RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
the future helper series official topic

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Just read the story. Pissed myself laughing.

1. "idiotic villain who wants to rage war against eachother". How the FUCK does he propose to do that?

2. Anrgon? ANRGON? HOW is that pronounced? I just keep thinking Aragorn from Lord of the Rings and Aragog from Harry Potter.

3. Romeo and Juliet. Last names are science and magic? PISS off.

Changed my mind, I'm not even doing the logo.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Did nobody read my post?  http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45560.msg521453.html#msg521453

Stop posting in this topic pretending you are only trying to help when it's clear that your only objective is to make fun of the game or its creator. I'm not that blind, and I'll ban the next person to do it. I've been pretty lenient so far since RMRK is a pretty lenient place, but this is obscene. I cannot imagine how you people derive so much pleasure from ridiculing children. It's sadistic.

To be clear, this post is particularly directed at skaraflame and Rief.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 11:00:08 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 84
Give me a week or two Jormacenter and I'll see if I can slap out a logo for you if you would like.

I'll give you a little bit of advice real fast. You are trying to crank out, what...three games right now? Two being in the same "Future Helper" series? Take a break and focus on creating one solid game for a while and when you have hit a wall with one, take a break and work on another, but don't try to make three games at once at the same time. It's not going to work. Trust me.

Also, you seem to be feeding the fire here by posting nonstop about what updates are out and what you've fixed and crud. I'd stop posting about all that and spend time actually making your game. Instead of mapping eight to ten different maps and filling them with nothing per day, slow down. Make one or two maps per day and put a lot of effort into them. Explore the screenshot thread and look at different examples of work from people. It worked for my friend and I, and it can work for you.

I can't help improve your story telling at all, and there have been some genuinely good story ideas for you posted in this thread. Take those into serious consideration instead of tossing them aside like you have been.

As unlikely I am to actually play your game, I'm still interested in seeing you succeed and make something that others will enjoy playing.

So seriously, consider my advice.

Rep:
Level 57
Noun. The act of illuminating.
Contestant - GIAW 9
Did nobody read my post?  http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45560.msg521453.html#msg521453

Stop posting in this topic pretending you are only trying to help when it's clear that your only objective is to make fun of the game or its creator. I'm not that blind, and I'll ban the next person to do it. I've been pretty lenient so far since RMRK is a pretty lenient place, but this is obscene. I cannot imagine how you people derive so much pleasure from ridiculing children. It's sadistic.

Not taking any stance here, but how is this any different from all the other episodes with young people posting poor games or projects to then be played with or hated on? I can't remember exactly the usernames but I read tons of them, billybullshot or something and indeed Skaraflame himself I think.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
1. I don't derive pleasure. When it looks like I'm trying to help, I actually am.
2. It's not my objective, however I will admit that's how it looks.
3. I know that post wasn't directed at ONLY me, I just thought I'd clear that up.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy

Not taking any stance here, but how is this any different from all the other episodes with young people posting poor games or projects to then be played with or hated on? I can't remember exactly the usernames but I read tons of them, billybullshot or something and indeed Skaraflame himself I think.
Yes. I do believe I got a lot of harsh criticism for Golden Trinity (which by the way I've nearly completed :P), but I can actually see it was a pretty abominable game, and if people were being nice about it, it would've given me the illusion that I actually did a good job on the game.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

I need links before I can comment with any specifics, as I do not recall either of those threads and would need to review them.

In any case, this isn't the common law, and we don't follow the doctrine of stare decisis. If there was misconduct by members or moderators in those threads and nothing was done, then we failed as moderators in that instance. That failure does not become a precedent that requires us to fail in all future situations where a member is being abused.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

because in the case of 90% of those people they initially reacted very poorly to legit critiscim and then acted out and were douchebags in other threads. so we were dicks to them back.

jomar isn't being a dick and doesn't deserve people shitting on him constantly. call it hypocritical or whatever but don't act like you know how things went down before your time.

as for skara he at first didn't really aknowledge flaws in his game and was sort of court moron around other threads so he got hassled a bit but he has turned it around and at least tries to improve.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
Give me a week or two Jormacenter and I'll see if I can slap out a logo for you if you would like.

I'll give you a little bit of advice real fast. You are trying to crank out, what...three games right now? Two being in the same "Future Helper" series? Take a break and focus on creating one solid game for a while and when you have hit a wall with one, take a break and work on another, but don't try to make three games at once at the same time. It's not going to work. Trust me.

Also, you seem to be feeding the fire here by posting nonstop about what updates are out and what you've fixed and crud. I'd stop posting about all that and spend time actually making your game. Instead of mapping eight to ten different maps and filling them with nothing per day, slow down. Make one or two maps per day and put a lot of effort into them. Explore the screenshot thread and look at different examples of work from people. It worked for my friend and I, and it can work for you.

I can't help improve your story telling at all, and there have been some genuinely good story ideas for you posted in this thread. Take those into serious consideration instead of tossing them aside like you have been.

As unlikely I am to actually play your game, I'm still interested in seeing you succeed and make something that others will enjoy playing.

do you want me to add you to my team at the 64 digit competition that i'm entering...?

and do you know what modern siad before he temporary close the topic before...?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 12:02:40 AM by jomarcenter »

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy

do you want me to add you to my team at the 64 digit competition that i'm entering...?

So someone posts, and you think they want to be part of the team? NO LOGIC.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
you realize that MA doesn't joke around right?

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Just read the story. Pissed myself laughing.

1. "idiotic villain who wants to rage war against eachother". How the FUCK does he propose to do that?

2. Anrgon? ANRGON? HOW is that pronounced? I just keep thinking Aragorn from Lord of the Rings and Aragog from Harry Potter.

3. Romeo and Juliet. Last names are science and magic? PISS off.

Changed my mind, I'm not even doing the logo.
Dear Skaraflame.
Why.. May I ask, Why are you giving advice but in a harsh and crude way?
I know that Jomarcenter may not be the best 'rpg maker' user, but he's not the worst.
Seriously, I just keep see-ing that you only post negative advice on the kid's thread. Never anything positive.
It's not that I hate you or anything Skaraflame, but I don't want this to go unjust. After all, he's just a 13 year old kid who's brain is still developing. Heck, I'm still a kid aswell. So please, forgive my rudeness and his aswell.
なんでやねん

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9

Best to let countdown answer for himself.  Everyone got warned once already and you keep pushing that line.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 84

Best to let countdown answer for himself.  Everyone got warned once already and you keep pushing that line.

I dunno if you're saying that I'm pushing that line. I don't feel like I am. I was just giving honest, genuine advice that Jormacenter definitely needs. As for do I want to be on the team. Thank you, but no thank you. I'm perfectly content watching from the sidelines. Just add credit to me if you use my logo.

Jormacenter, yes, I know what Modern said before he locked to topic...what's your point? Anyway, back to business. If you would, please PM me the details you want for ONE of your game's logos and I'll see if I can do it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 02:33:33 AM by Countdown »

Rep:
Level 97
@Countdown - you've not done anything wrong. Your post is a genuine attempt to help, and I wish that other people would take it as an example of the kind of criticism that might actually help jomarcenter improve, free from the abusive derision that infuses too many posts in this thread. Lethrface was speaking to skaraflame, who I've banned for one day as a result of that post.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
here is the spoiler-free screen shot for the seven tower game

Rep:
Level 65
Working on Monster Leader
Contestant - GIAW 9
Some things about the colors:
They just don't work well together and look strange.
Especially the Red line in the first screenshot hurts when looking at it.
Try using a darker blue for the borders and a really dark blue(nearly black) for the lines
also try to avoid using that green, choose a darker one
and in the lower right corner you write N-PC not N-Pad, may I ask why?

regarding the 2. screenshot:
If you want to use a blue windowskin, stick to the default one or try mixing in some red and green in the current one, your current windowskin doesn't fit well with the RTP tiles thus seeming out of place because it's too bright

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
Some things about the colors:
They just don't work well together and look strange.
Especially the Red line in the first screenshot hurts when looking at it.
Try using a darker blue for the borders and a really dark blue(nearly black) for the lines
also try to avoid using that green, choose a darker one
and in the lower right corner you write N-PC not N-Pad, may I ask why?

regarding the 2. screenshot:
If you want to use a blue windowskin, stick to the default one or try mixing in some red and green in the current one, your current windowskin doesn't fit well with the RTP tiles thus seeming out of place because it's too bright

well the first photo is fix, while the second photo the window skin is editable through the option menu

and the N-PC and the N-PAD are using the same Operating system so it look like the same and i forgot to change that lower right part of the N-pad screen...

Rep:
Level 57
Noun. The act of illuminating.
Contestant - GIAW 9

because in the case of 90% of those people they initially reacted very poorly to legit critiscim and then acted out and were douchebags in other threads. so we were dicks to them back.

jomar isn't being a dick and doesn't deserve people shitting on him constantly. call it hypocritical or whatever but don't act like you know how things went down before your time.

as for skara he at first didn't really aknowledge flaws in his game and was sort of court moron around other threads so he got hassled a bit but he has turned it around and at least tries to improve.

It is a thread, written in text, and as a matter of fact, therefore me reading it now works in just the same way as the people reading the thread back then. You make no sense. I also said that I am not taking any stance or telling anyone they are wrong here, just pointing out something I find strange.

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
well the first photo is fix, while the second photo the window skin is editable through the option menu

Which script are you using for this?
maybe you can adjust the "start" values for the windowskin so it definitly looks nice(r) when starting the game

Also, how does the "new" screen look like?

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM

maybe you can adjust the "start" values for the windowskin so it definitly looks nice(r) when starting the game

the script i use is one of yanfly's system option scripts link: http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/menu-scripts/system-options/
well this is the new n-pad screen

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
definitly better
some further tips:
erase the line behind the N-Pad "heading", it's hard to read this way
Try to make the blue borders at the top and bottom darker than the center (or lighten up the center accordingly), attention is draw to the borders but I believe it should be the center where text will be displayed, or am I wrong?

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
definitly better
some further tips:
erase the line behind the N-Pad "heading", it's hard to read this way
Try to make the blue borders at the top and bottom darker than the center (or lighten up the center accordingly), attention is draw to the borders but I believe it should be the center where text will be displayed, or am I wrong?
now changing it...

Rep: +0/-0Level 56
Dunno
version 0.2 had a ton of new feature here is one of the sample.

i changed the save/load screen using one of yanfly scripts ( http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/menu-scripts/ace-save-engine/ ) .
Nice capital letters we got there.

Rep:
Level 82
Soccer yarouze!
Contestant - GIAW 9

the script i use is one of yanfly's system option scripts link: http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/menu-scripts/system-options/
well this is the new n-pad screen

I think the colors are to simple. try giving them some flow, like the standard windowskin has.
also, why not implement changable backgrounds for the N-Pad?
by the way, what is the purpose of the N-Pad? what can it do?