RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Which sprites are more appealing. I need an opinion.

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
I have been debating on which kind of sprites would appeal to players more...

I was originally thinking of the original RTP-style sprites for the overworld and the RTP-style battle sprites for battle. I thought this would be good because I could easily make different poses, but then I cam across some 16-Bit OVerworld sprites remnicent of Final Fantasy 4/5. which are much smaller than usual, but I could use Final Fantasy battle sprites for combat, and I even saw some interesting poses for the smaller sprites (a really cool Ninja Vanish and a Jumping Sprite I could edit).

So that is where I stand, I can figure out which to use, maybe the public could help.
Gone. Just, gone. Maybe Forever.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I picked FF4/5 basically because I love FFV and it's may favourite FF game at he moment..
bringing sexy back

Same here. I loved Final Fantasy 3's class system, then I played 4 and I liked the battle sprites and how cool they looked with their special poses and such then it struck my like an anvil when 5 came out, combining my favorite aspects of 3 and 4 but with a whole new revolutionizing twist on the class system, I loved it. I also loved how you could go out and hunt down the espers for the summoenr class.

This probably leads to another question, I know the classic RPG gives you abilities as you level up, but I was thinking of a new system. Every character has some-type of item (or items for other characters) that teaches them their skills, and the only ones they learn leveling up would be more personal skills and less class based (kinda like the Desperation Attacks/Limit Breaks/Etc.)

What do you think?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
you mean like the FFIX system? That'd be cool (FFIX my next fave FF game), but just thinking bout it off the top of my head wouldn't it br hard and complicated to do that? I think it's totally possible though :D
bringing sexy back

Dark_Prince - Pegasus Saga
Rep:
Level 92
Every Final Fantasy Game Ever Made. By the way I choose FFV sprites, Since FFV is my favorite.

It would be a little complicated but not too hard. For example the main character is Elric the Red (Vampire Necromancer). He learns his vampieric powers as he levels up and he can learn upgraded versions from Vampieric Tomes. His Necromancy starts out with a wide variety fo spells, but if whenever her meets with a Greater Undead, they may or may not bestow him a new skill. Also at one point you head into a grave yard and you can fight Undead Spirits (Which are amazingly hard) and gain new powers. Also certain people would get powers from what they have equipped. Like my one armed mercenary. Hehehe.

Rep:
Level 102
yeah, it'd take some planning but it'd be cool if it worked :)  Oh and arcana I haven't forgot bout that thing I'm doing for you, expect an email sometime with it :)
bringing sexy back