RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Facebook shows support of CISPA

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Friends-

What is Facebook thinking? They've signed on in support of CISPA -- the new bill that would obliterate online privacy, give the military crazy new abilities to spy on the Internet, and potentially let ISPs block sites and cut off users accused of piracy.

The Center for Democracy and Technology says, "CISPA has a very broad, almost unlimited definition of the information that can be shared with government agencies and it supersedes all other privacy laws."
According to the Electronic Frontier Foundation:

An ISP could even interpret this bill as allowing them to block accounts believed to be infringing, block access to websites like The Pirate Bay believed to carry infringing content, or take other measures provided they claimed it was motivated by cybersecurity concerns.

Internet users were able to push GoDaddy to withdraw its support of SOPA. Now it's time to make sure Facebook knows we're furious.

Please tell Facebook to withdraw its support for CISPA. Just click here:

http://act.demandprogress.org/sign/cispa_facebook/?referring_akid=a5614276.468733.rw8Hrn&source=auto-taf

Thanks!

Copied from an email I recieved.  Do what you will. 
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Yeah, its bullshit. If they don't overturn their support within the next 48 hours, I'm deleting my account.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Yeah, its bullshit. If they don't overturn their support within the next 48 hours, I'm deleting my account.

Sadly, I don't think enough people in the world would do that because of this.  Really, I also don't see a petition doing much good either.  They have less care for their users than anywhere else that I've seen.  Hell, even with a good chunk of people bitching about the new timeline shit they rolled out, they still pushed it through.  If they overturn their support, I'll be amazed.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I won't be one of them.

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
God-damn this bullshit. I use facebook for my art commisions, but if FB doesn't overturn, I'm switchin' to Twitter.
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Google+ anyone?

I'm still not convinced that CISPA really affects file-sharing at all, honestly.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I've got a Google+ account already and rarely use it but I may start.  I also have a twitter and I can just use my deviantart account for all my art and photos so the only thing that will suck about deleting my fb account is all the friends I'll lose contact with.  Other than that, fuck it.

Rep:
Level 57
That's the reason for Twitter, that and I like the easy-connect with it, so...

...yeah. Twitter's next on my list. I like my Kongregate account and it's useful for SendSpace and Photobucket, too.
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
That's the reason for Twitter, that and I like the easy-connect with it, so...

...yeah. Twitter's next on my list. I like my Kongregate account and it's useful for SendSpace and Photobucket, too.

I'm not a big fan of twitter personally but I do most of my fb posts through twitter from my phone lol

I found a list of all companies that support CISPA.

http://intelligence.house.gov/hr-3523-letters-support

AT&T
Boeing
BSA
Business Roundtable
CSC
COMPTEL
CTIA - The Wireless Association
Cyber, Space & Intelligence Association
Edison Electric
EMC
Exelon
Facebook
The Financial Services Roundtable
IBM
Independent Telephone & Telecommunications Alliance
Information Technology Industry Council
Intel
Internet Security Alliance
Lockheed Martin
Microsoft
National Cable & Telecommunications Association
NDIA
Oracle
Symantec
TechAmerica
US Chamber of Commerce
US Telecom - The Broadband Association
Verizon

I'm gonna tell my girlfriend (or suggest and beg I guess) to just stop paying her AT&T bill and screw the disconnect fee.  Not like she doesn't have a Sprint phone anyway...having two phones is retarded either way lol.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 02:12:33 AM by Steven W »

Rep:
Level 57
Oh my god, that's a lot of companies.
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 60
Really, none of those listed companies are much of a surprise at all.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Really, none of those listed companies are much of a surprise at all.

nope, not really much of a surprise at all.

Rep:
Level 57
It's not that.
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 60
It's not that.

Well, if it's the length of the list that surprised you, SOPA had the support of over 350 companies. Just, you know, something to think about. ;)

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
We need to figure out a way to advertise to everyone to vote with their wallet and stop supporting these companies until they drop support...or I do at least lol.

And I need to find a good argument to get my girlfriend to drop her phone for a month or two lol.  She just doesn't want to lose her fancy new phone rofl.

Rep:
Level 57
Show her the bill and what it'd do. That would probably do something.
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I told her it was another SOPA.  That was enough to get her to want to drop her FB account but she really really really loves her phone lol

Rep:
Level 60
I told her it was another SOPA.  That was enough to get her to want to drop her FB account but she really really really loves her phone lol
Well, are you going to stop using Microsoft Windows? ;)

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
*never once paid for windows*

Rep:
Level 60
Really? Never bought a new computer with Windows already installed on it? Because if so, you paid for the license to use it whether you realize it or not. If not, then... bravo, sir. Bravo.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Really? Never bought a new computer with Windows already installed on it? Because if so, you paid for the license to use it whether you realize it or not. If not, then... bravo, sir. Bravo.

I build my computers.  I got windows xp for free from a friend who was switching to linux.  Windows 7...not so much lol

Rep:
Level 60

I build my computers.  I got windows xp for free from a friend who was switching to linux.  Windows 7...not so much lol

:golfclap:

Use various flavors of Linux most of the time, personally, but using Windows 7 at the moment almost entirely for RMVX (since it was less than lovely running through WINE). Before that, I used a Mac or whatever my parents bought me (which was Windows XP at the time).

Still, for anyone else who didn't know that about the Windows license, it's an interesting thing to note. ;)

Rep:
Level 57
Damn, I wish I had my mom's terrabyte computer. She had that thing hand-made at home, liscense and everything, and DAMN was that sucker fast!
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9

:golfclap:

Use various flavors of Linux most of the time, personally, but using Windows 7 at the moment almost entirely for RMVX (since it was less than lovely running through WINE). Before that, I used a Mac or whatever my parents bought me (which was Windows XP at the time).

Still, for anyone else who didn't know that about the Windows license, it's an interesting thing to note. ;)

It is very good info, especially for those who don't really know much about computers.

Damn, I wish I had my mom's terrabyte computer. She had that thing hand-made at home, liscense and everything, and DAMN was that sucker fast!

I keep hearing about these really good computers and get jealous cuz my computer isn't even average anymore and is in fact, below average with it's dual core processor, 2 gigs of ram and radeon hd 4350 graphics card.  I'm not too worried, though.  It does what all I want it to do.

Rep:
Level 57
I wanted it because it had a free Windows 7 liscense on it [which was completely boss] and it could hold a crapton of files.
Link to my game is here.