RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] [REQUEST] [TILESETS]

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
I need a tileset which joins Hanzo Kimura's and Lunarea's tiles together.
I really suck at doing this, and when I do it, it just turns out wrong. I also don't really
have the patience for this kind of thing either. It you could, I'd like all of the tilesets done
meaning from A1, A5, B, C, D, And finally, E. If you can't, Doing A1, E and A5 would be sufficient enough.

Here are the links for the tileset ;

Lunarea's Tiles :
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/65-steampunk-tiles/

Hanzo Kimura's tiles :
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=47180
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, there are a lot more tiles in those two threads than could possibly fit in a full A-E tileset. So, it would be kind of pointless for someone else to do it, since their choices of tiles may be entirely different from the tiles you actually want from those threads.

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
2012 Best Artist2012 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)Winner - 2011 Summer Project of the Season
I should mention that my collab tiles won't match the re-colored XP and BenBen's tiles that Hanzo posted. They're two different art styles.

Also, please make sure to credit Celianna for the Steampunk tiles, too. :)
My current project:

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
I should mention that my collab tiles won't match the re-colored XP and BenBen's tiles that Hanzo posted. They're two different art styles.

Also, please make sure to credit Celianna for the Steampunk tiles, too. :)
Yes, it won't match, but it'd be pretty darn kickass. =P
Don't worry, I won't steal, and I'll give full credit, Lunarea. :P
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Trying this tileset out and I have to say this:

If only it was at least based on a grid instead of being all over the place it would be so much easier to match everything up. I had to cut off the tips of some gears and the shadows of two windows to get it to fit in a VXA template I made myself, based on the VX Characterset template

EDIT: In layman's terms, trying to figure out where everything is supposed to go without an underlying grid to
guide you is like trying to decipher a message written simultaneously in French, Pig Latin, Pigeon English and Saurian (Starfox Adventures), in that order. Don't get me wrong- it's a great tileset. it's just impossible to figure out what goes where because there doesn't seem to be an apparent grid...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 04:29:24 AM by Wiimeiser »

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Also, the walls are 96x64 when they're supposed to be 64x64, but when I fix them up it looks ugly...

EDIT:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Do the bridge and train look right to you? (I added the track myself, straight from the RTP Dungeon set)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 12:20:35 PM by Wiimeiser »

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
2012 Best Artist2012 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)Winner - 2011 Summer Project of the Season
If only it was at least based on a grid instead of being all over the place it would be so much easier to match everything up.

They're parallax tiles. They are in a 32x32 pixel grid, which you can see if you turn on the grid in Photoshop or Gimp. They're just not in tileset format and it will take a fair amount of work to make them tileset format. A big part of them won't tile properly as auto-tiles and you may need to do a lot of layering to get everything to look right. It's easier to use them as parallax tiles. :)

That said, I don't mind if someone wants to turn it into a tileset. I just don't, personally, think it's a good idea. You can get so much more out of the set if you don't limit yourself to a tiled format.
My current project:

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
I didn't notice the warning, sorry. But turning some pieces into tiles can be useful (in my case, I'm using tiles to surround the map with and the archway goes on top of those)