RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMVX: Castle Oblivion 3(COMPLETED!)

Rep:
Level 82

History of the Castle Oblivion series:
Spoiler for:
For any of you who doesn't know what Castle Oblivion is, well, CO is an RPG serie originally created by kelarly. The first game was started on may, 2007 and quickly rose up in the RPG Maker VX spotlights and turned out to be a great adventuring game. The game gained popularity fast and soon became a famous RMVX game.

By the upcoming year, a sequel got revealed and is simply known as "Castle Oblivion 2". In CO2, kelarly aimed for another epic adventure that should have lots of new features and twice as better gameplay as the first one! It was improved by it's prequel and had a continuing plot to the previous major character. The game got famous as well and the fans were really happy and couldn't deny that the sequel turned out just as great as they thought.
By the years, the series got more and more fans but later on, no sequel was released. A young man known as "PKPwnr" decided to make a fan made sequel to the series, a game that should be known as "Castle Oblivion 3". In order to keep the series from "disappearing in Oblivion", this man started the game but eventually, the game got deleted and thereby cancelled. It was never showed in public, only heard of.

Later on, other fans started to make fan made sequels and even a remake of the first CO but none of them got fully released. By the years, the series lost it's popularity and slowly faded out in the shadows.. No signs of a new sequel to the series were heard of and kelarly continued to make projects and made instead "Feral Dreams" who still today is my favorite RMVX Game. There were still no sequels to the CO-series afterwards, until today, when me(luiishu535) decided to continue this epic RPG-Saga by starting the new and maybe the last and final sequel to the awesome series,
"Castle Oblivion 3".

The Story:

A scientist known as Evan has his own hobby of exploring places all around the world. A rumor has been told that a treasure is hidden somewhere on a very rare island that is said to be hidden deep within a fog so thick that not even the eye of a deaf captain could see it. As the young scientist prepares to sail out in the sea in hope to find the hidden island, a greater evil awaits them that neither Evan or his companion are aware of. Will this treasure hunt turn out as it was expected, or will a drastic wave change the course of this adventure?

Characters:

Spoiler for:
Evan:

A young scientist at the age of 24, who loves to explore! He's a very nice person who
has a curious heart and always puts everyone else before him! His goal is to find his own path in
life and make sure to live everyday as if it was his last.

Rebecka:

Rebecka is a young girl who appears in the game as a bit of an annoying person. She may be young
and cute, but this babe knows how to fight! She fights for her own survival and nothing more,
at least to start with. Later on, she'll appear as a more "emotional" character who
truly has a kind soul.

Captain Hudson:

Hudson will be Evan's captain and also companion throughout this trip. He's not the
greedy bastard who does it all for the money, well maybe sort of, but this man has
a huge interest in treasures! He loves them! And he truly believes there could be a
great treasure on the island!

Mr. Gaunt:

This man is very mysterious. He lives in the castle on Strombidge Island. There's
little we know about, yet so much to find out.

Gloria

Gloria is Gaunt's beloved daughter and twin sister to Vera. She's a hard
working girl who does everything she can to help her father. Her main goal
is to one day become as successful and great as her father. Gloria can also
be a bit rude at some points, at least if you're not her father or sister.
She keeps her sister, Vera, very close to her and she won't let anyone
treat her with disrespect.

Screenshots:

Spoiler for:

Perryn Village, a little village surrounded by beautiful nature and life.

A hidden room inside an old temple, interesting..

Gyron, a more of a criminal town. Nowadays home for thieves.

It's always good to spend some gold at an item shop before entering the wild.

A hot day and a hot battle!

You didn't think that the castle looked scary? This shows the true image of what the castle really is.

Features:

- A mysterious castle filled with over 9 different worlds to explore!
- Exciting and climactic story with twists!
- Fun gameplay with a good mix of exploration, battles, puzzles, scenes and more!
- Well mapped areas with beautiful, creepy, mysterious and unique atmospheres.
- Minimap system that displays in your upper left corner which you can turn on/off at almost any point!
- Secrets! Hidden arrows, items, skills, bosses, rooms, side quests and all kinds of goodies! Gives the game a good replay value.
- A challenging difficulty. The game requires thinking, rather than repetitive
button mashing.
- Multiple endings! A bad and a good one.

Download:
Full Game: http://rpgmaker.net/games/4242/downloads/5476/
Optional Bosses Patch: http://rpgmaker.net/games/4242/downloads/6407/

Credits:

Spoiler for:
Credits goes to:

-Enterbrain
-Enterbrain
-Mack
-The Legend of Zelda Series OST
-Grandia Series OST
-Kingdom Hearts OST
-Rayman OST
-Various games STs
-boos405
-zachfoss
-gamesmaster35
-kelarly
-PKPwnr
-Grafikal
-Community
-Fans/Supporters

Big thanks to you guys!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 06:46:22 PM by luiishu535 »

Rep:
Level 82
It has been done...
The game, it is finally complete and ready to be played. It feels kind of strange been to be honest, after how long I've
working on it. Nevertheless, it has been done, so... Well, what are you waiting for? Go play it and have fun already!
OFFICIAL TRAILER:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtbqccAEl_w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtbqccAEl_w</a>

Truly, this feels great. It's a dream come true, an accomplished goal! I believe in hard work and dedication, for those are the things
that made this happen! I'm pretty satisfied with the game now after my latest playthrough. It's my very first game as well and I've
learnt a lot from it, both in and outside development. I really hope that those who decide to try out the game will have a good time.

Also, don't forget to let me now what you think about it and of course, if you encounter any bugs or whatnot, just let me know.
Enjoy!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 06:16:19 PM by luiishu535 »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Seems like an interesting project! I wish you the best of luck.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Your signature scared me...

This looks good, I played the other Castle Oblivion games, I never got around to finishing them though. But I'll be keeping an eye on this one (although I already have been on youtube).

Do you plan on releasing a demo?

Rep:
Level 82
@algebra

Thanks, I'll be trying my best to finnish this game.

@hiromu

Haha, you're not the first! Yes, I do plan to make a demo, but I want the public to choose where and what the demo should be covering. I'm just waiting for some feedback and then, I'm going to make a poll about the demo.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:59:18 PM by luiishu535 »

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Winner - 2011 Spring Project of the Season
You make really good use of the default tileset, I love your maps.
The game feels very RPG-esque, with the desert town of thieves (kinda reminds me of Ragnarok).

Looks promising! Good luck with your project.

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

Rep:
Level 84
You won't be folding stars.
Your mapping style's incredibly good despite using limited resources; kind of where I'd like to be at. Definitely makes your game stand out.
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 82
@Sky of order

Thanks! I wanted to use the RTP because it's a bit challenging but it's better then having thousands of others resources.

@Bunny

Thank you! I wanted to try out to reach the limit of the RTP tiles and I'm really satisfied with the results! I will try to finnish this game and make it a really great RPG that will be remembered.

Rep:
Level 82
UPDATE

I have a demo in progress that I am going to post here soon. The demo is meant for trying out the gameplay and for some of the main story.
The demo covers about 1-2 hours of gameplay and has the intro in it but it's skipable for those who doesn't want to get spoiled. In this demo, you will encounter the very first floor of the game! There will be story, battles, adventures and even some puzzles!

Here's a video of the first floor and some screens from the demo as well.
Enjoy!

Video:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBnTAX7d4bA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBnTAX7d4bA</a>

Screenshots:

Just Evan running around in a forest like area in search for a shrine.

A battle! CO3 is using a modern sideview battle-system.

Even regular NPC's have their own stories and problems.

And that's it for now folks! Stay tuned for the demo and other updates,

/luiishu535
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:32:41 PM by luiishu535 »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Your mapping is fantastic. I didn't watch more than 10 seconds of the video though, I don't want the initial awe to be ruined. I'll be waiting for this demo for sure.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:37:45 AM by hiromu656 »

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
RMVX Intermediate
You've made the RTP Look good!
Congratulations!  ;D

Rep:
Level 82
@hiromu656

Thanks! The video sure shows much of the first floor so it contains spoilers.

@hugak

Thankies, I tried my best and I guessed it payed off.

Rep:
Level 82
UPDATE! DEMO HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Watch the trailer!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES979e7WeIQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES979e7WeIQ</a>

Here it is, the demo for CO3! It's been lots of work and now it's finally time for me to release something in VX.

The demo features:
-About 2 hours of Gameplay.
-Preview of the Intro and the first floor in the game.
-Lots of fun story and gameplay.

It's EPIC, don't miss this!

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QZYSDCPM

Please, make sure to tell me what you thought of the demo once you've played and if you encounter any bugs or glitches, report to me so I can fix them as quickly as I can.

Enjoy!

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
It's looking a lot better than the start off. Your skills are growing.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 72
RMRK
Okay, I've gotten all the way to the first shrine or I like to call it forest temple :P and got stuck. I even bought a lantern, but unfortunately, I couldn't use it on those unlit torches.
Let me tell you what I think of it so far!
I'll start off with the most ANNOYING aspect of the game.
THE WAITING! O_O ~ How long it took for me to talk to that one clown took so long due to the waiting. I relalise you do this in order to make sure the player reads what is been said, but I can assure you this waiting gets annoying to a point! Alternatives to these huge wait commands are '\!' or '\.'. Because seriously, the clown was speaking like this:
"Hello. . . . . . . . . . ."  Me: "Hello. . . . . . . . . . ." (I'm wondering if a bug occurred during that long wait or an awkward silence was born. This is not only for the npcs, it's for well... almost every single event.

The battles are just right however, although wouldn't you consider sickle weasel to be a bit took weak? I used it once and it only took around 10 damage on each enemy which really wasn't worth it.

So far the story is shaping up really nicely. Hopefully I'll figure out what to do in the first shrine, although that monster was really unexpected. I would expect it to appear at the end of the shrine, maybe... BUT RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE ENTRANCE with that rude merchant just watching me!?

Good luck. 

Rep:
Level 82
@Anski

Oh you must mean from my previous post. Thanks!

@lustermx

Well, goodluck on the torch puzzle, you may find out how to beat it if you look around and think some more. The waiting was made for making it more realistic, not just everybody talks, because IRL, you wouldn't answer something the microsecond after you've heard it. Maybe I should just cut down some frames.. And the clown is also suppose to be more of a bigger character in the game. That's why he talks more then regular npcs. Sickle Weasel took about 30-40 damage on the enemies in Shrine Fields, it's mostly a spell u can use in the beginning. Goodluck on the game and I can't wait to see if you actually can beat the demo :)

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
That Title screen is beautiful... Not to some feedback.

> You should find a way to remove that Save option from the menu, because you can't even use it and there are crystals. Some grammar could do a bit of work, but a quick review of the text would resolve most common issues. It's been said multiple times already, but your mapping skills are fantastic. I think you should change the name of the game's currency, because a Gold Coin can be sold for 500 gold, yet it takes 350 gold to buy a Spear :P. The map buying feature is really cool, although I like keeping the map a surprise, so I doubt I'll be buying any maps until I've first discovered them by myself :) - The Gold coins are quite useful if I do say so myself, but I'd be cool to have some in places that aren't visible by the player (unless you already are doing this), although that sounds quite sneaky, it was used in Paper Mario Thousand Year Door to find Star Pieces and it was still fun finding them all. Wow, so much Zelda music, you're gonna make me replay Twilight Princess for the fourth time.. You tell the story very well, but the grammar errors do tone down the emotion at times, they should be fixed as soon as possible. The battles are quite difficult, but that's not a bad thing, I trucked through those pesky slimes like a champ and kept on going, the game is paced very well and the story is great. I'm loving it, I couldn't put too much feedback into this sadly, because I have to go somewhere at the moment. When I finish the game, I'll probably come back and finish my feedback, but great job so far, I've stopped at the shrine and will surely be back soon.

Rep:
Level 82
@Hirumo656

Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad you're enjoying my demo! I've fixed alot of grammar and tried my best and it's pretty obvious that English isn't my first language. The battles are supposed to be challenging, especially the bosses. Good luck playing the rest of the demo, I can't wait to see more of your feedback!

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Is this game still going? I mean, it has a Megaupload link... And no recent updates.

Rep:
Level 82
Yeah, it's still in progress, just haven't checked the game topics in a while. I've made a lot of progress since last and I am aiming to make a new topic of the game on rpgmaker.net which I will use as a main topic where I'll host a new updated demo and as well update often!

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Yeah, it's still in progress, just haven't checked the game topics in a while. I've made a lot of progress since last and I am aiming to make a new topic of the game on rpgmaker.net which I will use as a main topic where I'll host a new updated demo and as well update often!
Good, I've essentially migrated to that site.

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
All I can is.....

Whooo Hoooo! I loved the other two games, and was hoping to have a chance with this one some day. Good to hear it's still going.

Rep:
Level 82
NEW VERSION 2.0 DEMO RELEASE!

First off, for you who have downloaded the demo and got the Cave Parallax error, please download this, extract it and then paste it in the gamefile.
Link: Cave Parallax

Since I haven't really announced it here, I thought now was better then never :)

DEMO Release:

This is the new version of the last demo I posted. Some of you might have already played but I knew there were some people who wanted to play but couldn't because the site I submitted the download had been down.

Features:
-About 2 hours of playtime!
-Fixed from bugs and glitches.
-Dungeons, puzzles and tough but balanced battles!
-Minimap system that works 100%
-Added "Erwin's House"! *NEW*

Dowload Link: Download here!

Video:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7zTdXyIClc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7zTdXyIClc</a>

Enjoy and don't forget to leave some feedback if you've given it a shot! If you're stuck or just having trouble with the demo, feel free to check out:
Clareain_Christopher's Let's Try of the demo!

Game Updates:
I have been criticised about the Demo and there will be stuffs I'll fix for the full release. The two main things are game's pauses and bosses. There won't be as much pauses between dialogues and events in the full release but keep in mind that I won't ditch ALL pauses completely. About the bosses, they will get their HP lowered so that they don't get too long or to draggy. They're still going to be hard, just not as long as they are now.

Now that the demo is up and all that I'll try to get some more progress on the actual game as the time flows. My goal is to complete this game before 2013 and I believe that if I work hard, I'll make it up!

I hope you guys will enjoy the demo or maybe you already played it? Feel free to give me tips and let me know what your thoughts were about it. See ya next time then!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 09:41:38 AM by luiishu535 »

Rep:
Level 82
Just wanted to inform you that this game is nowhere close to being it dead, it's actually sort of finnished. I'll give you more info about it soon. I just wanted to tune in here to confirm that I'm not dead or something! ;)
More info will come soon!

Rep:
Level 82
UPDATE: The game is officially complete and available for download here: http://rpgmaker.net/games/4242/downloads/5476/
Enjoy!

I really hope this community is still alive! ???