RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Support] I figured it out (Character sprite generator problem)

Rep: +0/-0Level 58
Lead me into the dark so that I may find the light
So I just finished experimenting and I found a way to get your sprite generated characters from http://www.famitsu.com/freegame/tool/chibi/index1.html into the game.

1. Export one pic with default actors.
2. Open it with paint.
3. Open your image of your generated sprite.
4. Cut the whole image out.
5. Paste it unto the default actor, But It has to be over any other character.
6. Now use it in your game.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Actually, you have no need to replace default actors with these sprites to use them.

What you do is:
> Save them with a $ sign in front of their name.
> Import them into via the resource manager.
> You can now use your custom sprite and the original actors.

Saving it with a $ sign before the name lets RPG Maker know that your sprite is for only one character rather than a set.

Example below, copy below image into your project and you'll be able to see how it works. :)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Actually, you have no need to replace default actors with these sprites to use them.

What you do is:
> Save them with a  sign in front of their name.
> Import them into via the resource manager.
> You can now use your custom sprite and the original actors.

Saving it with a $ sign before the name lets RPG Maker know that your sprite is for only one character rather than a set.

Example below, copy below image into your project and you'll be able to see how it works. :)
Yeah I knew that, But I saw that there's still people having trouble even if they put $ in front of a character set.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
The only other reason people could be having troubles is if their picture file was not a .png file.

Sprite generators save that sprite as .png by default but whenever someone is modifying the sprite in MS Paint or photoshop they usually end up saving it as a jpeg file without realising it, and that is where I suspect most of the problems come from.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

I see, Thanks for the help! You've really helped me out here!