RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Lore of Lorewyn

Rep: +0/-0Level 82

TRAILER

[youtube]id-vQ8oNKY8[/youtube]

This game features 100% original music (including Victory, Battle, Item, and Inn themes) written by me and my band done in an Indie Rock style.
And an extremely unique and unconventional story (once you get into it).

History of the Project:
Spoiler for:
The Lore of Lorewyn is based on a novel-length book a friend and I wrote back when we were kids (middle school). Unfortunately, I was not a good enough writer back then to realize the full potential, and the one major publisher we submitted it to rejected it.  But I knew what was wrong with it right from the day I sent it: it came off as a novelisation of a videogame rather than a novel.

So . . . I decided to make it into an RPG.

At first I started developing it in ZeldaClassic (a program which allows you to design Zelda 1 style games) but found it far too limiting.

That friend I'd written the book with told me about RPG Maker, but it sounded lame, so I never bothered. A few years later I decided to give it a shot.

So here I am.

Plot
Spoiler for:
With several major plot twists occurring throughout the progression of the 25+ hour story, what at first seems like a cliche good vs. evil quest unfolds into something much more unique. You will have to play the game to discover its surprising ending.

You are your ordinary self from our ordinary world, but one morning you awaken in a tower in a magical pre-Renaissance island kingdom. You discover you are part of an ancient prophecy and must help the recently returned prince conquer the source of evil that has overrun the land.

But all is not as it seems...

On your journey you will discover bit by bit that the quest you were sent on is more complicated and more full of intrigue than you could have imagined.

Want an inkling of the plot twists? Want to ruin the story for yourself? Be warned. Don't click below.
Spoiler for:
Is the Prince really who he thinks he is?

Are they on the right side?

Is there a reason why Baeon seems to remember things from Tyrin's world?

Are they really in a different world after all?

Characters
Spoiler for:
Tyrin: You.  Not some pre-existing character, but actually you, the person reading this now. Tyrin is not your real name of course, but that's what people call you in this new Land of Lorewyn. Of course, you had little if any experience in swordplay in our world, but on waking in Lorewyn you find yourself exceedingly skilled. Mia says that this is because you've been magically blessed with a magical Ability called Swordplay within Lorewyn. As you level up, you will learn "skills" related to Swordplay.

Mia: an Elemantal Mage who was assigned to Tyrin Tower. She's bubbly and nice and fresh from training, so is eager to prove herself and her magic.

Baeon: the prince of Lorewyn. There are several strange facts about him. Firstly, no one knew Lorewyn had a prince. But the king reveals that Baeon's mother had concealed her pregnancy and ran away to birth him in secrecy. Unfortunately, Baeon was found unconscious today, remembering nothing of his past. His Ability is vast Strength. But this is useless to him as he is completely unskilled in weaponry. He's much more interested in spell casting, but lacks proficiency in anything but curative magic.

Sylar: a young man from a noble family. His sister Sylea is thought to have been abducted by Radasol. Sylar was too lazy and disinterested in training in weaponry or magic, so his quest in finding and freeing his sister is proving difficult.

Yasian: an old, forgetful mage who might turn out to be none of those things.

Sylea: a very skilled archer from a noble family with super eyesight as her Ability. She and her brother have more in common than either knew and will enjoy.

Screenshots
Spoiler for:

DOWNLOAD
Spoiler for:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I've heard. But I honestly don't care. I know I came up with the word first, and that's all that matters to me. :P

Besides, who plays Magic anyway? :D

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I will say though that I love your musical motif for the game. I think the boss battle theme is a bit tame though.

Rep:
Level 75
This game looks good haven't played it yet but want to

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Sylar: a young man from a noble family. His sister Sylea is thought to have been abducted by Radasol. Sylar was too lazy and disinterested in training in weaponry or magic, so his quest in finding and freeing his sister is proving difficult.
Does he also eat brains? :V
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylar

This game looks good haven't played it yet but want to
Thanks man! Your avatar/sig rock my socks. Love me some Okami! :D

@ Gordon Ramsey
Thanks! But you don't like the boss battle theme? :( It's probably my favorite of all the songs. Ah well.

Re: Sylar

Does he also eat brains? :V
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylar

You know, I've never seen Heroes. I came up with the name Sylar because I knew someone whose last name was Sylar and it sounded a bit like Sylea. Sylar wasn't in the original story my friend and I wrote, but I added him to play around with the story a bit.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 07:15:30 AM by bastian »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
It's not that I don't enjoy the song for what it is. It's just very mild. It sounds more like travelling music than an intense battle theme. But that's just my opinion.