RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Super Amazing Cable Combination?

Rep:
Level 84
So, I've got a Gamecube that I'd like to play again. However, I have no TV. I do have an iMac though with a MiniDisplay port. I know the iMac supports input, so I've found a combination of two cables that might work to hook up S-Video to MiniDisplay Port with little trouble.

I've got this cable.

And I've got this cable:

I want to hook them together and use them as input. So...do you think it'll work, or am I wasting time?
I know a few of you have Mac's, so I thought I'd run it by the forums and see if anyone has any advice.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Why don't you just try it?

Rep:
Level 84
I don't want to commit to very much money until I know for sure because I don't have much money to commit with.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Your word choice confused me, I thought you already had all of them. Those two cables can't be more than 20$ max and I don't see any reason why they shouldn't work.

I'd also look into Dolphin if you want to be super cheap.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Your word choice confused me, I thought you already had all of them.
Yeah, this... If you already have the cables, go for it. I don't know what's stopping you.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
S-Video is pretty shitty, but you wouldn't even need it because that cable also has standard A/V adapters as well. I'm not familiar with the Minidisplay connection, but I would say that it looks pretty feasible. If you buy from newegg, you can usually get cables dirt cheap. I bought a DVI to VGA so that I could hook my computer up to my television, and it was about $4. I'd be curious to see how this works out, if you do end up picking those up.

Rep:
Level 84
I don't have the cables, that's why I was asking to see if it works so that I don't waste my money on something that doesn't work.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
It seems like it should work. ;o I can't see any reason why it wouldn't.
:tinysmile: