RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
"Wake up and smell the ashes." IGN Teases Famous HL2 Quote

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
At 3:03 AM EST, IGN posts "Wake up and smell the ashes." on their twitter page. Shortly after, the Steam_Support mentions to follow them/their news.
https://twitter.com/#!/IGN/status/196857191230226433
https://twitter.com/#!/Steam_Support/status/196867877947719680

E3 is five weeks away ;o

let the speculation begin,
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 05:48:57 PM by Firerain »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Too many times I've hoped only to be let down. I'm not going to get my hopes up, which means that its probably real this time.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Too many times I've hoped only to be let down. I'm not going to get my hopes up, which means that its probably real this time.

But if it's not, neither of us will be disappointed! :D

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
no sense getting excited. Gaben will only announce it when and where we least expect it. he'll end up putting a single ad out on billboard on a seldom used road between two desert towns in the western U.S. and it will just be a crowbar on a white background and we shall all know half life will be coming soon.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
This E3 is going to be fucking weird. Everybody is announcing shit already and Sony and Microsoft don't want to talk about new consoles yet. Nintendo announcing NSMB2 and confirming Pikmin 3 a week ago was pretty unexpected. Sony's announced a new God of War and that Smash Bros. style game already.

WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO AT E3? Show trailers for games we already know about? No way are we going to get a bunch of new games announced when we're this close to the next generation.

Half Life 3 being announced could save a boring E3 though. Last year's E3 was pretty shit.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
E3's consistently been shit for a couple of years in a row now.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
E3 has been entertaining for the past two years. With Microsoft clinging to the Kinect like a needy boy/girlfriend, their conferences have been comedy gold and I can't wait for this year's embarrassment.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
the kinect isn't bad, simply underutilized, just like the wii was/is concerning third party support.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I would say the Kinect is not very good.

It's possible Steel Battalion won't be terrible, though. We can only hope the kinect bits of the game work flawlessly, but I'm willing to bet that won't be the case.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:28:39 PM by chewey »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
E3 isn't even relevant anymore.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Eh. E3's that day when all the companies reveal what big things they've been working on. They do it all at once, which gives it more meaning. Sure, people could just subscribe to a gaming subreddit and see it that way, but the fact that it all happens at the same time, over the course of 3-4 days makes it a bigger and more exciting event. I appreciate that, because it's less work for me, since I don't feel like checking up on gaming news every day for fear that I'll miss some big news when it comes out at some completely random and arbitrary date.

Does it need to be a conference, or a live situation? I'm not so sure anymore. Today, people are connected enough that you don't have to actually be there to know what's going on, you know? Think of the money these guys would save if they just released videos online, and didn't waste so many resources putting on some huge live show every year.

Then again, the conferences DO offer demos and things for fans to play with. That's a nice experience for them.

I dunno. Arguments for either side. Whatever.

So yeah, argument about relevance of E3: done. Let's just talk about games, now.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 03:43:38 AM by Arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Retro Studios. Their new project is basically my favorite thing about this E3, presuming that it will be revealed. I gotta feeling it'll be more of an adventure shooter like MP, but with an action focus. Something to give Nintendo their own "core-shooter."
I'm very excited for Wii U news, and I have a feeling Nintendo will reveal a game from at least one of their major series for it. Pikmin 3 is going to be cool, too.

Didn't bother to read much of this thread but Gabe Newell did say they weren't going to announce any new games at E3. Not that I necessarily believe this 100%, because everyone avoids confirming unannounced games that they plan to announce at an upcoming event.

Actually, I'm excited to hear more about Call of duty Black ops 2. Normally I don't give a shit about the series, but if they can really break the mold I'd be super interested. If they make it less "I saw you first - I win" and balanced I'd probably pick it up at some point.

edit: Sony Smash Bros looks stupid now that I read about it. You cannot KO someone without a super attack. Way to turn controllable chaos into punching bags. However, I think they should've made it like Powerstone instead of SSB.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 06:18:14 PM by King Louie »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Last year's E3 was pathetic and hilarious.
Nintendo busts out all sorts of big name games people can't wait to see, while Sony and Microsoft talk about the things you can do with their gaming consoles that ISN'T GAMING.

I can't wait to see this year's.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
E3 has been entertaining for the past two years. With Microsoft clinging to the Kinect like a needy boy/girlfriend, their conferences have been comedy gold and I can't wait for this year's embarrassment.

I'm so glad I'm not the only person that feels this way.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I hope they bring Mr.Caffeine back :V
:taco: :taco: :taco: