RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Gabe confirms Steam for Linux this year / Half-Life 3 announcement info

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Here's the latest in the steaming excitement concerning Valve's Source Engine and Steam client coming to Linux.

Over the weekend an email was sent in by a Phoronix reader, Joe Davinson, about an email exchange he had with Gabe Newell of Valve. Below is the email screenshot where he says "Yes" to "Will the Linux version of the Steam client be released to the public before the end of this year?"

[Valve's Gabe Says "Yes" To Steam Linux This Year]
This isn't news at all to me, but unfortunately back when I was in Bellevue they asked me to not comment more specifically on their targeted release schedule, so for now you will just have to wait. But what this email confirms for release plans by end of year is already quite accomodating compared to what I was told. Maybe though Valve will finally provide public Linux comments from the E3 Expo?

Half-Life 3 – or Half-Life 2: Episode 3 if you prefer – is now long overdue. What is its fate? Valve tells us that you won’t find the answer in any cryptic announcement.

As part of the 14-page Valve special in games™ 123, we interview Chet Faliszek, one of the developer’s top writers about its missing-in-action Half-Life 2: Episode Three. After years of speculation, subtle hints and outlandish rumours, Faliszek tells us, “When we announce Half-Life 3 it won’t be on a t-shirt or a forum or some obscure internet game. We’ll do it in our own way.” Faliszek’s remarks are part of a wider piece investigating the fate of Valve’s Half-life sequel, now five years overdue. The article covers every last detail known about the game’s development and includes exclusive contributions from Faliszek, Kim Swift and her fellow Portal co-creator Jeep Barnett.
http://www.gamestm.co.uk/discuss/when-we-announce-half-life-3-well-do-it-our-own-way-says-valve/

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
TL;DR:

Still no word on HL3.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
In a perfect world, the steam client would function more like how Wine works, and cause most windows based games to run Nativity.

A man can dream.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
look like valve really know how to count to 3 lolz...

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
You know, if they could get a good chunk of steam games to function on linux, I might switch to backtrack 3 as my default OS rather than use it in a virtual machine when I need to make use of it's...yeah anyway.

I do want to like linux...I really do.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
You know, if they could get a good chunk of steam games to function on linux, I might switch to backtrack 3 as my default OS rather than use it in a virtual machine when I need to make use of it's...yeah anyway.

I do want to like linux...I really do.
and i will wait for it to released to linux and see if they will giveaway a free game just like what they did when mac for steam was released... (really i missed that give away and i didn't get that free "portal" game because i didn't know about it before...)

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
You know, if you download steam and keep track of the news and updates, you wont miss any of their free gifts and special offers.  Steam pops up news and updates every day that there is something new.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
You know, if you download steam and keep track of the news and updates, you wont miss any of their free gifts and special offers.  Steam pops up news and updates every day that there is something new.
sometime i didn't check it out since i have school and also my apple account is way overloaded with app that  i got for free... (very active on those freebie and special offers) and also i subscribe a ton of game company like big fish game and other thing that they will offers... and check online if there any offer to it...

edit: check steam and Potato Sack has return...
and if you have extra game copy when you buy a game at steam (even when you want to complete the potato sack collection, give me one at my steam account jomarcenter and i will be happy and thank to that user via youtube and livestream personally.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 11:20:09 AM by jomarcenter »