RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Self Made Hero

Rep:
Level 82
Well hello again, If you don't remember who I am it's cool. My name is Zodiacs (or Tiny Fighter, whichever you prefer) and after my failure to create a game 1 year ago I'm here to post my 2nd attempt amd the one Idea I really liked that I came up with call Self Made Hero.

Story
Spoiler for:
In the year 2011 on a stormy night, a 14-year old boy rummages through his old games and finds his Kingdom Hearts 2 game. He decides to give it ago and puts the disc on his Playstation 3 and decides to play it for awhile. Just when he hits the "New Game" option, a lightning bolt strikes his roof, instanteniously destroying the roof in his bedroom and shocking both his T.V, his Playstation, and himself. After an hour, he wakes up, in the middle of the Sunlight Town. As the boy goes through town and talking to people, he finds out something terrible: He's been sent to a parallel universe of Kingdom Hearts, where he's the Keyblade Master. Forced to fight a new kind of evil called Shadows as well as a dangerous villain called Xiabel, the boy must decide what's worth saving: Himself, or everyone in the Universe. Who will he choose? All will be answered in Self Made Hero.

Characters

Tyrone
Spoiler for:
A lazy kid who has a bright imagination but is to lazy to use it. He likes to see the bright things in life rather than facing reality and because of that, it causes him to make strange and crazy decisions. His strange-ness and laziness sometimes covers up his high sense of justice and compassion for his friends. His has alot of games and is the one who gets sucked into Kingdom Hearts and and finds out he owns his own Keyblade. Referred to his enemies as the "Keyblade King" He dreams of escaping his boring and normal life, is this his chance to have it?

Elly
Spoiler for:
A 14-year old girl and one of Tyrone's best friends and happy go lucky girl. She's quite the opposite of Tyrone because she is very active and out-going and a fun-loving person. Elly keeps the morale up in the trio and usually has to stop the quarrelling between them. Elly is the first person to find out Tyrone is missing and when she sees the Kingdom Hearts game, she also unfortunately ends up being transported to the same universe as Tyrone, and to make it worse, in enemy territory. She also finds out that she wields two mighty Keyblades. Will she be able to take Zack and Tyrone back home?

Zack
Spoiler for:
A 14-year old boy and also one of Tyrone's best friends and an arrogant boy. Zack is abit of a show it off and incredibly cocky and arrogant. This is his greatest weakness as well as his greatest strength as he is extrmely confident of his athletic abilities and a is a re-assuring battle comrade(Tyrone usually just sees him as a pest). He's the third person to sucked into Kingdom Hearts and gets teleported straight to Sunlight Town. Despite his strong heart, he does not wield a Keyblade but instead uses the gloves that he recieved from his father to fight Shadows. Will Zack ever stop being cocky and arrogant?

Dr Ibstein
Spoiler for:
A very, very old scientist who keeps himself away from the society, he lives in the old mansion far away from Sunlight Town. D Ibstein has been researching the mystery of Keyblades and those who wield them and takes an interest in Tyrone and Elly. He's highly interested in Zack since he seems to think he has the right attributes for a Keyblade like Elly and Tyrone but the fact that he doesn't makes Ibstein highly curious in Zack and tends to help him more than the other 2. He provides the trio with gear and knowledge and other essentials to prepare them for their journey. Ibstein is personally a man of mystery as he does speak quite quickly with Tyrone somehow being able to understand him. He loves studying the mysteries of the univese (Keyblades included) and if he's not studying, then he's taking leisurely walks around his garden. Dr Ibstein has seen many of things in his life but not even he could have predicted the possibilites the trio could achieve......

Bad Guys

Xiabel
Spoiler for:
Xiabel was once a normal Heartless, he followed Ansem's orders like any other other Heartless and done as he was told. He rose in the rankings becoming one of Ansem's most power Heartless though he was never ordered to kill Sora. Now a year with his master gone Xiabel realised a strange rift between the worlds and wanted to take advantage of it but unfortunately he ends up being sucked into a black whole and into Tyrone's universe. He had appeared there as a Human in a dark cloak and shining red eyes. It is unknown as to whether Xiabel is
infact a Heartless or a whole human being but because of him, an unusual amount of darkness is taking over the world and he might be the only who knows how to stop it.

Ellixia
Spoiler for:
A violet hair human with a violent heart, Elixia is unknown as to whether she is good or not, she seems to guide Tyrone but she also guides Xiabel. Elixia is mischievous woman who only appears whenever it is necessary. She says she is aligned with Xiabel but even he can never figure what she is thinking. Elixia has a strong disliking to Elly and never appears when she is around. Although she controls her own world she rarely ever stays in it and no one can ever find her even if they tried. Her motivation is un-known and her actions are un-predictable and one thing is for sure: Elixia must never be trusted

Pride
Spoiler for:
The leader of Seven Deadly Sins. Pride is.....well, full of himself. He believes there are none who can match him in battle, tactics and apparently, looks. He provides Xiabel with plans and tactics on dealing with Tyrone and his friends. Despite his how much he's full of himself, he's a great leader and a noble swordman. The question is: Will he stop Tyrone, Elly and Zack or will his Pride get the best of him?

Lust
Spoiler for:
An 18 year-old girl who's beauty has entranced both Tyrone and Zack. Lust is one of the members of the Seven Deadly Sins, a group order to stop Tyrone and the others and make sure Xiabel's plans are a success. Lust likes to work on her own and doesn't take orders from no one and because of this, her plans sometimes help Xiabel and the group's plans or completely destroy them. She generally doesn't like Elly and never goes anywere near her but the question is:What is her desire? What is her Lust?

Envy
Spoiler for:
The youngest of the 7 Deadly Sins and an incredible annoyance to Tyrone. He admires Tyrone after he saves him and tries everything he can to become like him. He is obedient to Pride but never listens to Xiabel since he wants Tyrone destroyed. He tries to help Tyrone but ultimately makes everything worse for him. Will he become like Tyrone and own a Keyblade or will Envy drive him to insanity?

Greed
Spoiler for:
The oldest of the 7 Deadly Sins and supposedly the greatest threat to Tyrone, Elly and Zack. Greed usually has his face covered due to the robe he wears. It is said not a single member of the 7 Deadly Sins have ever seen his face, not even Pride himself despite being the leader. Greed follows Xiabels orders but he only ever executes them if he sees a way to benefit himself. Because of the mystery that surrounds him, Greed is not trusted by neither Xiabel or Ellixia and the two always seem to keep an eye on him however there is always the question: Will his greed ever be satisfied?

Features
- Classic Kingdom Hearts fighting style most people fell in love with.
- An original story line with twists and plots that could match up to the Square Enix series (hopefully)
- Complete control over Tyrone, Elly and Zack as well as the ability to use support characters such as Tidus and Zelda and even Macbeth.
- Discover Dead Keyblades all around the universe in every nook and cranny waiting to be discovered.
- Vast universe with mini-games, sidequests and the occasional secret bosses.

World
Since not all worlds have been chosen, I've decided to post the names of the ones that actually have been chosen. The list is below:
- Spira (Final Fantasy X)
- Hyrule (Legend of Zelda)
- Mavalia (Original)
- Ancient Scotland and England (Macbeth)
- Violet Square (Original, created by Ellixia)
- Flarence (Original Classic Detective World)

T.E.Z Awakenings
When killing Shadows, you increase a special bar. When the bar has filled up to a certain point, you can(Optionally) use Tyrone, Elly or Zack's unique abilities to fight off harder enemies. T.E.Z (Tyrone.Elly.Zack) Awakenings allow to use each character's special traits to defeat enemies and help fight bosses.

Spoiler for:
Tyrone

T.Awakening
Since Tyrone never fights with his full strength  when his Awakening-Bar reaches 100%, he temporarily unleash his full power to do a powerful skill. These skills can only be learnt from the actual Keyblades themselves and can help you fight even the toughest enemies.

Elly
E-Drives
Elly, although lacking in magical abilities. makes up for it with blinding speed and constant combos. When her Awakening-Bar reaches 100%. She can use the help of her friends to change forms (kind of like Sora's Drives). This makes her fighting style completely different and can be used in multiple situations depending on who helps her change forms.

Zack
Z-Call
Zack is an all-round fighter can have a good amount of Strength or Magic Power. When his X-Bar reaches 100%, Zack can summon powerful assistance. These summons will last a certain time and can help fight off tough enemies. Before these summons disappear, you can choose to make them do a powerful finisher with Zack to possible wipe out all the shadows on the map. The summons you can attain will be nostalgia for some players and even exciting for others (Trust me, you wouldn't believe who's appearing ^^)

Screenshots

I'll keep this part for screenshots I add from time to time. But for now....
Spoiler for:

Yeah umm if the quality is bad blame the type of file I saved it as but for now what do you think? (It's quite literally all I could show)
Spriters (They are one of the most important jobs as they will basically be spriting almsot everything: Characters,Keyblades,Bosses,Worlds, Enemies as well as Support Characters.)

Scripters (Equally as important as spriters as they will probably be supporting the whole game from making sure the HUD and menu work to making sure enemies act and respond as intended.)

Writers(Will help me in developing the storyline as well as adding in new ideas and worlds as well.)

Musicians(Will create the music for most worlds as well as Remix some classic RPG songs to make them more modern.)

Mappers(Will create the maps for the world as I, as much as I tried, clearly cannot. The maps you may have to make may take a very long time to finish so be prepared when applying ^^.)

Artists(Will be the core of the Spriter's as well as the Writer's work as they provide the concept of the main characters, bosses and weapons as well as the Title Screen. These guys will be responsible for how the game looks like so be prepared when applying ^^.)

Now I've already gathered afew and if you want to join and see progress of the game I have a forum to which you can apply to if you don't want to post here: http://selfmadehero.myfreeforum.org/index.php <-- have fun ^^

Hopefully I've gotten you guys interested in the game and if you want to support the game whether as mapper, scripter or just a fan I would appearicate it ^^
If you want to join you can PM me or just post here and:
Thanks in Advance ^^
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 09:27:30 PM by Zodiax »

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
you may want some horizontals to divide sections in this: [hr-] (Without the -)

Maybe Making Section texts bold

and a bit more spoilers, this really just seems like a giant orange list to me... jw but was that intentional?

and i did at least read the story, it seems like an OK idea, but I've only played one kingdom hearts game so good luck!
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.

Rep:
Level 82
Okay hopefully I've tidy'd it up abit so atleast it's not such a huge list.....right?

Yeah as for screenshots I'll try update weekly (Not having a mapper slows things down abit)

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
It is a bit cleaner now your sections are still etchy to define through [hr-] would probably help, and i myself am a mapper if you need some help i could possibly do it, just so long as it's not parallax mapping, i can do parallax mapping but i am almost no good at it.

Example:
[hr-]

New example:

Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.