RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Discrimination Against Atheists?

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
In a lot of ways, I'm an atheist. Don't hurt me!
I went to a christian primary (elementary/grade) school for 7 years and a christian high school for 1 year, and I went to church every Sunday for those 8 years. So don't say I know nothing about Christianity, I probably know about it more than most Christians do. After I left that community and started thinking more about the world, I discovered my true outlook on life. I am not a Christian anymore. I've noticed a lot of discriminatory things in the media in the last couple of years. Jews, Muslims, even Catholics, Protestants, and in some ridiculous cases, Buddhists, Hindus and Confucians. But this is something you almost never hear about.

I thought about this when in a heated debate with a schoolmate. He is a "devout" Christian, who in my opinion doesn't know anything about his faith. This is where the hypocritical thoughts I'll be talking about came from. I was talking about the idea that perhaps an alien set our evolution in motion, and he cracked and yelled, "You're a paganistic satanic scum who believes in nothing but the writings of an 19th century crackpot!" I don't even believe in this Satan fellow he was talking about, but still asked him, "If you know so much about Satan, then tell me what color he is." Naturally, he replied, "He's a big red man with two horns, goat hooves and a tail who always carries a pitchfork." I scoffed. Read the bible. Nowhere, and I mean absolutely NOWHERE, in the bible does it say any of these things. Back to the pagan remark...
I told him, "If my beliefs that the universe was set in motion by a collision between elements are any more ridiculous than yours that a large bearded man in the sky created everything in seven days, then I will take note of your insults." He didn't like this. He told the teacher on me. I'm in year 10 and he told a teacher on me for giving an intellectual argument.
Is it okay for Christians and the believers of other religions to mock the atheist? Debate.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
We don't allow your kind around here. RMRK is a community for God.

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
RMRK and AMERICA.
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)
Sounds more like a Bean Bags thing than a debate topic, to be honest.

Also, answer is no, no more than atheists should mock Christians for believing in something they don't.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
People who put old 4chan memes in their RMRK profile should be mocked, though.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I didn't do it, some mod (possibly even YOU!) did it. Grumble grumble... If anyone wants to follow Zylos' suggestion they can move it to Bean Bags if they want. Also, can someone please change me back to Angry or Happy Pacman? I liked being happy. They spelt Vegeta wrong anyway.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
People who put old 4chan memes in their RMRK profile should be mocked, though.
Agreed.

Rep:
Level 73
Prepare for trouble!
Honestly, I know it's really a different experience with religion depending on where you are in the world.  For instance, I hear people in the south will carve your face off with a crucifix until you PRAISE DA LAWD, but anyways.... 

Religion sucks.  It's cool to have beliefs, believe what you want, but organized religion sucks.  I don't know what to call myself...I certainly don't follow any biblical, monotheistic ideals or teachings.  I have beliefs, but they don't center around anything except what I myself have experienced and hypothesized based on those experiences. 

It's funny though, because growing up, I too got heckled by religious people. I even volunteered at a church just to be kind, and after I helped they were like... "YA GAWT TO BE SAVED, GIRL.  LET JESUS SAVE YOU.  GOD LOVES YOU." =A=  But you know....those same people who heckle others have even told me "Christians have it so hard because we can only confide in other christians =[ "  Which I find total bs, since every christian person I've ever known has always bickered at me about their ideals and beliefs, while telling me I'm wrong wrong wrrrrooong, even if I tell them "I respect what you believe in, but I don't share your beliefs."  orz

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
19th century crackpot? Who, Darwin? The guy who established the bedrock of modern biological science? If anyone's cracked, it's that kid. :|

I have no problem with religion. I have a serious problem with people hindering progressive thinking.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Yeah, he meant Darwin, the renowned scientist who shaped the way we think about the history of life. The kid has worse anger management problems than me, and if you've been reading all of my posts... well, he's a pretty angry person. I don't have a problem with religion either, but I do have a problem with people who try and keep us back in the Dark Ages. People who don't allow progress in the world and deny anyone else to feel differently than they do.
Consider this: if those people hadn't done that over a thousand years ago, then the Dark Ages never would've happened and humanity would be at least 400 years more advanced. But hey, that's history for you.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Uh....you might wanna slow your gears on that one. The Dark Ages happened because the vikings sacked Rome and burned pretty much any useful text they could find. Though, if religion didn't have such a stranglehold on the later people, we could have made a lot more progress to date. Several philosophers and scientists back then were afraid to publish things, for fear of being ostracized. Take Copernicus for example. The only reason his work survived was because of Galileo, and then Galileo got excommunicated for his troubles. Who knows how many other brilliant thinkers were stifled by the church at the time.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 08:44:21 AM by Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Who cares? Tell him if that's what he wants to believe then he should just go right on doing it and ignore him. It's almost pathetic how any minority will eventually start bitching how they're being abused.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
You are right, and I was quick to discriminate myself. However...
Wasn't it the goths that took down the Roman empire? And surely if that did CREATE the Dark Ages, surely there were other civilizations to STOP the Dark Ages? And even before then, the Romans, Greeks, Vikings, Egyptians, Byzantines, Ottomans, Chinese, Japanese, even indigenous Australians all set back academia for hundreds and in some cases thousands of years because they had Gods to worship. I'm not saying the advancement in life didn't begin until Darwin happened, but it was and still is slowed to a snail's pace.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
The theory that religion set back technology is grossly overstated.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Religion didn't set back technology. In fact, it may have motivated some notable advancements. Just postulate, for one moment, that religion never existed, and people only thought about science and the nature of the universe rather than the origin and purpose. The Roman empire being destroyed did set back the world, as did the destruction of the Greeks. But if they didn't have religion, they might not have had to fight against others. They could've lived and worked together, helping the world rather than destroying it.

Rep:
Level 73
Prepare for trouble!
Before that, christians actually went around defacing/destroying pagan places or worship :s  I remember reading about that in a myth, religion and ritual class I took in college D:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
But religion also has its place. Religion unified the nomads of prehistory, and it gave needed hope to the people of the Middle Ages after the plague.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I think we can agree that both religion and atheism have served both positive and negative roles in history.

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
haters gon hate
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Clearly that Christian hasn't read the Bible. Satan is never described as a big red man with horns and a pitchfork.  :-\

Though I don't meet many Atheists being discriminated against, I'd like to say I'm sorry you experienced that. Some people are just ludicrous.

I think Djangonator's post summed it up, "haters gonna hate". From experience and seeing it happen to my father (he's also Atheist) I'd have to give you the suggestion of not feeding the "troll" and ignore him. Again, I'm sorry you had to experience that. :(

I'd like to ask something, if that's okay. If not, please ignore the spoiler xD

Spoiler for:

...if God is powerful enough to create people (in religious views) why can't he also be powerful enough and wise enough to have created the universe? Or anything else people use against religion? He is a God after all, it really makes no sense to use those things against an All Powerful Being in the sky who, according to religion, created the very planet your (in a group, not toward anyone in particular xD) feet are on? Whose to say that He didn't make the universe form the way it did? Whose to say He, the Mighty God, didn't create Science or anything else? Like Evolution? Whose to say that didn't come from His Plan? I'm just asking because Gods aren't supposed to have limits, that's to gods, not God. God can do whatever He/She wants...isn't that the point of a God figure? I mean that's what separates Him/Her from normal beings...

I hope that never happens to you again,

Magi~
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
HungryPacman is the best name you've had so far.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Wacca wacca, bitches.

Virgin 4 Lyfe
Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
I was forced to be christian, now i am atheist. doin just fine