RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMXP - Trying to make a dancefloor - New to RPGM - Variables?

Rep:
Level 67
TheNeonHeart.com
Hey all. I'm new to the forums and to RPGMaker. Using RMXP, going over to the project forum to post about my project after this.
I'm wondering what the best way to make a dancefloor in a map is, to have the npc's move within that space and appear to dance, and to also be able, if the player walks up to a certain npc or two, they can ask or be asked to dance.

I have learned the basics of events, switches, and some variables stuff, but I do seem to be having trouble getting the npc's to start 'dancing' in the first place. Not sure how the 'move route' stuff works. Kind of strange learning the whole program in bits and pieces through youtube videos.
And if you stare for long enough into the abyss... you just might stare it down.

My Games: ExXception Draft
My Awesome Homepage The Neon Heart.com Host to My Writing / Music / Reviews / and More

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Might i recomend a wonderful tutorial site?
I can atest to this, it taught me everything i know : O

http://www.rmxp.tigerseye.uk.com/tutorial_aevent0.shtml

I went to the part that contains what you need.

Rep:
Level 67
TheNeonHeart.com
Thanks I'll check it out.

Here's the link to my new/first project in case anyone's interested: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,43508.0.html
And if you stare for long enough into the abyss... you just might stare it down.

My Games: ExXception Draft
My Awesome Homepage The Neon Heart.com Host to My Writing / Music / Reviews / and More