RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A thread... about that one annoying guy...

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Well, you do a lot more in the Projects section than most D&P3, so I don't think joy's comment was directed so much at you.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
It's almost always something with an rpgmaker thread though.

either the creator is a cocky douche with a good looking game or it's a bad looking game with someone who doesn't think it's bad at the helm and completely ignores or misunderstands constructive criticism or it's a thread with hardly any content that hasn't been updated in longer than 2 week and doesn't have a game or demo.

I swear 90% of the time no one posts in rpgmaker threads because there's a chance any criticism will be responded to with "fuk u ur rong my gaem is perfect" or something equally as stupid. reives thread got a good response, because even though he's really fucking good he's humble about it enough that you can point something out without him snapping at you.

shitstorms don't start themselves.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:55:02 PM by Strike_Reyhi »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
When I was 13, I cured cancer.

I thought that was when you leaned how to divide by zero.
:tinysmile:

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
You're all talking about Irock, right?

I hate that guy.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
You're all talking about Irock, right?

I hate that guy.

Class.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots

Out of curiosity, how many of these smileys do you have?
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
but yeah, I think Irock is annoying too. :V

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I'm starting to think that there's a lot more going on with him than simple ignorance or a language barrier. I think he might actually be autistic or retarded. He doesn't seem to understand context, and he explains away or ignores any attempts to correct him or show him things in another way. He doesn't finish things, but he starts projects in almost every area he can find. He doesn't seem capable of taking anything beyond face value. I've seen this before in kids that were autistic, but it was always in person, so it took me longer to notice. My point is that its not going to get any better, because he doesn't understand.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
If he is, I'd feel a little bad about calling him retarded. A little.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Suddenly, everything makes sense.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I'm starting to think that there's a lot more going on with him than simple ignorance or a language barrier. I think he might actually be autistic or retarded. He doesn't seem to understand context, and he explains away or ignores any attempts to correct him or show him things in another way. He doesn't finish things, but he starts projects in almost every area he can find. He doesn't seem capable of taking anything beyond face value. I've seen this before in kids that were autistic, but it was always in person, so it took me longer to notice. My point is that its not going to get any better, because he doesn't understand.
He is a CHILD posting on the internet.  I don't know many CHILDREN that don't show these same signs.  It's like saying a kid has ADHD just because he doesn't want to sit still during class because he is bored and would rather be out doing other things.  In the RPG Maker community, the "He doesn't finish things, but he starts projects in almost every area he can find" statement is a COMMON trait amongst people in the RPG Maker community. The Majority of projects began by most members of the community go incomplete because people either lose interest in making them, get ridiculed because of how bad their game is or life just comes along and people just don't have time to finish their project.

It is as simple as this: there is a language barrier and he is ignorant (starting to really hate that word after yesterday lol).  If he would start thanking people for their help, people would probably be more willing to help him.  If he asked people to help him, he would probably be more likely to make a better project.  If he could make a better project, he would more than likely finish something and not move on to other things over and over again.

And yeah, he does need to stop posting topics.  I'm tired of hearing all the breaking news from the Philippines.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 60
To me, he just seems like a little kid craving for a little bit too much attention. Somehow, I don't think ignoring him will stop him, though.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
To me, he just seems like a little kid craving for a little bit too much attention. Somehow, I don't think ignoring him will stop him, though.

It usually doesn't.  It usually just gets worse before it gets better.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
No, I'm telling you its more than that. He's not just a child. I worked with kids like this for a few years. You get to know the signs. He's older than you think.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:28:15 PM by Holk »

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
No, I'm telling you its more than that. He's not just a child.

Well, I guess 99% of the kids in the RPG Maker community whose English is poor are just autistic.  lol.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I think he's just a weird kid dealing with a language barrier. There are some other members I'd pull the autism (or aspergers at the very least) card out on however.

Rep:
Level 94
Don't patronize me. I know what I'm talking about, even if you might not. What was your psych experience again?

Rep:
Level 94
Aspbergers is a form of autism.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Don't patronize me. I know what I'm talking about, even if you might not. What was your psych experience again?

You don't need psych experience to see that the kid acts exactly like I did when I was his age with the only difference being that I understand when people are being an asshole.  I'm also not patronizing you, I am pointing out how your analysis of the boy is faulty and you lack any other evidence to point to the kid being anything other than the kid just doesn't understand some things that us English speakers assume everyone else should know. 

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I agree with Holk. I think there's more going on than just a language barrier. I've seen other foreign people on here that don't act this dense.

Rep:
Level 94
I agree that I don't know him personally, and would never truly diagnose or recommended meds for someone over the internet, but I know my experience. What has me even more interested though, is your total opposition to the very idea, and your apparent hostility toward me for the suggestion. Had some psych problems in the past? A family member, maybe?

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Aspbergers is a form of autism.
Yes it's part of the autism spectrum but you can have autism without aspergers and vice versa.
My point is he isn't much different to deal with than a lot of other members we have, he just has the added bonus of not understanding English very well and probably grew up with different cultural implications.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Although I'm inclined to agree with Holk here due to his past experience with this, I don't think calling him out on having current/past issues about it was the right path to take.

However, this post is probably mostly hypocrisy due to the fact I'm a dick 99% of the time.

Rep:
Level 69
It's a mixture of him being little and not fully knowing english. I mean yeah, there's mature kids at his age, we'll just assume he's not.