RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy Tactics Style CharSet Request (RMXP)

Rep:
Level 87
Hey basically what I'm looking for is Final Fantasy Tactics (on the ps1) style characters , not rtp style final fantasy tactics characters. I want the people in my game to have a more rounded look to them.

I've had a look around and yeah I can find rips and all different kind of sprites of them but because they view of the game is at an angle, I can't really get any of them to walk sideways or up and down..

Does anyone know where I could get anything like this ?
Thanks
Time is never WASTED when your WASTED all the time

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Rep:
Level 83
I never seen FFTA charset like this ...
You know , the GTBS has an isometric view . It is possible to make a FFTA game that really looks like the original one .

And if you have a look at my "actor cloning" script , you will know how to have more than one mog/human... in your party ;) (but only vor VX)
You can use my scripts freely . but not for commercial use .
:ccbync:
Don't encrypt your game !!!
Want to give me credit ? Easy ,add me in your game :

Rep:
Level 87
Yeah it would be fine if I was making a tactics style game, but I'm not . I just want to use there style of graphics

Final Fantasy 7

Rep:
Level 83
You can use isometric without a tactical based system . there is scripts for this .

You don't have the choice , if you want FFTA characters , you must use isometric view .

Rep:
Level 87
aw ok then . Well maybe that might be a nice change to add a bit of difference to the look of my game ..
Is there much resources like tilesets and that for that kind of view ?
I'll go have a look for those scripts a bit later I'm kind of busy.. But I assume I just search for isometric view script ? or do they have a specific name

Final Fantasy 7

Rep:
Level 83
Well , the isometric part of the GTBS script seems autonomous . the isometric view is not used only for battles . but i don't know if you really can use it separately .
I have worked on this . It is really nice and that's the kind of thing that can makes your game special .
But ... there is not a lot of ressources so you have to make them .

Here what i have already made :
an isometric TileA5.png
Spoiler for:

A template you can use as a calc in paint.net(or other tool) to make your own TileB,C,D,E :
Spoiler for:

A first try to make a house on a TileB,C... (with the template)
Spoiler for:

Testing in-game :

And a characset extracted and recolored from disgaea, if you need one .
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 87
Ok thanks I'll ask you if it's all good if I decide to use your sprites.

So I'll go try use Gubids and see if I can just use it for walking around. If not I guess I'll just have to use rtp style characters even though I don't really want to ..

I found a isometric script but it's just the same angle with eight way movement and i didnt really get the difference.

Final Fantasy 7

Rep:
Level 86
sorry for the necro post, you  probably already figured it out, but for people who are lookin through the forum first, before asking a question, i figured it wouln' hurt to point out, the 8 way movement allows for diagonal (which the default movement doesn't allow) if you want the isometric, try to find a way to disable up,down,left, right, and have those keys/buttons, do the different diagonal movements, just a little script editing, though, I'd have to see the one you're working with and even then, my scripting ability is... negligable, but for the wonderful people who can script, they usually put instructions/descriptions for each of their scripts, so you might be able to find how to modify it for the movement..... welll thats my two cents, :) hope your game is coming along well.

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

OK, so what's the speed of dark?
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Since there's a duck-billed platapus, is there just a plain platapus? If so... what does that look like?