RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Little Sin

Rep:
Level 60
Creativity is all I have.
How I feel annoyed right now. I've not heard from the guy who would script the battle system for quite some time and I really want to get things going. Unfortunately, it's the risk I'm taking because of my rather lacking knowledge on the subject. So, how did I try to make up for it? I took a long run and jumped into the scripting tabled.

The first step I wanted to complete was the menu. While making it look cool wasn't in my range of abilities (I can't make cool art to use), I could make it more functional. The standard menu is based on the fact that you'll have multiple party members. For this reason, you get the status screen when you go to equipment, skills or status in the menu. From there, you can select a party member and watch your desired screen. When I started with this, I knew nothing on the subject. It took me two days of poker and studying the script while trying to make some sense of it all. Fortunately, I managed to do just that. You can see below how the menu looks now. I've removed the status screens when going to equiptment and skills. If the player selects status, you'll see the menu status screen. If space-bar is pressed again, all statistics will be show.

I've managed to make it work without weird staying windows or floating screens. Every window opens and closes itself nicely, something I'm quite proud of. Working through the menu has become easier and simpler. And faster of course.

Spoiler for Menu:

Like I stated before, I'm proud of my accomplishment but not yet satisfied. I'm thinking of placing the gold window in the item screen. It would make much more sense and the menu itself would look much cleaner.

On another note, I take back about what I said concerning Sabena. While the events are done, I'm not satisfied with the depth of them. I have also yet to integrate any real quests. For this reason, I started to work on the map again. I've merged two quests into one, making it a little harder to really finish it. As reward, I've made a nifty spell that could be quite handy for player. Sabena will be a demo map and if you're able to complete it, you can unlock another area to travel too. Even the Demo has secrets! :D

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
A lot of scripters starting out doing something similar to what you just did and then continued to look into other things.
Keep trying and you won't need that other scripter ;8
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
well I take risks for the games I like, and its been a long while since I've responded to this. I was actually reminded of it while looking through the notes of my bible app. I don't know why I have the note in there but itKs there. Anyway, keep up the work and try to find a way to get what you need, just don't stress too much over waiting. I'm probably going to get yelled at for necro posting, but your game is really interesting and I can't wait to play it. And that's why I take stupid risks like this.
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.

Rep:
Level 60
Creativity is all I have.
It has been a while since I last visited this topic, for reasons that every adult male could figure out. It makes me smile that someone has not forgotten about this project after such a long time, and who am I to disappointing?

I have not stopped working on this project, far from it. However, not much physical progress has been made between my last post and this one; so no awesome screenshots. What I have been doing, is figuring out a way to make the PC and NPC's more interesting and easier to configure. The amount of eventing it took for a simple NPC to act certain ways because of the PCs behavior in the past was a real bother for me. Besides that, I wanted to give every character depth and have been working on ways to make this possible.
  I can honestly confirm that I've figured out a very useful system that will give all characters personalities. Yes, real ones that will work with or against the PCs own personality and make every game unique. The theory is finished and I'm currently working on the required art to go with it, before setting it all up.

Once I finished this, there will be a small demo for all to play, showing just how it works and what it does. I have a good feeling that many will enjoy it, as many interesting scenes will be available. The development should progress rather well after it, as it also works with the story and path choosing.

I'm sorry for those who have been waiting, but do not weep! Little Sin will continue untill I damn finish it!

Yours
YellowPepper