RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Key Input replacement for RPG Maker VXAce

Rep:
Level 72
One day I'll finish a game...
I'm trying to make a small custom HUD for my RPG Maker VX Ace game. Basically, it's a four by one grid with different options listed on it, and you have a cursor that moves over each one. I have separate images for each selected option, and yet I can't seem to make anything that even makes the cursor move when I press the Right button. I tried the Conditional Branch: Press Right Button function and made it increase a variable denoting the position of the cursor, but it didn't work. Please, help!

Rep:
Level 57
Noun. The act of illuminating.
Contestant - GIAW 9
Sounds like misconfiguration somewhere else than in the actual function call to Input. Please post some screens of the events or the script if you use that and I will see through it.

Rep:
Level 72
One day I'll finish a game...

Here we go. I do hope you can find what I did wrong.

Rep:
Level 57
Noun. The act of illuminating.
Contestant - GIAW 9
A few things.

1) All the pictures seem to have 0, 0 as coordinates so that might be an error.

2) Those labels are really confusing. Just make the common event a series of conditional branches and statements that should be executed every frame. That is how real codingz and hackingz work so you should apply that principle when eventing too. If this doesn't make sense, ignore it, try the first and if it still doesn't work, send me the project.