RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Stencyl Has Launched

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Many moons ago, an unreleased game-creation application called StencylWorks caused a good deal of excitement in these forums, and even some controversy regarding its secretiveness. A lot of members became a part of the Stencyl community and were even invited to join the official Stencyl team. Throughout the years, Stencyl has undergone numerous overhauls and changes in direction, and even switched from being a Java game-creation toolset to being a Flash game-creation toolset.

Today, on the thirty-first of May, 2011, Stencyl has finally launched.

Stencyl is a free, multi-platform game-creation toolset that aims to allow anyone to create 2D Flash games easily, no coding required. And, iOS support is said to be on the way.

You can download and try out Stencyl today on Stencyl's website.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
About time! Game creation almost at its easiest.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I hear the hoofbeats of a million mario and megaman games.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
You shut your whore mouth. >8C

Rep:
Level 83
I hear the hoofbeats of a million horrible mario and megaman games.
Fixed.
It'll probably be like RPG Maker, and have a few gems.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Irock, do I need to create a new Stencyl account?

It's a shame I was never able to create much with Stencyl; it's such a great tool. Just when I got into it, 2011 rolled around and school and work overwhelmed me. :(

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Oh dear god Irock I couldn't even get through the first two pages of that thread.
Also I might actually check this out
Spoiler for:
For five minutes and then I'll forget about it and let it collect dust on my hard drive

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Irock, do I need to create a new Stencyl account?
Yeah.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I agree.
Also, did anyone care when Enterbrain released IG Maker? I've heard it's shit. This is much better.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Honestly, it's nice to see it released.
It's a great alternative to IG Maker and Game Maker (better in most ways)

I hope it gets good support.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
so I looked up IG Maker and I saw an ad for this:

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/product/material/samurai

I'm surprised I haven't seen this anywhere. Especially considering how often people ask for that sort of thing.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Excellent, Its gonna sit on my hard drive with lots of dust though :(, hate being employed lol.

Around april i might pick it up and try something. Need to learn to draw before that though :(

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Is it possible to just output a plain SWF? If so, you could just play the games directly on Android, since it supports flash. :) Or I guess play them on the site, but it would be more awkward in a mobile browser :o

I still find it humourous that they were so self congratulatory and adamant they were something big, and then: Flash games.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
Is it possible to just output a plain SWF? If so, you could just play the games directly on Android, since it supports flash. :) Or I guess play them on the site, but it would be more awkward in a mobile browser :o
Yes, you can output to SWF.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I hear the hoofbeats of a million mario and megaman games.
I hear the hoofbeats of a million people that want music "just like mario" and "just like megaman."

$_$

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
I think the amount of people who just want to make fangames has decreased drastically over the past few years. Like, why make a fangame when you could make an original game and possibly become an INDIE SUPERSTAR.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91

Like can i output to .swf and not ever send it to stencyl.com, the games section of their site combined with their "EMBED THIS" stuff is concerning, slightly.

Rep:
Level 102

Like can i output to .swf and not ever send it to stencyl.com, the games section of their site combined with their "EMBED THIS" stuff is concerning, slightly.
Yeah, you just go to Publish > Export game as > SWF

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Cool, ive just seen way to many stupid test projects on the website :P

Rep:
Level 102
Hahaha, yeah the starting tutorial tells you to publish your game at the end. That's probably going to be changed.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I think the amount of people who just want to make fangames has decreased drastically over the past few years. Like, why make a fangame when you could make an original game and possibly become an INDIE SUPERSTAR.
And those people still need music!

$_$

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
You whore Arlen.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know