RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[vx] getting battle victory music to loop?

Rep:
Level 66
RMRK Junior
I wrote some MIDI music for the old RM2k/2k3 makers years ago, and that included a MIDI battle victory song.

This song was designed to play a quick introduction, then has a controller change to loop after the 5th measure.  This worked great with the old RPG maker, however it seems RMVX needs to be an ME, designed to play a quick fanfare style song that ends on it's own (and doesn't recognize looping controls), rather than a BGM which still has the looping funcitonality. Plus, the song does not stop after a battle ends, it plays to its full resolution.

Anyone have ideas/advice to get this to function like the older RPG Makers?  It would be nice to have the functionality I designed it to have - play the intro and loop the 2nd part, up until the player exits the battle results screen.
My Soundcloud:

RMRK Forum - Musical "Works in Progress"
I'm a Musician (Sonar X1, Piano, Guitar, game music inspired), and a visual artist/animator (Adobe Photoshop/After FX).
My musical inspirations include Sigur Ros, Pat Metheny, Andy McKee, Tool, Yokko Kanno, Yasunori Mitsuda, etc, to name a variety.
My favorite RPG series is Breath of Fire.
I love RPG's, & enjoy dabbling with RPG Maker, & am considering projects to start someday.

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Yanfly's Victory Aftermath does just that.