RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Over 100,000 Students To Get Bible Lessons On Killing Unbelievers

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Can't tell if true.

In a May 30, 2012 story in The Guardian, journalist Katherine Stewart, author of The Good News Club: The Christian Right’s Stealth Assault on America’s Children reveals that next Fall over 100,000 elementary school students in American public schools will receive explicit coaching on the scriptural justification for killing unbelievers, every last one – drawing on Old Testament scripture that, according to Pennsylvania State professor Philip Jenkins, author of Laying Down the Sword: Why We Can’t Ignore the Bible’s Violent Verses, has historically been used by the Pilgrims to justify slaughtering Native Americans, by Catholics and Protestants to justify slaughtering each other, and during the early 1990s in Rwanda, to justify killing Tutsis.

The genocide lessons – which emphasize that divinely-mandated instructions to kill unbelievers must be carried out thoroughly and without reservation, will be taught next year in “Good News” clubs in over 3200 public schools across America, by the Christian fundamentalist ministry Child Evangelism Fellowship.

As Stewart describes, the CEF’s new curriculum is quite direct – there’s nothing “spiritualized” or metaphorical about its use of scripture.

Paraphrasing the Old Testament scripture I Samuel 15:2-3, the Child Evangelism Fellowship’s new lesson plan teaches, “You are to go and completely destroy the Amalekites (AM-uh-leck-ites) – people, animals, every living thing. Nothing shall be left.” The manual then instructs the teacher to tell students, “That was pretty clear, wasn’t it?” Stewart continues,

[...]

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2012/06/03/over-100000-public-elementary-school-students-to-get-bible-lessons-on-killing-unbelievers/
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 04:31:41 AM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
. . .
I'm speechless

Rep:
Level 60
I highly doubt this is true. While I am aware that there are religious Christian zealots out there, a Christian institution wouldn't follow a scripture from the Old testament, since the New testament is basically about tearing down the teachings of the Old testament.

Rep:
Level 71
I hope this isn't true, if it is then I better prepare a bunker.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 05:05:05 AM by DoctorTodd »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I highly doubt this is true. While I am aware that there are religious Christian zealots out there, a Christian institution wouldn't follow a scripture from the Old testament, since the New testament is basically about tearing down the teachings of the Old testament.

You'd think that.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Christians don't know what they believe anymore.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
gee separation of church and state sure seems to be working well

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Best Counsel2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature MemberBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
carried out in public schoolroom classes after the school day has ended

The Good News Club is just that, a club. It meets after school.. hmm I think once a month, but I'm not sure. It's totally voluntary, our local school has one as well.   I'm pretty sure that most of the people who will go to this club meeting will be Christians. And I'm pretty sure most of these kids will have already heard about the Amalekites. And probably the annihilation of the Canaanites, and let us not forget the Midianites.  See? I haven't been to Sunday school in years but I can remember at least three.

This type of story reminds me of the blog where the woman talked about how hard it was to be so beautiful.   And then the assessment of that mess which was basically that the dailymail was trolling.  To me it seems like that is exactly what this , trolling. 

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I hope it is trolling.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
carried out in public schoolroom classes after the school day has ended

The Good News Club is just that, a club. It meets after school.. hmm I think once a month, but I'm not sure. It's totally voluntary, our local school has one as well.   I'm pretty sure that most of the people who will go to this club meeting will be Christians. And I'm pretty sure most of these kids will have already heard about the Amalekites. And probably the annihilation of the Canaanites, and let us not forget the Midianites.  See? I haven't been to Sunday school in years but I can remember at least three.

This type of story reminds me of the blog where the woman talked about how hard it was to be so beautiful.   And then the assessment of that mess which was basically that the dailymail was trolling.  To me it seems like that is exactly what this , trolling.

The same woman that wrote this?  Jeeze she's on a roll.  What a successful troll she is.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2147212/Samantha-Brick-Independence-A-career-Who-needs-A-husband-prizes-looks-key.html
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Best Counsel2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature MemberBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Yup, same one. She has perfected the art of trolling to make money lol

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
ugghhhhhhh why do people read dailymail

it's literally the worst

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I dunno, I only heard about it cause it was on the Today show (which I'll admit isn't really a news show) So I googled her xD