RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
the future helper series official topic

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Now for a nice suggestion for your story Jomarcenter (because the more you reveal, the less I like your game [It just sounds really bad to me])

Make your towers in a time-travelling loop, they've already got an time travelling orb inside them (or at least that's how I read it), so make them travel through time at random intervals so that you can only access one tower whenever it returns to your timezone and only give a certain amount of time to be able to enter it and continue the main story quest.

Since your game allows players to do other quests besides the main ones, this would work with your game and it gives a nice middle finger to the player if they didn't decide to do the main story quest when it was available because they have to wait for it to return.
So we're just going to ignore this then?

Just throwing it out there, I don't see what everyone thinks is so great about this idea. It's not even a storyline. It's a gameplay element, and a fairly bad one at that. You should never give "the middle finger" to the player for wanting to do sidequests.

And while I agree that Jomar really needs to improve his story, he's not exactly obligated to take every joe-shmoe's story piece.

I agree with firerain. I'm sick of seeing this in my unread posts, and it's always the same handful of people repeating the same thing with the same answers given. If his game is bad, don't play it. If he doesn't take your advice, don't waste your time. This whole trying to hammer it into his head no matter how long it takes thing is really stupid. Honestly, don't you people have better things to do? There are plenty of other horrible games out there you can make fun of. This isn't even the worst one I've seen.
In any case, I think that it's a nice idea; It's intended to show a further effect of a storyline element which states that there are time crystals in the towers, and the idea behind a time-loop (like I suggested) would be to emphasize the amount of how disoriented they have become.
So it was actually a gameplay and story element.

But be that as it may, I never forced it on him nor told him his story would suck without it (although it may or may not be better without it). I simply suggested it and then asked if he was going to use it (not caring whether he would or not).
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I agree that we should probably just ignore this but there is one thing you posted that I disagree with.

And while I agree that Jomar really needs to improve his story, he's not exactly obligated to take every joe-shmoe's story piece.

I think you are missing the point, really.  Nobody is saying that he needs to take the ideas.  Everyone is posting suggestions and the big thing that people are getting annoyed with is that people who are actually giving constructive criticism are getting ignored and not even a "thanks" or "no thanks" and when he does give a reply, it sounds ungrateful. 

But yeah, I will just quote myself here so I don't have to re-type it.

I'm all for the "ignore him and let him fade into the darkness of obscurity" approach because seeing each of his posts have pissed me off
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Spoiler for:
This kid needs one of his parents to monitor his activities on the computer because his posts are getting to be ridiculous now.  I'm all for the "ignore him and let him fade into the darkness of obscurity" approach because seeing each of his posts have pissed me off, especially seeing this ungrateful post:

just you wait for the game to be freaking released you don't even know what is happening here...
wait for a while until the version 0.3 released and then you can talk like that...
i taken every post seriously and also secretlyput it into a game if i want to...
and other project are being pending... not yet been working on...

Look, you spoiled little brat.  If you are going to use any other people's ideas, the proper thing to do is to answer them and also THANK them, not ignore them and "secretly" put their ideas to use.  If you don't want everyone to know, you could simply PM them using the forum's private message system.  I also read your post about how "every big is fix" and your english is "fix" but frankly, this is impossible unless you got someone else to do all of your dialog because your English is still terrible.  For regular conversation, this wouldn't be such a big problem but you are making a GAME and it is a game that you are putting out there for everyone to see.  Everyone learns second languages by speaking it and writing it but your English leaves something to be desired so writing it off as "freaking fix" is a failure just like your game will be if you don't start treating people with a little more respect. 

If you were my child, I would have whooped your ass and grounded you from the computer by now with how you treat some of the people who are actually trying to give you constructive criticism like D&P3...

Do you want people to not make fun of your game?  Cancel the piece of shit or don't release it until it is actually good...
Do you want people to not make fun of you?  Deal with it because people are assholes and there is always one troll...
Spoiler for:
You gave him a good idea and I re-wrote it entirely. He ignored both of them.

No hope.

Hmm..
I really wonder what'll happen to this 'Future Helpers' project.  ???
Will it be a success, or will it be the worst game of the year?
...Nobody knows.

Spoiler for:
Most probably it'll be the worst game of the year/lifetime of the RPG Maker series.
Well, making the worst game ever is also some kind of success...
Jomar -

I honestly don't care.

I gave you an idea for your game, it is not a spoiler in any regard. The spoilers you HAVE shown aren't spoilers either.

I just want to know if you are going to use the idea that I gave you, I don't want credit, I don't even care if you use it.
But if you don't, then I've got someone who I actually like that I would like to give that idea to (since they're doing a similar style game to yours (Only with a good bloody story behind it)).
i already got a plot for the next future helper game... i maybe add your idea if possible.
ok! because the seven tower series already had a time travel idea in it... but it will be use only a few part of the plot.
i also re-read the whole seven tower plot and some of my friend cried a little to the story.

edit: oh yeah starting may 1 i will work on another future helper game set in year 3XXX... and it filled with friction war...
but it won't effect on this game.

Oh, i believe you that he cried, i would too, but i think you got the reason why he cried wrong...
[/quote]
Do you want people to show you respect?  Learn to show some respect yourself, boy.
[/quote]

Ok, amen to both these quotes. I believe I have nothing more to say except for, Jomar at least listen to people and stop being so immature.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
everyone shut up and let this die

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
it not my fault why i'm like this, is all of you cause this rage war...

Rep:
Level 82
Soccer yarouze!
Contestant - GIAW 9
So it's our fault that you are stupid like hell?
It's our fault that you ignore our ideas?
It's our fault that you cannot say thanks if someone is willing to help you(which almost everyone did at some point)?
It's our fault that you won't even try to learn english?
It's our fault that you live in a world with a pink sky where you are the king that creates one hell of a game?
It's our fault that you have no mapping-skills?
It's our fault that the story YOU wrote does'nt make much sense?

I could go on and on, but my cat just took a shit, and that is much more interesting than you and your stupid "game"(It hurts to call it a game).

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
So it's our fault that you are stupid like hell?
It's our fault that you ignore our ideas?
It's our fault that you cannot say thanks if someone is willing to help you(which almost everyone did at some point)?
It's our fault that you won't even try to learn english?
It's our fault that you live in a world with a pink sky where you are the king that creates one hell of a game?
It's our fault that you have no mapping-skills?
It's our fault that the story YOU wrote does'nt make much sense?

I could go on and on, but my cat just took a shit, and that is much more interesting than you and your stupid "game"(It hurts to call it a game).
i'm doing best as i can and all of the sudden all of you started flame war about the story-line which i'm trying to fix...

Rep:
Level 82
Soccer yarouze!
Contestant - GIAW 9
If that is the best you can do, stop doing it.
Seriously, there is absolutely no improvement.
And you are so damn impudent towards us.

Polish your story, polish your characters, polish your personality, polish your english and THEN come back.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
rief shut up and stop posting in here jesus

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I'm going to lock this topic for a couple days.

While I would normally characterize most of the posts in this topic as constructive, the non-responsiveness of the recipient tends to drain whatever constructive elements there might be from the posts. Criticism is only constructive if the recipient possesses the requisite maturity to respond positively to it, and I think it is or ought to be clear to everyone that jomarcenter is very young and does not yet possess that maturity. It is incredibly difficult to see why people keep posting here and I am inclined to think that the sustained criticism is not motivated by the purest of intentions.

I am sure that jomarcenter is doing whatever he can to improve his game, so just let jomarcenter make his game in peace; you don't have to like it, you don't have to play it, and I'd prefer that you stop paying attention to it if the primary attribute which attracts you to the project is how bad you perceive it to be. You would not upbraid a child for not colouring within the lines; I ask that you extend the same courtesy to jomarcenter for whatever failures you may perceive in his game.

Please don't take from this post or action any desire to curtail constructive criticism. I appreciate that you all are willing to take time out of your day to try and help other members improve. However, that is not what is happening in this thread, and I ask that you please direct your attention and your charity to members who will benefit from both.

That is why I am temporarily locking this topic until everyone gets it out of their system. If you feel this action is unfair or unwarranted, then you may PM me or any other moderator to talk about it. Once it is unlocked, I expect that only those who have a genuine interest in the game and respect for the maturity level of its creator will continue to post.

@jomarcenter - This moderation is not directed against you and you have done nothing wrong. I am sorry for the lock, but it is only temporary. I will unlock it in a day or two once everything has calmed down and you will be able to continue to post updates in this thread. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. If I forget to unlock it, please PM me.

EDIT::

Alright, I've now unlocked it again.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 06:50:02 PM by modern algebra »

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
announcement:
since i'm joining the 64 digit competition
i can announced the new future helper series game called
Future helper: science & magic: family reunion war
but it won't affect the current production of future helper and the seven tower
and also i already read the rules and found a loop holes so i can released any update and give to beta tester if i want to...
also the beta tester of the seven tower series also a beta tester for the science and magic series...
so updates for both game will be done here also and 64 digit websites...
so to other people here want to join the competition with me just ask me... (you have 20 of may to ask me)

here is some of the possible feature of the fh: science & magic family reunion war...
-new main character (alex temporary removed)
-same locations (except new cities never seen in the seven tower event)
-time line: 3XXX-4XXX
-and also since the family reunion war series of the game i may separate by part...
-very long story
-drama, romance, comedy, love, etc...
-and many more

and also here is some updates for future helper and the seven towers
-the game is now ready to released in a few days.

thank you

Rep:
Level 65
Working on Monster Leader
Contestant - GIAW 9
I'd not rely on loop holes in the rules.
Last time you were disqualified because you thought it wouldn't be found Oo

I'd recommend not using the same maps for these locations (I don't know if you wanted to), because it's many years after the events with alex and locations change, keep some important points, and maybe the "style" of the roads but otherwise i'd change much, because of the amount of years that passed

So there are multiple maincharacters?
I mean it's quite a big range (given the possiblility that it could be 3000-4999)
if it's only one maincharacter traveling through time in that range, I'd not call it "time line". it's not a time line anyway, a time line is something like this:
Spoiler for timeline Image:

What you mean, I think, is the time range

-and also since the family reunion war series of the game i may separate by part...
What do you mean by this?

-very long story
You should not only focus on making a "long" story, but also make sure it's fun, understandable, the surroundings match.
did you think about who could help you with your english/grammar?

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM

I'd recommend not using the same maps for these locations (I don't know if you wanted to), because it's many years after the events with alex and locations change, keep some important points, and maybe the "style" of the roads but otherwise i'd change much, because of the amount of years that passed

So there are multiple maincharacters?
I mean it's quite a big range (given the possiblility that it could be 3000-4999)
if it's only one maincharacter traveling through time in that range, I'd not call it "time line". it's not a time line anyway, a time line is something like this:
Spoiler for timeline Image:

What you mean, I think, is the time range

What do you mean by this?

-very long story
You should not only focus on making a "long" story, but also make sure it's fun, understandable, the surroundings match.
did you think about who could help you with your english/grammar?
question and answer
Q:So there are multiple maincharacters?
A:no at a certain point of time someone found the fountain of youth (which it will reviled in the other future helper games)
Q:You should not only focus on making a "long" story, but also make sure it's fun, understandable, the surroundings match.
yes it will be fun, understandable, and a ton of dramatic cut-scenes...
Q:did you think about who could help you with your english/grammar?
A: well someone already going to help me with that problem...
Q:What do you mean by this?
A:well that family reunion war (a.k.a. science vs magic...) no one will win or lose except when something good had happen...

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9

What's with these?

And you still didn't explain the "parts" stuff.
Will there be different games featuring different Maincharacters?

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM

What's with these?

And you still didn't explain the "parts" stuff.
Will there be different games featuring different Maincharacters?
because of very long story i have to separate the game like book 1, book 2,book 3, etc...(just like legend of heroes, since their story is very long they have to separate by chapter)
and still no one is making a script that can also transfer save data from one game to another...
and the same location part use same city name with huge improvement since year 192(central city is still up since year 192)
but i will use different maps but same name of the cities with new location...

and the loop hole part
they didn't say if we can or cannot show our project to the public....
and do some beta testing and stuff so it safe...

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
Updates
Here is the logo for the new game
Spoiler for may contain bright colors:

Rep:
Level 69
I randomly 'burned' it in gimp. Makes it look like it would be a logo from Fallout or something. lol

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
I must say the colors aren't very nice to look at, and I can only see something Science related, or do you see the bolt/lightning stuff in the background as "magic"?
I'd also recommend stylizing the flask or make it look more like a real one.
this one for example:
Spoiler for flask:
The one in your logo looks strange, give it some round edges or something, that would already help.
And think about a nice place to put the title and vary the colors like Mushu showed. (don't just take his version, try to make it yourself! It's a good excercise!)

Rep:
Level 57
Noun. The act of illuminating.
Contestant - GIAW 9
Stop using paint and get a real program.

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
He actually said in another thread, that he uses Paint.net and has gimp already installed.
since he wasn't able to find a "tutorial" on how to combine images I think someone has to provide him with a "tutorial" for this as well...

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
He actually said in another thread, that he uses Paint.net and has gimp already installed.
since he wasn't able to find a "tutorial" on how to combine images I think someone has to provide him with a "tutorial" for this as well...
since gimp isn't complete like some other program... there is no curve tool or other necessary shape tools...

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
I already told you to search yourself!
It's possible, you see?
Don't be lazy and use GOOGLE

Rep:
Level 82
Soccer yarouze!
Contestant - GIAW 9
but paint is complete?
wow, now my whole body hurts from laughing XD

You can make very good graphics with gimp, if you can, that is. If you can't, DON'T DO IT!
seriusly, search for someone who will make you this logos.
And every image editing program is better than paint.

And please tell us what this logo is about, it doesn't make any sense. Is that really a flask?
what are these strange lines everywhere?

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
but paint is complete?
wow, now my whole body hurts from laughing XD

You can make very good graphics with gimp, if you can, that is. If you can't, DON'T DO IT!
seriusly, search for someone who will make you this logos.
And every image editing program is better than paint.

And please tell us what this logo is about, it doesn't make any sense. Is that really a flask?
what are these strange lines everywhere?
well the logo should be look like combined science & magic (which is why the game called science & magic family reunion war...)
and also i try to combine using both program paint.net and gimp and now the logo is now look like it getting a good effect.
and i check the tutorial and i got facepalm.. because i didn't know it could do that lolz...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 10:18:08 AM by jomarcenter »

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
Try google before you say GIMP doesn't have these features!