friends, not a charity organization. And in your case, there's a lot of one-sided back scratching. I'm not necessarily saying you're a detriment to the community, I'm just saying that to expect constant help and advice, despite a lack of real contribution in return to the community, gives off the impression that you're only here to take what you need and leave. Not only is this disrespectful and selfish, but it leads a lot of the regulars to find you annoying, simply because at this point in time they reap no real benefit from your presence here.

You're not a bad guy. You're not malicious or spiteful, and I'm not really trying to pick on you. I'm just saying that if you want us to take a more friendly approach to your onslaught of questions, we're all going to need more incentive to do so.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
In all honesty, I think a lot of the problem is contribution versus detriment. We're a group of friends, not a charity organization. And in your case, there's a lot of one-sided back scratching. I'm not necessarily saying you're a detriment to the community, I'm just saying that to expect constant help and advice, despite a lack of real contribution in return to the community, gives off the impression that you're only here to take what you need and leave. Not only is this disrespectful and selfish, but it leads a lot of the regulars to find you annoying, simply because at this point in time they reap no real benefit from your presence here.

You're not a bad guy. You're not malicious or spiteful, and I'm not really trying to pick on you. I'm just saying that if you want us to take a more friendly approach to your onslaught of questions, we're all going to need more incentive to do so.
Oh.
Well that makes sense.

I don't have anything smart to say here. Your post just makes sense, and now I understand. Guess I better start contributing more instead of just popping in to Computing when I need something.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
You're evasive about what it is you're actually doing. And you're weird.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Wait, you can't even decrease your chances of getting caught?
Obviously you can because the suggestions are there but they are also shitty suggestions.  The best advice you have received so far is to just not do it because it drops your chances of being caught down to 0%. 

And yes, Malson is very correct as to my assessment of your attention-seeking not to mention your little post about your "addiction" problem that you were so vague about...and every trouble shooting post where troubleshooting advice was given yet rather than just getting it all over with, you let it drag on and on... but that is just my view of it.

You're evasive about what it is you're actually doing. And you're weird.
When is he NOT?
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 94
I meant in answer to his question.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I meant in answer to his question.
I'm actually curious when he's not.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
The purpose of private trackers, for me at least, is the speed. Zoom :)
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Personally, when I banned you a couple of years ago, I thought it was a good thing.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
tor is the slowest fucking thing

I just wanted to see if he would come back asking how to use .onion sites

Also use bakaBT for anime, and you can't stop shit, private trackers still cause P2P traffic, which most ISP's count as LOL U TORRENT.

Most of my updaters that are P2P cause my internet to go down for 5-10 mins.

Rep:
Level 98
People join private trackers because you're usually certain not to get a virus or a fucked upload, as well as a consistent community, help and 0 day uploads.

Don't download? Since when did RMRK go straight? Is that trading section just for show now?

Why must you prove time and time again to be an attention-seeking idiot?  The world would be better if you would get rid of your computer.

seriously dude you haven't even been here long enough to shit on animefan

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I've got three invites sitting on bitgamer but I'm never inviting anybody ever again!!