RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Elder Scrolls Online

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Then I posted.

Also, dongs... I don't know if this will be any good. We've been told by Bethesda that they will do "this" and "that". Remember radiant AI? Where is that? I would take anything they say with an ocean of salt.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I am vehemently against this. So much so, in fact, that I used the word vehemently.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I do not like mmo games. I do like coop games. I love single player games.

Also, vehemently is an awesome word. I don't hear it enough. (Or read it for that matter)

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
As I said in the IRC when I first posted this, if this were a coop game I would be behind it 100%. As an MMO, I'll wait and see.

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
Since the TES series has come out with some awesome games since '02 [dunno exactly about Arena or Daggerfall, never played 'em], I'm kinda expecting this to be at the very least decent, if not awe-inspiring.
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
But its going to be defferent. Calling it an elder scrolls game and making the lore match doesn't make it so. Part of the mystique of TES is the feeling of isolation when you're in the wild. Even the art looks dopey compared to the regular art, though that might have something to do with Adam dying earlier this year. I just don't want mmo people fucking up my experience, so I won't be playing it. I hate to say this, but part of me hopes that it fails quickly, so they can learn the lesson and get on with what they do best. Fucking mmos. :mad:

Rep:
Level 57
That's kinda stereotypical just saying MMO people.
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 94
I don't care.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Also, when people complain about a game being too WoW like, what is so wrong with being WoW like?  The controls?  The community?  What is so wrong with WoW that people dislike it so much?  Also, which iteration of WoW is it that people dislike so much?  It has changed so much over the years that it seems to me people just hate WoW just so they can join the crowd that hates WoW.  I've grown out of the whole WoW thing but I still consider it a solid game and very influential in the MMO market.

It's not that WoW is bad, it's that the MMO genre at large almost seems to be a one-game genre.  With so many games borrowing, using, or being influenced by wow mechanics, interface, quest hub design, and etc... (there are a lot of them), it gets very boring.

As a person who enjoys WoW, I'm tired of seeing every new game look like WoW in a new setting.  When I feel like playing WoW, I load up WoW, I don't go out and buy some new MMO to get the same experience with a different face.

They want to make a TES MMO.  They should make a damn TES MMO, not World of Tamrielcraft.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
That's why I stopped playing SWTOR. I love Star Wars (obviously), but the only real difference was the use of voice acting and the cut scenes per quest or interaction with NPCs and stuff. Most MMO's only have very few slightly different things from MMO to MMO, but mostly they're all the same game.

Coop games are the best.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I never liked Skyrim, but I played small snips of Oblivion and it was neato. Not being able to have a house would put me off though. Same with no dragons.

Or werewolves

or no real time combat

and the level cap only takes 120 hours

and oh dear.

Rep:
Level 57
I never liked Skyrim, but I played small snips of Oblivion and it was neato. Not being able to have a house would put me off though. Same with no dragons.

Or werewolves

or no real time combat

and the level cap only takes 120 hours

and oh dear.

Let's see, in Oblivion you could actually own a house, and there's a LOT more challenge builds available for it than Skyrim, like single school, mundane, Atronach, iron-man, and even no weps. They are both great games, imo, so I won't bash Skyrim at all, since it has some other challenge builds in it as well.

Level caps aren't something to worry about, because in Oblivion they borrowed a monster system from another game, where the monsters leveled up WITH you.

Real-time combat is there in all genres, its just sometimes you have to up the difficulty to notice it.

Dragons & Werewolves, though, I agree completely.
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 94
There were no dragons in oblivion.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Or werewolves.

Rep:
Level 94

Rep:
Level 57
Or werewolves.

That's why I said I agree.

Quote from: Scar
Same with no dragons.

Or werewolves
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 97
That was for Gracie not you, seeing as she liked Oblivion and didn't like Skyrim yet she lists mostly Skyrim features for why she doesn't look forward to this game.

Comprehension is a magical thing.

Rep:
Level 57
Ah. Guess I missed the context on that one.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

You never finished the main quest then.

Rep:
Level 57

You never finished the main quest then.

Well, you didn't really have to fight it, and it was a sort of god visage for Martin, so in that context it doesn't count.
Link to my game is here.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
You guys DO realise I was talking about the MMO?

Derp.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

Derp.

Dragons wouldn't make sense in the context of the story. It's 1000 years before Skryim, which, up until Skyrim, there weren't any dragons. Duh.

Rep:
Level 97

Derp.
Yes and those are all features that were in the game you didn't like. So why would you not look forward to a game because they don't have those features?

Hurr durr derf derp pppbbbtththtpphhpthp

Rep:
Level 57
Yes and those are all features that were in the game you didn't like. So why would you not look forward to a game because they don't have those features?

Derp.

Dragons wouldn't make sense in the context of the story. It's 1000 years before Skryim, which, up until Skyrim, there weren't any dragons. Duh.

So uh...

Yeah. I'm gonna back them.
Link to my game is here.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76

Derp.

Same reason I don't like a lot of things. Fandom killed it dead. Which is why I watch virtually no anime, and haven't read a lot of comics.