RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Warning Creating EVR Custom Renderer

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I keep getting this error when I try to play something in Media Player Classic... and it lies to me. It reads "The Installed End-User Runtime is outdated. Please download and install blah blah Direct X in order for MPC-HC to function properly." But I DID update it, is the thing. Other people on the internet have this problem as well and are always linked to this, which is what I used but it didn't solve the problem. Even though I updated Direct X it still claims I need to update it.

EDIT + Update: So I tried using the updating program again just to see what would happen, when suddenly my External Hard Drive made a noise. Huh. Even though I'm updating Direct X, which is on The Lappy, the external HD made a noise. I don't know if it was related or not, but I stopped the update, safely removed the HD, and tried the update again. This time, it worked. Is it possible that my previous attempt at updating installed on the HD for some reason?

Also, would anybody recommend any different players or codec packs? No matter what source I go to, a different player and codec pack is always the best one. Some say VLC. But others have told me MPC, and VLC's caused some of my anime to lag in the past.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 03:11:49 AM by Animefan »

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Punch your computer in the hard drive, rape its women and leave it to bleed out in a ditch.

That is the price to pay for such treachery and lies.

VLC has never caused problem for me, try cleaning up your computer.

Or something.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon