RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Generic RPG Maker XP Mapper Needed

Rep:
Level 85
Generic RPG Maker XP Mapper Needed

I am looking for: Someone who enjoys making RTP maps in RPG Maker XP - no exceptional skill required.

Project Bio

Generic RPG Maker XP Game
This is a comical, parody game that pokes fun at every RPG stereotype imaginable using only the default RTP resources. The story is generic, the protagonist is a douche, the NPC's are idiots, and the plot devices are horribly abused. For more information, visit the project's mini-site here or its RMRK project thread here.

Team Bio

There are only two team members - more or less - on the project right now. As the author, I can handle the story, eventing, dialogue, animations, database, graphics, audio... everything but the mapping, that's all I'm looking for or plan on looking for. I have a partner who acts as a tester/guinea pig for new versions of the game as I complete them, but he doesn't work in the editor so he's not officially a part of the game-making team.

What I am looking for

I'll be blunt: I dislike mapping. I've found it progressively more tedious and uninteresting as development progresses. Which, by itself, isn't an excuse... however, mapping is just one of those things that I can't excel at if I'm not in the right mood. And, unfortunately, this has hampered the game's progress too many times and for too long now. I consider myself an above-average mapper, but unfortunately, when I don't feel like mapping, the maps reflect this - they end up mediocre and I end up dissatisfied with them. I can force myself through the database, animations, and everything else in the game; mapping is my only problem area. Hence, why I'm here.

I need someone who genuinely enjoys making maps with the RTP in RPG Maker XP - I don't need someone who's extremely skilled at the art. In fact, I don't want the maps to be vividly detailed. It's a mock game, so the maps should be generic without looking like eyesores. There has to be a balance, meaning the position may not be ideal for all mappers. The game also runs on fadeless transfers, so the first 10 tiles of each map are limited in that they can't contain any tiles that aren't present on the adjacent map. Thus, the mapper has to be able to work with limitations. I had originally intended to keep the RTP tilesets intact and unedited in order to retain that isolated area feeling present in so many generic RPG's, but I'm willing to negotiate this with the mapper if he/she thinks this is unreasonable.

Compensation

This is expected to be a noncommercial project - however, there is a slim possibility that it will become a commercial one, if well-enough received. If it does come to pass, you'll be compensated with a fixed rate of 10% of the game's income. Whether it does or doesn't, you'll also be acknowledged in the game credits and, if you so choose, given a cameo appearance in the game (and potentially a sequel). There are an obscene amount of playable party members, and an even higher number of just plain obscene NPC's, so I'm more than willing to hand out an homage or two.

Contact Information
There are three ways to get ahold of me:
1. Assuming it hasn't been inactive for months, you can reply in this thread, and I should check up on it soon.
2. Contact me directly via MSN Messenger at xelrogtapocalypse@gmail.com. If I'm awake, I'm generally online, so it's the fastest way to reach me.
3. Send me an email, also at xelrogtapocalypse@gmail.com. It's not as quick as MSN, but I check it a few times a day, so I should get back to you soon.

Media
Here are a few screenshots from the mini-site mentioned above. If you want more screens, information, or the playable v0.3 demo, visit the site.

Spoiler for Screenshots:

Rep:
Level 85
Humpy bumpty.

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
Uh, I don't know what to say, but, I've made a few things, mapping wise, in RMXP, and you judge me by these pics:

Spoiler for:

This is from Eybel:

Watcha think?
The white line on the right in the first pic is because I didn't save the pic right :D

Rep:
Level 85
I like them. If you want to give me your email address (assuming you don't use MSN), I'll send you an up-to-date copy of the game. You can decide whether or not you're interested based on that - if you are, I'll compile a list of areas yet to be mapped.