RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] [XP] I Need Sid Meier's pirates' dueling system

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
NOTE: Just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. Somebody please move it.

Hi everyone,

I'm making a hybrid rpg game and I want to replace some of the battles with a rock-paper-scissors action minigame. Those who played Sid meier's pirates know exactly what I'm talking about.

More specifically, I need a script that:

->Loads two animated battler pictures (those dueling),
->Shows the respective animations of three attack and three block modes.
->Gives the necessary time for the player to see the opponent's attack and select the right block button(in real time). I need the ability to adjust the speed of both opponent's animation in both attacking and defending by various factors(like skills and such) so difficulty will vary.
->Pushes both battlers towards either edge of the screen every time an attack is not blocked (so the loser takes a step backwards)
->When either battler reaches his edge of the screen, he loses the battle and an animation of defeat is shown.
->I also need the option to setup the duel to pause in a random moment to show a dialogue option(to add things like insults and random event choices)
->(Optional) I'd also like to see the opponent making feints, appearing initially to attack from one direction and then switching to another.

I don't need the graphics for this, and I won't have much trouble adjusting the minor things in the script with few explainations.

From what little I understand from ruby this wouldn't be much trouble for someone with scripting experience.

The script for this is practically an interactive slideshow machine that randomly selects numbers between 1 and 3 for attack directions.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could look into this. Also, I will return the favour to the community. I may not be a scripter, but I have adapted several scripts to do things my way. If I manage to put together the game engine I have in mind, I'll publish it for everyone's benefit.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:57:49 PM by grecias »
I don't exactly feel welcome here after being branded a "leech" in my own profile.