RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] Looking for Help with Road Trip Scenes - Highway / Repeat BG?

Rep:
Level 67
TheNeonHeart.com
Hi,
I'm pretty much new to RMXP and I'm trying to learn as I go in making my first game. I'm looking to do a few cross-country road trips in my game, so I'm looking for a few tips on how to do the events and cutscenes involved in this. But first I'm looking for sprites that will help me get started.

If anyone has highway bg's, sideview tiles for highway / road / bridge / etc, and also any info on a way to do a kind of cheesy effect like they used to have on old nes racing games, where the road kind of just telescopes and bends so it looks like you're turning even though you're only strafing on the screen, like Rad Racer and what not. I want it to look kind of cheesy but cool, and most of it will be cut scenes with dialogue you cycle through, not strict driving gameplay.

I do know I'm going to need a transition from day to night while the character drives on, probably east and west facing.
Oh, did I mention I have no idea how to 'script' this or whatever?

I'd be grateful if you can share any advice on making this happen, and if you have any sprites or game bg's that would work that'd be awesome.
And if you stare for long enough into the abyss... you just might stare it down.

My Games: ExXception Draft
My Awesome Homepage The Neon Heart.com Host to My Writing / Music / Reviews / and More

Rep:
Level 82
You might want to check here:

http://www.teamanti.com/rmxp/

Zanyzora might have some.