RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Video Cameras and Batteries

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I have two digital cameras: One old one that can't record sound and one bigger one that can record sound but still looks not-so-great in terms of quality and expends AA batteries like shotgun shells.

It'll do this thing where it quickly takes a new pair of AA batteries and within 15 minutes of use (at most) insists that these batteries are out of power. I take the batteries out for a while, put them back in, and they're full of power again according to the camera. This process repeats until the batteries actually are out of power, which doesn't take long.

Why does my camera do this? And is there a way I can modify my camera so I can plug it into an outlet instead?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
That's just what they start doing. My old reject of a camera does the same thing.  No, you can't modify it, but if you really want you can just turn off and disable anything that'd eat up battery life (sound effects, the screen etc). I recommend upgrading to a more recent camera with a rechargeable battery.

Also, certain models of Powershot are known to eat through batteries really fast. It's supposedly a defect in the battery contacts. If you have one you're SOL.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 07:04:11 PM by Zachary »
:taco: :taco: :taco:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
A battery's voltage decreases as it discharges, and this is how a device guesses the capacity of a "dumb" battery. When you remove the battery it will "heal" up a little bit as it stabilizes chemically inside after discharging stops, meaning you'll get a slightly higher voltage again when reconnecting it.

I'd just get a camera that has its own rechargeable li-ion battery instead. Or just get a new phone. It's hard to find an android phone that can't record at least 1280x720 nowadays.
bringing sexy back

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Wobbly mobile phone video can eat my poo.

Rep:
Level 69
A battery's voltage decreases as it discharges, and this is how a device guesses the capacity of a "dumb" battery. When you remove the battery it will "heal" up a little bit as it stabilizes chemically inside after discharging stops, meaning you'll get a slightly higher voltage again when reconnecting it.

I'd just get a camera that has its own rechargeable li-ion battery instead. Or just get a new phone. It's hard to find an android phone that can't record at least 1280x720 nowadays.
I always shake my batteries around, they last about 1/3 longer when I do.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 11:49:44 PM by Scalinger2 »