RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Remove random encounters

Rep:
Level 67
"I am the Lord, thy Super Cow..."
Is there any way to remove the random encounters from a map without duplicating the map sans encounters and transferring the character over? That's an acceptable solution for me if there isn't any way to do it otherwise.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, there's an event command which disables encounters. It is on the first page in the second column and at the very bottom. It's called Change Encounter...

You could just disable it while in that particular map, and then enable it once you go to other maps.

Rep:
Level 82
If you don't mind a bit of extra work (not a great a deal), then this script should do you ok for being able to specify Map IDs that no longer have random encounters at any time during the game. It's non-permanent, meaning you can just as easily put those encounters back. It also lets you add or remove specific Troops from the encounter list if that interests you.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,43326.0.html

Nothing like a bit of shameless self advertising.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)