RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Question about Password/Safe system

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
Now, I have no idea at all how to do this. I was thinking of pulling a similar stunt as the Nibleheim safe from FFVII, but not exactly sure how I would implement such a system (putting in 4 separate numbers, and making sure they're the right numbers and all within a time limit or something). Same with making a password system, like saying a word or something. I'm sure THAT's easy to do, but I dunno...any help on these would be useful ^^;

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
as far as making one like in FF7, I don't know, as it worked by having a code which would, based on how the buttons were pressed, change the numbers and graphic... However, you could always have them input numbers via the input numbers event command... as for putting a timer on it... You would probably have to run a parallel process that would start at a certain number and count down. If the number was equal to or less than "0" when the character finished inputing the numbers (in a separate event) then it would say that you missed your timing...

So... You would need two events, a variable and a switch.

The first event would be the one you interact with to start the game (or, rather, the timed password). This event would do a few things:

1. flip switch (timer start) on.
2. ask for input number
3. check if input number= password number
4. repeat 2 and 3 "x" number of times where "x" is the number of numbers in the code
5. check value of variable (timer)
6. if = or < 0, give failure message
7. if  > 0 and if password is correct, give success message

The second event:

1. parallel process starts when switch (timer start) is on
2. initialize variable (timer) to "y" where "y" is the length of the timer
3. loop
-3a. decrement timer
-3b. wait 1 sec
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.