RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The 2011 Best Game Trailer Contest

Rep:
Level 84
The most professional way to promote a video game is by making an awesome trailer. Trailers show the audience the game play and features. This element is one of the most important aspects. This aspect gets people interested in your games!

In this contest you will make a gamer trailer for your contest. You will have a month to make a game trailer. Use this month to work hard on your projects to be able to provide more game play footage. The quality of your games should be better with a month to work hard on your project.

Rules

1. All games must be original games. They cannot be fan games.
2. All contests can only enter games they made.
3. One game per contestants
4. You can only sign up at http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/

Deadlines

Sign up by January 10, 2011. You can only sign up at RMXP Unlimited. http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/
A new thread will be made on January 11 to post your game trailer. All trailers must be posted by February 1 2011.

How to win

Members at RMXP Unlimited will vote for the best trailers. There will be rounds with matches between two or more contestants. The winner with the most votes in a match will go to the next round. I will give more details about the number of contestants in each match when I have a good number of sign ups.

Prizes

If your project has a team, the prize money will be divided among the team. In order to receive the prize money , you must have a paypal account. I will ask for your email address associated with your paypal account to send your prize money.

1st Place: $100
2nd Place: $50
3rd Place: $25

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Joy, we should do this. I'll finish the theme for the game, and we could put together something awesome.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
If you need video edits I'll do it.

Rep:
Level 84
I'm a bit surprised that no one is interested in winning money. Wow! The RPG Maker Community(all sites) are losing interest.

Rep:
Level 84
I somebody wanted me to edit, I could possibly do it. Possibly only because of time, I know I have the skills.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I'm a bit surprised that no one is interested in winning money. Wow! The RPG Maker Community(all sites) are losing interest.

I would assume it's because it smells like a popularity stunt.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
popularity stunt or not, it is $100. I would totally do it if I ever had a game.

Rep:
Level 84
My game is not near far enough along to actually make a trailer. I'm working on it, but still don't know what to call it. So, I'll offer my services in other ways.

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
Joy, we should do this. I'll finish the theme for the game, and we could put together something awesome.

I could be down for this, had some ideas to try anyways. I'll head over and apply on the site tonight or tomorrow morning. We can split der prize money.

Also..hop in IRC to chat on ideas.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 11:06:49 PM by joy »

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
If I had a game, I would enter. But I have no hope in hell of winning even third place. So good luck to the guys that enter.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That Mad Klown guy had a contest for $100. I signed up, did it, and it never got updated again.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Yeah, the last time someone did something like this, nothing ever happened despite people having turned in stuff. So, I'll keep a mite of skepticism for things like this.

Rep:
Level 84
The trailer thread for trailers is up! Enter your trailers!

http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/topic/6257-the-2011-best-game-trailer-contest-trailer-thread/page__pid__54124

I would assume it's because it smells like a popularity stunt.

This is not a stunt. This is a real contest. Keep your lies out of my topic and contest!

Rep:
Level 83
Love SOSA
lol I got second place. $50 for me. Lucky you guys didn't enter because it would've been more competition.