RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Project Ter

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
Lumis Eterne
Project Ter
"In nature there are neither punishments nor rewards; there are only consequences."
Robert G. Ingersoll

The tentative title of my project that is, above all else, plot-driven.

Spoiler for Summary:
In a dramatic attempt to gather intellect on the suddenly suspicious Caelan tribes, Emperor Artur Kendall IV enlists the expertise of the Harbinger Order, an elite group of assassins based in the Isle of Terra. Andras Thales is a spy within that order, struggling to gain the respect of his peers, and immediately jumps on the chance to prove that he's more than a spoiled noble.

The World

Ter is a world rife in religious wars.

From the nomadic drakin folk who occupy the Jagged Mountains to the Angelist empire of eastern Morcant to the warring immortal tribes, it's a place of intolerance and constant strife. Even its own mythology tells of the arrogance of the deities and how they fell from grace because of their vanity. Nothing is sacred, everything permitted, and no one is safe.

Spoiler for The People:

Caelan

The immortal Caelan tribes of the Wasteland, one of the warring clans. Were once united with the Calla, but when the Mortal Scribe came to their land from Siana, they converted and formed the Cult of Yula. Eventually, they would become twisted and ruthless in their beliefs: that everything must die, even them. This would give birth to both the Returning and the Purge. Mortals are held in the highest regard and to kill one is considered sacrilegious, for they are Yula's Blessed.

Calla

The immortal Calla people, one of the three warring clans. Once upon a time they stood united with the Caelan. But when the Mortal Scribe appeared in their Golden Land and tired to convert them, they split. Eventually, the Caelan would become too hostile and they sought out a land of their own – this led to the discovery of their fabled Isle of Terra. In the center of the island stood a huge tree, the Alyterre Tree. It would become the basis of their myths of the First Born.

Drakin

An unusual people, ‘bound to the sky’ by the Serpent. Because of their beliefs they have no homeland and are extremely unwelcome in many a nation. They believe that one day the Serpent will return to them and take them to her ancient homeland, Taran. Long, bony wings protrude from their backs, with moist scaly skin and pointed nails. One of the three warring clans.

More information to come.

Spoiler for Religions:
More information to come.

The Characters

Spoiler for Party Members:
Andras Thales "Spy Master"

A member of the prestigious Thales family, Andras was born on the Isle of Terra, and has never known anything beyond its misty shores. While he grew up his father's heir, he lacked the motivation and conviction needed to excel at his studies, and was denounced as a result. His father, Charon, bought his place in the Harbinger Order. Because of his upbringing, Andras is a master of subtlety and deception, gaining him the reputation as a genius spy. An immortal.

Jareth "Assassin"

Ennis of the Sloan "Herbalist"
"I am tainted by the Pale Death now; my doom is guaranteed."

Abandoned in Kendra, the compassionate chieftain of the Sloan tribe, Endellion, took pity upon her and brought her back to the Wasteland with him. Though she was raised in their Yulian faith, Ennis has always felt disconnected from her tribe, who returned that indifference. She was once scarred so deeply in her childhood that it shook the very foundations of her faith, and since then she has silently doubted her lot in life. She exudes a harsh and unforgiving exterior, but is in actuality very innocent and fragile.   

Aenor "Pickpocket"

Faolan "Warrior"

More to come...

Spoiler for NPCs:
Artur Kendall IV the Kendra Emperor

"Kendra is loyal to none but her own. It baffles the mind why anyone believes us trustworthy. When Anil sought to reinstate Anila rule, they crawled back to us, believing us to be just and good. We, of course, did not restore the professed divines of olden days, did we?"

The 34th Emperor of the Kendra Empire, Artur Kendall is rash. Because his father died well before his time, Artur has yet to outgrow the recklessness of adolescence in the face of such large responsibilities. Lacking the tact and diplomacy his contemporaries possessed, he's made plenty enemies in his short reign: his own court and the Caelan among the most prominent. He has a very distinct sense of right and wrong, with no room for any gray in-between, and that no one is above the law.

Layla the Emperor's cousin

Artur's cousin by his mother Savanna's side, and his closet confidant. The royal family warded her after her unwed mother -- Lyle Shelburn -- abandoned her to elope with a man. Because of the disgrace Lyle brought to the Shelburn, Layla was denied that name, and forced to face life at the Kendran court as a nameless bastard. She is very introverted, but easily flustered and angered. Betrothed to Ivanhoe Orana, the Minister of Defense.

More to come...

The Game
  • *Turn-based battle system
  • *Character skits
  • *Expansive, fully developed world
  • *Hours of sidequests
  • *More to come

Spoiler for The Team:
Slashaar -- Mapping
Talmay -- Plotting

Update 1 (May 4, 2011): Added basic information.
Update 2 (May 5, 2011): First story draft completed and edited. Many cuts.
Update 3 (May 7, 2011): Moved from VX to XP.
Update 4 (May 18, 2011): Slashaar joined the team for mapping!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 11:54:24 PM by Talmay »
"Because of my hereditary lack of energy, I have been hibernating since childhood."

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Sounds interesting. I wish you the best of luck!

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I have questions about the relationship system:
Will the system be one in which you're given specific situations that require decisions to be made that directly affect the relationship? Or maybe can you speak with the character and say different things, or give gifts? Is the system determined by a statistical system that adds negative or positive points to an overall relationship or is it solely based on one-time moments? By that I also ask, will there be second chances to make things right after making them wrong?

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
something about the name ter just seems like it's not a finished name.

then again i think there's a reason i hear it that way.

to quote Strong Bad "Ter? What is that, short for Terbert? Or Terlliam? Or Terthew? {clears screen} "

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I'm thinking it isn't finished, as he has 'Project' before the name... But there is Project Sylpheed, but the 'Project' part makes it sound more scifi.

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
Lumis Eterne
I have questions about the relationship system:
Will the system be one in which you're given specific situations that require decisions to be made that directly affect the relationship? Or maybe can you speak with the character and say different things, or give gifts? Is the system determined by a statistical system that adds negative or positive points to an overall relationship or is it solely based on one-time moments? By that I also ask, will there be second chances to make things right after making them wrong?

And I was thinking more along the Dragon Age approval/disapproval system, but without the convenient meter and depth.

I also just finished editing my first draft and made quite a few cuts. I've decided to scale back the sheer size of the project to something more manageable and personal, at least until I fully understand my limitations.

Thanks for commenting, everyone! It definitely helps to have feedback.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 05:09:44 PM by Talmay »
"Because of my hereditary lack of energy, I have been hibernating since childhood."

Rep:
Level 88
Allow me to create a world for you.
You had me at "everything is permitted" =D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Looking For Casual Work (I work a full time job)~
-Currently Helping Boe

Using RMXP-PK and VXAce. Dabbling in mapping, and event editing. Will voice act if needed, wellness permitting.