RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] The Project Zelda Engine (aka Zelda Starter Kit)! *With Downloads & Pics!*

Rep:
Level 82
I played the Song of Storms and my room flooded!
:D The upcoming Update Patch 3 brings the following changes to the PZE's tilesets: :D

Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!
The official website here: projectzeldaengine.freeforums.net
Download it here: www.rpgrevolution.com
Download it here: www.rmrk.net
Download it here: www.rmxpunlimited.net
Download it here: www.creationasylum.net
Download it here: www.zfgc.com

Rep:
Level 82
:blizj:  The Project Zelda Engine - Update Patch 3 version, has been released!    :blizj:

Update Patch 3:
Re-live moments from the Nintendo 64 game The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time in RPG Maker XP, such as the learning of an ocarina song and explore new demo areas!

Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
RMRK Junior
Wow,  look very good, the best Zelda starter Kit ever !

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Nice. When the next patch comes out I'm SO re-making OoT.

Rep:
Level 82
As our team is going well with the development of Project Zelda Engine and the intergration of it and its scripts in XASABS, in the meantime we are proud to show you some samples of the Clock Town, the town from LoZ: Majora's Mask!
Credits to PZE team for the efforts to create a 2D version of the Clock Town!

NOTE: The clock is real and it rotates through a script.

Nice. When the next patch comes out I'm SO re-making OoT.
I can't give a release date. Who knows, maybe in 1 month or 3? :-)  -SR
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 02:51:08 AM by SilentResident »

Rep: +0/-0Level 62
RMRK Junior
Amazing, IM Waiting Patch 4 wow

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
I assume this thing is still going?

Rep:
Level 82
Of course.

We have done great changes and improvements to the XASABS engine.

We have raised the limit caps for Switches and Variables per game, from 999 and 5000 to as many as we want!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Also, a demo dungeon comes with the Update Patch 4, for anyone to play and enjoy! ;) Here are pictures of it:

The Earth Temple (Dungeon)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Also we have done a great optimization in the Project Zelda Engine's total file size.
More specifically, the upcoming UP4 has much smaller filesize than the previous versions!

Update Patch 3's total file size: 200 MB

Update Patch 4's total file size: 75 MB

To note that UP4 has more features, content and stuff than UP3, but, despite this, it has much smaller filesize, without any sacrifice to the game's quality! :)  The key to this success is the .ogg audio file format and the scripted use of pictures!

And more things. I really lost count of how many changes we have done to PZE since UP3...

The UP4 is awesome.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 02:48:00 AM by SilentResident »

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
When's Patch #4 out?

Rep:
Level 82
When's Patch #4 out?

I think it won't be soon, since there is still lots of things we wanna do with it - our progress is good and with a such capable team, we wanna add as much content as possible to UP4 before we release it! :D

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Brilliant. I can't wait to make my epic sh*t Zelda game.

Rep:
Level 82
I am glad to share some info about the upcoming Update Patch 4's features and improvements.

As you see, a new button is added to the HUD, which shows Link's possible and available interactions with objects or NPCs in the game's world, or possible actions with certain weapons.

Also there are some good comparison pictures between the Old PZE (up to Update Patch 3) and the new Project Zelda Engine of Update Patch 4, and especially improvements over weapons:

The UP4 brings the use of bombs to a brand new level - throw as many bombs against your foes as you want, without facing any limitations to how many bombs you can use at a time! Also the UP4 allows you to pick up the bombs you dropped, to throw them over long distances if you want!

Improvements made to the Hookshot and Longshot as well - now those 2 weapons finally have a chain properly displayed between the hook and the base of the weapon! Also the weapon in UP4 is now much faster and has no longer those performance issues it had in the old Project Zelda Engine!

Is pointless to remind you that in the UP4, the new menus are much more customizable, fully scripted, can have as many items as you want, as many screens as you like, and the cursor is fully animated now!

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Looks fabulous. I'll eagerly await this update.

Rep: +0/-0Level 61
Silly Klok
Hey guys, I'm Klokinator from the RRR forums. With the approaching of Update Patch 4, we on the PZE team have decided to create a forum where everyone will be able to share their games they've made with the PZE. Since this engine is so unique, using a ton of custom graphics made by Silent Resident, coming with maps made to resemble even the first town in LOZ: The Wind Waker, and many other things, including 90% of the old events being transformed into scripts thanks to the hard work of our own Maximusmaxy, this forum has become necessary.

When you join, you'll notice it's brand new. We literally made it and had a little debate about what to use, culminating in the final decision, a professional MyBB forum and our own domain, all given to use by my good friend Norodo. If you want to be a part of what will surely become an exciting community, filled with many advancements and soon, some of the best Zelda fangames ever, be sure and join us at www.zeldaengine.net

Also, for anyone who can prove an exemplary record of forumgoing, we may also be hiring moderators and such once activity picks up.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Joined. It's epic.

Rep:
Level 82
I am glad to announce that the team is done with the game's HUD's configuration!

The last needed step needed to finish the HUD was to move the Weapon Counters to the weapon buttons (A, S, D) which are at upper right corner of screen:

You will now see the ammo of a weapon ONLY when you have the weapon active. Its more practical that way, isn't it? :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone knows that the shields play an important role in the Zelda games, and the Update Patch 4 finally brings you a complete shield system, thanks to the XAS engine.

Here is Link using the Hero's Shield (which is a very small iron shield, usually available early in the game, before you get bigger and stronger shields such as the Hylian. Link uses the shield to protect himself from foes and their attacks. You can use the shield by pressing just the corresponding shield button on the keyboard! :)

Rep:
Level 82
Of course, the weapons in Update Patch 4 will be overhauled, not only to look a little better in the battle, but also, to simulate some more realism.

This means that heavy weapons such as the Megaton Hammer have to be held with 2 hands from now, much like as we have seen in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got some mails by people asking if the Event Database will look different or if it will be here at all, in the upcoming Update Patch 4.

The Event Database in UP4 has been greatly overhauled and cleaned. Now everything is sorted to its own category. This will be much easier for everyone to find the events he is looking for.

Here is a comparison picture of the Event Databases from the previous Patches and the one from the upcoming Update Patch 4:

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
FAB-U-LOUS!!!!
I keep getting more and more upset that it's not out yet with each new piece of info :3

Rep:
Level 82
Someone in the forums requested that we let the weapons that use ammo, (ammo is the ammunition - i.e. how many arrows there are for the Bow, etc), to have their ammo counters visible in the Menus. Max is done and here is the very pleasing result:

I admit, that's a nice idea! :) I like the overall appearance of the Inventory menu with the ammo counters displayed!

We also changed the position of the ammo counters on the HUD's C-arrow buttons so they let room for the weapon type icons to be displayed:

We also revamped the whole appearance of System Windowskin + System Font used in PZE.
Now it is much closer to the 3D Zelda games!
The System Windowskin and System Font is used when the message is not a dialog with a NPC - for example typical system messages such as "You got 100 rupees!" or "You have no magic left. Watch your Magic Meter", and more:
Here is an example picture of a system message that asks us to tell the Bomber kid in East Clock Town, the secret password to the Bomber's hideout:

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:20:16 PM by SilentResident »

Rep:
Level 82
Soz for the wait, here are some samples of our work on the PZE:

The Shop script is now completed. Its awesome and very simple in use, and has so many customization - beyond your imagination - you can even have every item display a unique description message or refer to the Item/Armor/Weapon Database's description on that item, you can set easily the conditions of the item (i.e. needs Arrow Quiver so to be able to purchase Arrows from shops, or Bomb Bag for purchasing bombs, etc). You can format the looking of the messages and much more!
Just navigate with the cursor on the items and select them to purchase them :) :

The HUD from now will be much more neutral and realistic. Simple, more clear, and fits both 2D and 3D-styled games.

Also we are done with the Tunics system - it is awesome with the full meaning of the word ''awesome''. Literally, it is automated and there is nothing from the part of the gamer that needs to be done:

Enjoy!

Rep:
Level 82
Chakanevil kindly took the time to create a video of some of PZE's examples and features! Hope you like it! ^^

Here's what is in store for everyone that is waiting, and like the Team said, it's well worth the waiting time, as the UP4 is much better than UP3 ever dared to be.

Here is the video. Best viewed in 480p (Youtube video):
http://youtu.be/zEwEV-rDEZg

Enjoy!

Rep:
Level 82
Hello everyone! The Project Zelda Engine's UP4 Alpha Version will be uploaded within the next days! As Alpha version, we note that it may have many bugs and glitches we haven't looked at, yet.

We will not accept any bug reports at all, and if someone posts any bug reports, we will just ignore them. This is not a Beta version, so any bug reports are pointless for now.

The only reason we upload the Alpha Version is to finally let the people get a taste of the new engine and its features, so they get used to it until the official release of PZE's Beta and Final versions.

I will post more news soon!
Please check frequently this post, here, at http://www.zeldaengine.net/thread-147.html , as it may get updated with the link for downloading the PZE UP4 Alpha Version. ;)

Have fun!

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Nicee. Excited :3

Rep:
Level 82
The Project Zelda Engine - Update Patch 4 version (aka Build Number 4.0) download link here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bb1lj3g10t2vyal

Note! This is an unfinished demo version, not the official, complete version of PZE UP4 (which is gonna be released sometime during or after the Summer 2012)

Reason of giving you this demo version is because people have been asking to playtest the Update Patch 4's new features so they can plan their games accordingly as the officially-supported (and complete) version of PZE UP4 comes this Summer 2012.

We could really like to hear your opinions and we could warn you that you can use it at your own risk as it may be pretty buggy (its an unfinished version anyways.)

Enjoy and have fun seeing the new features of the very promising Update Patch 4!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 05:02:59 PM by SilentResident »

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
That is extremely impressive and already 100% better than the previous version that was released.  I almost can't even tell that it is based off of the XAS battle system.  I've been following the progress on this for a while and despite some of the features still being stripped in it's Alpha form, it's already pretty much fit for a full game if people are willing to learn how to use all of the stuff on their own.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.