RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Artificial Wall

Rep:
Level 69
I'm trying to create a plateau effect using the same tiles so that it gives more freedom to tiling boundaries and raised platforms by using my tile E custom shadows.
Is there any way to put an event that (when player is pressing direction) it stops them from moving so it creates a boundary.
Normally you can just stuff any invisible same as character object on the other side but I want to be able to walk on both sides of the artificial wall, pretty much like a line of boundary not a tile of boundary.

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
I think the best thing to do in that case is to 'lie' to the player with the use of specially crafted tiles. Take a few tiles and cut them down the center, then fill one side with some plants or rocks with a line running through that center mark. Then the other side will include some other plants or rocks and that will be the 'bottom' side. After that, just set the tile to [ x ] and you're set without any scripting needed. It's a little extra work in the beginning, but it would be easier than lining your walls with lots of events or areas to check against the player moving off of your 'cliff'.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 69
That'd be very tedious for every tile type tho, what I tried is a parallel process event with when player is facing one way its same as char and if they walking any other direction then it self switches to below char.
It works effectively but the only problem is it might lag the game >.<
Right now ill be lazy and save the tedious stuff for later, but after I touch up my game I'll do it that way, a very good idea btw

Rep:
Level 69
*update* :D
I found a non-laggy way to do it.
set first page of event to same as char+event touch
conditional if player facing (all 3 directions except the one that you want to block) then self switch A on
second page its below char+parallel and if play face direction you want to block you switch A off.
Unless the player sets all the events to page2 by running thru them, theres low likelyhood to lag.
The reason I didn't want to put an entire tile to block is because I want to create intricate mazes and stuff :P

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
*update* :D
I found a non-laggy way to do it.
set first page of event to same as char+event touch
conditional if player facing (all 3 directions except the one that you want to block) then self switch A on
second page its below char+parallel and if play face direction you want to block you switch A off.
Unless the player sets all the events to page2 by running thru them, theres low likelyhood to lag.
The reason I didn't want to put an entire tile to block is because I want to create intricate mazes and stuff :P
there is a script that does this but i cant remember its name :(

EDIT: this could work too ^^
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32535
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 07:23:01 PM by Mitsarugi »

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
BUTP (Bring Up This Post)
found it ! ^^
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SJGZRRUB

Rep:
Level 69