RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Gio: Eras

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior
Gio: Eras

Story: The year is 7000, second era. The ten planets of Jalar Galaxy have just finished a war that spanned over 5 thousand years, known as the 5k War. The winners were the Imperial Alliance, consisting of 5 planets that were more advanced, civilized, and powerful than the Freedom Alliance, consisting of the other 5 undeveloped and poor planets. The big two - Germanium and Regal - Became the superpowers of the galaxy. The Freedom Alliance planet who initiated the war, Cruzin, has experienced a coupe after the end of the war, with a fascist ruler known as Supreme General Cazzo taking control. All of the old kingdoms of Cruzin have now been taken over by the Cruzian Fascist Army and their commanding generals. In response to this threat, Germanium has sent a small army, led by General Sen, to restore the old Kings and Queens to the throne, and this is where part 1 of our story begins...

Part 2 of Gio: Eras, starts in the year 49, third era. 49 years prior, the ending events of Germanium's invasion of Cruzin led to a drastic event which signified a new era. A lowly Regalian man known as Anthonix discovers his true destiny and sets up the rest of the Gio series. How is he tied with Sen, and what is his destiny?

The official Gio Timeline
Information about the Gio Universe

Main Characters:

General Sen: The main character of part 1, General Sen was just appointed general by the King of Falla. He wishes to be a great general just like his forefathers who helped win the 5k war. He trains under his Captain, who also plays a father-like role to Sen. Sen has a mysterious past and a great destiny ahead of him.

Anthonix: The main character of part 2, Anthonix is a simple peasant living on Regal. Training under the Dragon Code, Anthonix soon embarks on a journey of self-discovery. This journey eventually becomes intertwined with Sen's destiny, and plays a key role in the rest of the Gio Saga.

Supporting Characters:

Basil: A trained spearman, Basil is the most logical of Sen's 3 teammates. His speed can help Sen take out many enemies at a time.

Liam: A strong axeman, Liam is the toughest of the three, but he may be a little too impulsive. No doubt, when Liam swings his axe, he hits hard.

Estella: An elegant hunter, Estella is the most spiritual and fun-loving. She has a variety of spells that can aid Sen on his journey.

Captain: Sen's trainer and father-like figure. Being well-rounded is Captain's strength, but he may be getting too old for the adventures he used to have.

Features to both parts:
-This game features the Blizz-ABS, providing a very Zelda-Like Battle system not seen in many other RPG Maker Games.

-Various weapons such as swords, maces, bows, and boomerangs can be found on your journey.

-There is no world map; instead, the world is divided into sections and regions. This provides for a very expansive and explorable world, filled with animals, enemies, and merchants trying to make a living.

-There are many dungeons containing helpful treasure.

-A port system allows the player to travel between continents for a fee.

-There are many side-quests that can yield great rewards, both for the player and the story.

-Certain monsters, merchants, people, and events will only happen during certain times of the day. Using an inn and saving will advance the time by 6 hours. Make sure to check everywhere during the day AND night!

-You can attack anyone you see on your journey besides other major allies, like teammates. This means you CAN attack independent allies. If you do, they and/or others might gang up on you and attack. However, no NPC, ally, or guard will give exp...Some may give items, but you could just kill monsters for those. You may need to kill people for quests, though.

-Magic is known to the Cruzians as "Magika." It's a more ancient way of learning spells than what the rest of the galaxy uses. You can learn ANY spell in ANY Magika Shop. You might need to be a certain level to use some, though. Magika can also be leveled up through skill points. Skill points can be earned through leveling up, through items, or as a reward for quests. This allows for great customization of your spells, since you don't have to have EVERY spell out there.

-85 Quests divided into different categories. Most quests are NOT part of the story, although the ones that are may not be directly given to you via story events.

-General Quests: These are the side quests that the townsfolk or guards may   give you. These are what they say they are - general.

-Knight Duties: These become available after a certain part of the game and are given to you by the King of Falla Castle.

-Merchant Quests: These are obviously given to you by merchants, and are the main way of getting stronger weapons and armor. You usually have to complete a dungeon to complete the quest. Merchants may either give you the equipment directly or tell you where it can be found.

-Rare Monster Hunting: These quests are started via a bulletin board in Vesura Kingdom, as well as other places. You basically have to find and kill the listed monster. Your reward usually comes from the monster directly. Some monster listings are endorsed by people that you must talk to after killing the monster to receive the reward.

-(Not final) "Downloadable content" which will be given through downloads here along with the main game. I'm planning 3 downloads, each giving new armor, quests, and a new part to the story. If I end up doing this, the quest total would go to 101. I was thinking about just merging this with the main game, but I'll either do it this way or remove it completely.

Part 1 Features:
-To advance the story, castles must be explored and conquered.
-Allies can either follow you, be summoned into battle, or are independent.
-Castles don't have to be completed in a certain order, but some places require certain castles to be completed.
-Explore the planets Cruzin and Germanium.

Part 2 Features:
-Part 2 does not rely on castles to further the story, but some dungeons are story-based.
-Gain help from the gods throughout your journey, replacing the allies from part 1.
-Explore the planets Regal and Germanium.

Screenshots
Spoiler for:

This is the world map of the first planet, Cruzin, as seen through a map item:

These two images are a general idea of what the game will look like:

These images show the general gameplay idea:

-Demos (There are 2 demos: A technical demo and a castle demo)-
The Gio Official Website (Under construction)
The game is also posted on RPGMaker.net

Demo 3 is now up!
Demo 3 Download

Credits
-JK Productions
-Blizzard and Winkio for the Blizz-ABS (Actually, I give 80% of my thanks to them)
-Once I get a final list of the scripts I'm using, I'll put the proper credits here!
-I also did not create any of the custom graphics from scratch, only modified them to fit the game. I'll get a full list of sites when I round them all up.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 06:59:50 PM by RPGManiac »

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
how does the whole many planets thing work out in such a low tech level society. do they have some sort of crazy space faring castles or do they use extremely powerful teleportation magic or what, it just seems a little odd that your backstory offers no explanations in that vein.

RMRK Junior
how does the whole many planets thing work out in such a low tech level society. do they have some sort of crazy space faring castles or do they use extremely powerful teleportation magic or what, it just seems a little odd that your backstory offers no explanations in that vein.

That's been one of the problems since the beginning, but think of it this way(This is the basics of a page I'm going to write called "The Fundamentals of Jalar Galaxy"):

1)Don't compare what we perceive in our universe to this game universe. Think of the planets as 10 continents in one world. The realm of gods and the dark realm are not connected to the planets; in order to reach them, one must travel through dimensions, basically.

Here, use this analogy:
It's like going through a door - the room you are in is not directly connected to whatever is beyond the door. Each planet represents a wooden chair, and there are 2 additional wooden chairs on the other side of the door that represent the other realms. In the first era, there was no door and the chairs in the room were still a large tree. The first hero traveled outside of the room, received a legendary blade, created the door, and divided the tree into 10 chairs. Mortals must bring a piece of each chair to the door in order to get through to the other side. The door itself can be opened by monsters and demons, though, which is something the gods do not want in order to protect the mortals from the demons. The ultimate goal is to find four more heroes who can give power to a legendary blade known as the Gio Blade and turn the door into a permanent wall where nothing can get through.

2)Travel between planets is easy to gods, but mortals use airships. Yes, there is air in Jalar Galaxy space, so the people can breathe in space and travel. In the late third era, more advanced space technology is touched upon.

3)The gods use something known as God Power, which is what helped each individual god craft a landmass in a respective planet. The people of that region then worship that god for helping them allow to live the way they do. The gods then leave behind a crystal containing his/her respective power. Only gods, half-gods, or Coronas can use the crystal's power without corrupting. A Corona is a human blessed with the power to communicate with gods. People in the first era used Magika, which simulated the power of the crystals. Magika eventually evolved into what we know as magic, but some planets like Cruzin still use Magika.

4)I mentioned a half-god in the previous one. Basically if a god mates with a mortal, a half-god is created. All offspring from then on would be considered a half-god. The power, however, only transfers between the same gender. If the god is male, all of the male offspring will be half-gods. Vice versa for females. Because the half-god doesn't have the full potential of a god, they experience something called god puberty. Their powers kick in, but they may sway between the light and the darkness. Most demons are a result of half-gods.

5)Going back to the crystals...the 4 chosen heroes must collect each crystal of each god and bring them to the core of that planet. A small piece of the core is given to the hero, and he then repeats with the other planets. The core contains the spiritual power of the gods, which could be deadly if one were to take too much of the core. The original Gio and Gio 2 deal with the repercussions of this.

6)The economy of each planet is roughly similar. Planets that were a part of the Imperial Alliance are much better than the others, though. The currency is known as Gill. 100 Gill make a Gildor, and 100 Gildors make a Gilltree. Their economy is somewhat of a free market.

7)Ever since the beginning of the first era, each region has followed something known as Democratic Monarchy. There is the royal family that is in charge of relations between kingdoms, and the Duke who attends to the people. The Imperial Alliance changed this when the Germanian royal families started taking direct control over its subjects. Other planets with like-minds followed suit. These were the wealthier, successful planets. The others held on to traditional beliefs and became the Freedom Alliance. Then, the events of the 5k war broke out. It wasn't all battles for that time period, but more like unhealthy relations and a shift between cold war and hot war. The Imperial Alliance eventually won, which crippled the poorer planets. Other beliefs such as Fascism emerged in these poor planets, namely Cruzin. The difference between this and what the Imperial Alliance followed would spoil the game  ;D

As long as you look at my series as different from what you know about the laws of physics, etc. Then you can understand how everything works. As I get more in-depth with this, I'll post it up!

I could even get in-depth with each individual planet and its history, differnt civil wars that broke out, different Kingdoms, gods, etc. but that's for another time.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:13:22 AM by RPGManiac »

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
The story and such had me pumped, but then I looked at the screenshots. Your mapping could use some serious work, and I would recommend against using the default RTP.

Just my two yen's worth.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

RMRK Junior
The story and such had me pumped, but then I looked at the screenshots. Your mapping could use some serious work, and I would recommend against using the default RTP.

Just my two yen's worth.

I'm trying my hardest to improve my mapping, and I haven't posted pictures of my best maps. The screenshots were taken a while ago, and I've added more detail to a few. The one with the flames, for example, is a place I'm not working on fully yet. I'm in the stage of production where I need to get the gameplay to work well before I can make the actual content in the game...and making sure Blizz-ABS is utilized in its fullest potential is a lot of work.

At this point I don't know if I can use anything that isn't RTP since every single RTP tileset will be used in my game. If I can find a replacement for EVERY single one, then I'd be all set. Same goes with charas - I'm using every single one in one way or another because they are already there which makes utilizing Blizz-ABS easier.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 09:19:46 PM by RPGManiac »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
The world map does look pretty nice, but why did you map out a world map that you weren't going to use? You could've just made an image that looked like an actual map. Celianna has an excellent world map maker: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=37494.

RMRK Junior
Back in the early stages of this game, I actually did use the world map to move around. When I got Blizz-ABS, I decided not to use it anymore, but I didn't want all of that work to go to waste - I'm using it as a reference for all of the different regions so they connect together as if they were this world map.

RMRK Junior
Demo 3 is now up! It covers the beginning of the game to the first castle, although you can still play after that. When you reach the end of what I have playable, the game will end.

Please report any bugs to me!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 07:06:11 PM by RPGManiac »