RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Gay Youth Group Has Specialty Plate Pulled

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Quote from: IndyStar.com
Opponents of a specialty license plate for a gay youth support group are now trying to void the group’s contract with the Bureau of Motor Vehicles.

Lawmakers had attempted to eliminate the Indiana Youth Group plate while also reining in the proliferation of specialty plates. Republicans had tried Wednesday to revive legislation to do that which earlier had died in the House.

But some lawmakers were reluctant to cram through in the final day of this session legislation that hadn’t passed either the House or Senate. While legislative leaders did not officially declare the effort to pass a bill dead, Senate President Pro Tempore David Long said another “solution” had been found: Voiding the Indiana Youth Group plate.

Long said he believed the Indiana Youth Group had violated its state contract and that it should be cancelled.

“There’s a contract clause apparently which I just saw today which apparently says you cannot remarket those for value and they’re doing that clearly on their internet site,” Long said. “And if they are it says you ‘shall’ terminate the contract.”

Mary Byrne, executive director of the Indiana Youth Group, said the group gave out 11 low-numbered plates as thank-you gifts: Five to new donors, four to existing donors and two to staff members.

Read the whole article Here.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Why are you posting such insignificant news.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Not every news post has to be OMG THIS GUY DIED EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS ABOUT IT!!!!!
I like reading small, interesting articles that I wouldn't have known about otherwise.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I didn't say he shouldn't have posted it. I asked why.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Perhaps it is possible

and I know this is pretty out there, but bear with me man. Shit's gonna get real.

Perhaps it is possible that he too likes "reading small, interesting articles"?

I know man

I know

blows my fuckin' mind

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Arrow why do you

double space

your posts.

I <3 Green Day
Rep:
Level 58
"I'm the finger fucker" -Tre Cool
2013 Best Newbie2012 Most Missed Member2012 Best Writer
I, for one, am I huge supporter for gay rights and shit like this pisses me off...
I'm glad you posted this. I mean what about freedom of speech? What the hell ever happened to that?!
Especially when things like this wouldn't actually hurt anyone... I mean it's stupid to think that something like this would even happen. who cares if the group wants a specialty plate?! Let them!!!!

That is my rant for the day.
Thank you.
It's a good year when you win an award and give a name to a beer. But you have to make up a sex position to complete it. That would be the Bullwinkle.
     -Tre Cool

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
The thing of it is, in my state the caucus is predominantly conservative Republican. That's fine for all the counties except for Lake and Porter, where I live- but the real problem is that these pukebags have openly admitted that these are the decisions THEY feel are the right ones based on THEIR values, failing to take into account the steadily growing number of gays in the south counties.

Also something they openly said which ENRAGES me is that the youth group in question "encourages unsupervised gay sex between minors." There are so many things wrong with that statement I don't even know what to say.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Well, we wouldn't want any gay sex between minors to be unsupervised.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I should think not! We need to keep an eye on everyone.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
As much as this is totally wrong, I don't see the value in becoming angry, nor does it shock me. 

In our society, there are very prejudiced people with more power than they can reasonably wield. They will invariably do despicable things, and they will invariably make decisions based on their worldview.

All we can do is hope that public opinion will shift them out of office, and vote/act to that end.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Of course, you're right. Becoming angry is counter-productive. I just see how life could be better without those predjudiced people in power, and I feel helpless to vote them out. But I do recognise that this kind of thing (changing public opinion, that is) takes time, and may in fact be inevitable. It's already happened in a lot of other countries and even in some states.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
To add to that, if we really want change so bad, what needs to be done is for more people who want that change to try to get into office.  People need to start voting and not saying "oh wah my vote doesn't count." 

I do have a question though...why does there need to be a "gay youth support group?"  Why can't there just be a "youth support group" that supports gay, straight and transgender?

Prejudice begins within yourself.  If you are willing to segregate yourself based on sexuality or race, there will continue to be prejudice.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Very true, but how many straight kids need support for their sexual orientation? I don't think it causes that much strife for them. It isn't so much a matter of categorical separation, that needs to exist for those with similar needs. I think it's a question of exclusion.

I vote at every opportunity I get. I am, however, often discouraged at the way my voice is drowned out by those who espouse exclusion of those different.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Of course, you're right. Becoming angry is counter-productive. I just see how life could be better without those predjudiced people in power, and I feel helpless to vote them out. But I do recognise that this kind of thing (changing public opinion, that is) takes time, and may in fact be inevitable. It's already happened in a lot of other countries and even in some states.

I agree with you 100%, but in a democratic society, the masses win, and all I can do is legitimately have my voice heard, and hope the rest agree.

That being said, the tides seem to be shifting in our favor, so one day maybe we'll see the end of this nonsense.

I do have a question though...why does there need to be a "gay youth support group?"  Why can't there just be a "youth support group" that supports gay, straight and transgender?

Prejudice begins within yourself.  If you are willing to segregate yourself based on sexuality or race, there will continue to be prejudice.

I can't think of any incidents where straight people were mentally or physically abused due to their sexual orientation, nor can I imagine that someone would have to 'come out' as straight, or feel oppressed by society.

That being said, I also have never seen a GBLT oriented community turn away straight people either.  I've been in a few, and there were straight people who were either curious about themselves and asking questions to that extent, were supporting their friends, or just wanted to understand people.

But that's anecdotal evidence at best.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9

I agree with you 100%, but in a democratic society, the masses win, and all I can do is legitimately have my voice heard, and hope the rest agree.

That being said, the tides seem to be shifting in our favor, so one day maybe we'll see the end of this nonsense.

I can't think of any incidents where straight people were mentally or physically abused due to their sexual orientation, nor can I imagine that someone would have to 'come out' as straight, or feel oppressed by society.

That being said, I also have never seen a GBLT oriented community turn away straight people either.  I've been in a few, and there were straight people who were either curious about themselves and asking questions to that extent, were supporting their friends, or just wanted to understand people.

But that's anecdotal evidence at best.

It is still hardly a reason to specifically create a youth group as a gay youth group.  It is still a form of segregation, regardless of how you look at it.  they may be willing to invite straight people into their group but the fact of the matter is WHY does it have to be a group geared toward gay youth?  Why can't it be a group geared toward ALL youth and possibly even throwing in their mission statement for pamphlets or their website "we accept youth of all races or sexuality and promote individuality" or something along those lines to let people know "hey...you don't have to be afraid to come out of the closet here."

...and if someone is joining a gay youth group, I don't think coming out of the closet is an issue frankly because even if they are straight, people's view of that person would be "that dude is gay." 
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

You obviously haven't read enough fanfiction. :V

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I guess I'm just mostly confused and live in a fantasy world because all of my life living in Austin, I was around so many gay people that I just can't understand why people need to separate themselves from the rest of the population...then again, I'm also the same person who doesn't believe in "democrat" or "republican" or any of those government parties...I just see "idiot" and "lesser idiot."

I <3 Green Day
Rep:
Level 58
"I'm the finger fucker" -Tre Cool
2013 Best Newbie2012 Most Missed Member2012 Best Writer
I know I may be late to the party but I would like to say that  I don't think they are trying to separate themselves. I think that by making it geared towards gays they were trying to make that their focal point. Not separation but acknowledging what they stand for. I've heard people say these things before and I think they miss the main point. (I hope that doesn't sound bitchy... I don't mean it to) It is about having people understand what it is that they want and what they stand for. If they were not specifically stating that it would be just be another youth group and they would go unnoticed.

I don't know if I'm making any sense. I get flustered and start to ramble until I think I got my point across sometimes... Sorry about that...
It's a good year when you win an award and give a name to a beer. But you have to make up a sex position to complete it. That would be the Bullwinkle.
     -Tre Cool

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
A homo community sounds like the gayest thing ever. WOULD NOT JOIN.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I was under the impression that you were a homosexual, chewey.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Irrelevant

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I guess I'm just mostly confused and live in a fantasy world because all of my life living in Austin, I was around so many gay people that I just can't understand why people need to separate themselves from the rest of the population...then again, I'm also the same person who doesn't believe in "democrat" or "republican" or any of those government parties...I just see "idiot" and "lesser idiot."

As someone who grew up in a community where homosexuality was very, very heavily frowned upon I would have welcomed a LGBT support group. What you say about segregation doesn't make much sense; you're not supposed to join AA because you have a food addiction. It's specialized towards helping and supporting one type of people who've gone through a certain type of problem in their life.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
I don't think Lethrface is against a LGBT support group. If I am understanding him right, this is what I think he is saying:

By calling it a "Gay Youth Group" they further separate themselves from everyone else. Say you simply call it a youth group, yet stated that your mission is to support the youth LGBT community. Then the support is there, no one can be in the group unless they're willing to accept the other members as they are. But the distinction is that they aren't.. hmm.. I don't' know the right words. They aren't separating themselves from everyone else.  Instead of saying, "Hey, we're different look at us" you're more saying "Hey, we're just like you. We live, we love, we never give up".

At least I think that is what he means. Again, it WOULD be a support group.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
It is still hardly a reason to specifically create a youth group as a gay youth group.  It is still a form of segregation, regardless of how you look at it.  they may be willing to invite straight people into their group but the fact of the matter is WHY does it have to be a group geared toward gay youth?  Why can't it be a group geared toward ALL youth and possibly even throwing in their mission statement for pamphlets or their website "we accept youth of all races or sexuality and promote individuality" or something along those lines to let people know "hey...you don't have to be afraid to come out of the closet here."

Because the point of these groups is to aid gay youths.  They are labeling themselves after their function.  It's like using a Screwdriver instead of a Multitool, it's more specifically designed for a single purpose.

You're basically arguing that it's not acceptable for them to have a specialized purpose because they're segregating.  All segregation means is organizing and separating things based on common factors.  For some outlets, such as support groups, this can be extremely beneficial, as you'll meet and talk with people you KNOW will be like-minded.

Not all segregation is racism.

Think about Alcoholics Anonymous, would you join their group if you weren't an alcoholic?  Is it wrong for them to segregate alcoholics from other types of addicts?

...and if someone is joining a gay youth group, I don't think coming out of the closet is an issue frankly because even if they are straight, people's view of that person would be "that dude is gay." 

This is just silly to say, just because you joined a support group doesn't mean you've come out to anyone you know.