RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Request: RMXP: Abandoned Church / Cult Compound Tilesets

Rep:
Level 67
TheNeonHeart.com
Request:
I'm currently making an RPG XP game, just recently got the program and am adamant about making a good game, and I know for a good game I'm going to need some custom tiles and sprites. I am looking for some specific tiles at the moment, but also looking for someone who might want to collaborate on this project longer term, because I am really bad at pixel art, just starting out. I'm mainly a writer and am taking on my game as a writing project for the most part, so...  you get the picture. Ha. Anyway, if you want to learn more about my project (I'll get to the specific tiles I need at the moment in a sec) check out my blog for the game @ ExXception Draft It's a tumblr blog and I have no idea what tumblr is good for, cause it makes your blog an unorganized mess, but I digress... I'll probably move it soon.

Right now I'm looking for an abandoned church tileset, which is part of a cult compound... the game is set in the 90's and kind of deals with cults in the Heaven's Gate vein, and this one has a large complex in the outskirts of a town in California, set on the grounds encompassing what used to be a slaughterhouse and also a church. The cult is run by a neo-hippie dude and he kind of watches over everyone in a laid back manner so the whole camp is kind of like kids just hanging around like they're waiting for Nirvana concert, smoking cigarettes, drinking, and hanging out in the abandoned church which they've converted into the 'Worship Theater' where they've changed the altar to a stage. They have concerts (some musicians live in the basement), and audio visual whatever going on.

The slaughterhouse is the 'main hall', which is strangely off limits to newcomers. And there's a 'tent area' where there's outdoor stuff, activities, plants, etc. Maybe some animals wandering around. This location will be used several times in the game.

I put together part of the map, and was going to do an adjacent map for the church, but couldn't find a tileset to suit it. But I did find some images that I thought might be good inspiration.

And since this post has rambled on long enough, here's some screenshots of what I've put together so far, still very rough, probably change half of it... email me if you're interested in the project and we'll talk.

And if you stare for long enough into the abyss... you just might stare it down.

My Games: ExXception Draft
My Awesome Homepage The Neon Heart.com Host to My Writing / Music / Reviews / and More