RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
If zombies roamed the Earth

Virgin 4 Lyfe
Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
A kick in the balls would do?

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
They have a chopper.

GET TO DE CHOPPA!

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
That never works for anyone. There were several more movies after that.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 73
Flipping sausage with game and watch is a pastime!
What no one has yet to take into consideration is the possibility that animals could be able to be infected too. from ants and flies to eagles, hawks, dogs, cats, etc. you would need to find some sort of maybe hazmat suit or something, and dont venture off into the woods! like someone before me said, stay up in a high building and be sure to conserve water and food.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Doubt it. Human and animal physiology is different. What affects us may not affect animals or insects. It's like how you can't give your dog a cold. It may affect a few, but if it did, they would most likely be mammals. Insects probably wouldn't be affected.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Hey, EarthBound had zombie dogs. I say, why not?

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 73
hmmm, okay, i see your point, but there are still quite alot of mammals :/

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
In that shitty Resident Evil movie...didn't they have zombie crows or something?

(oh wait, they were all shitty)

my bad.

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Crows are already zombies. Aren't they carrion birds?

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

Rep:
Level 83
Carrion bird != zombie

Edit:
Or, non-programmer, carrion bird doesn't equal zombie

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
if(crow.equals("carrion bird"){
     crow = ("zombie");
} else {
     crow = false;
}

Or, non-programmer, if crows aren't zombies, they are not crows.

Yes, I used a string and a boolean as one variable JAVA FAIL!

EDIT: I should say, if crows are carrion birds, they are zombies. If they are not carrion birds, they are not crows.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 11:20:21 PM by Strak »

Rep:
Level 83
Yes, I used a string and a boolean as one variable JAVA FAIL!
Java is a fail

EDIT: I should say, if crows are carrion birds, they are zombies. If they are not carrion birds, they are not crows.
I am pretty sure the definition of a zombie (in the case of non-voodoo definition) is an undead, brain/flesh eating creature.

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Carrion bird.

And zombies CAN be infectious, not undead. We must specify this for this thread, seriously it's getting a little confusing.

Carrion birds CAN carry disease, so therefore infectious, flesh eating creature.

Rep:
Level 83
'Can' would be the key word there.
Zombie fiction, using infection, always has the infection and is infectious.

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.

EXECUTED WEEBLING?
Rep:
Level 81
Im still here.. hahahahahaha
Keeping on the move is the best idea for me, but its very dangerous.. Me and my friend talk about this all the time because we have a fear of it lol
Hey if you need anything just ask.

Rep:
Level 73
@grafikal........you couldnt be closer to the truth.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
I would go and rob a gun store, armor a giant car, get a flamethrower, tons of fuel, lots of food, build a survival team and them find a place out where population barely touches, or at least in a lesser amount. I'd also set up a radio transmission for anyone else, but direct them to another location close by but not too close by (so they don't bring zombies to the good place).

Sooner or later, ammo will run out so everyone will be forced to make spears, swords or some other form of weaponry. And then from there, build a new population.

@grafikal:
Yes, they had zombie crows. The same way the game had the zombie dogs, crows, spiders, snakes, alligators and giant moths. :P
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 12:52:40 AM by MagitekElite »
Winter is Coming

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
How exactly would you go about doing all of this?

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
I would herd up the survivors and start a resistance group
our group will be hiding in an abandoned warehouse where we store
food, weapons etc. Take some machine guns and...
 :gib:  :bender:       :zombie:

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
A lot of this is acting under the assumption that zombies would be slow-moving and brainless corpses walking the earth. That isn't necessarily the most likely possibility. How do you know that the uprising hasn't already begun and that the heads of the media are zombies? Ordinary human beings, just with a mild case of ZOMBIEISM! What's more entertaining anyway, a mindless being slowly trudging down the street drooling and slowly yelling "Brains....." or a person walking down the street and sees a scientist, proceeding to yell "Brains!" and eat him? In other news, I had my first philosophy class today...
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
I figured zombies would be mindless creatures, but they aren't slow. I figured they could probably run. And climb. And do things that make us feel pain but they don't feel.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
I like how most of us are under the assumption that we are the only ones who will immediately try to procure a firearm and a safe place to hide... The  fact of the matter is, everyone will be doing that, and many will likely do so before you.

However, I have a few zombie plans.

Zombie plan 1 and 2

I would travel to a city in my area and look in the following three places:

1. Walmart: I would not be looking for food, rather, I would be looking for whatever is left. it doesn't matter what it is at this point.

2. The Mall (plan 1): it would be one of the two possible locations for me to lay low at, along with my "squadron". It has places where we can sleep, easily barricaded facilities, and few people would think to loot the food court if a zombie apocalypse took place (or so my friends and I have surmised). If it has a lot of people in it, I will refuse it in favor of:

3. Cabela's: this place would be a great one to stave off the hordes of zombies. Not so much because of the guns and whatnot, but because of the setup. The cabela's that I would go to has two floors and a large mountain in the center. During the day, the second floor would allow me to have manueverability as well as the fact that there is only one entrance to said place. Should it be blocked off, the second floor is completely zombieproof and I would reach the second floor by climbing on the outside of the escalator. During the night, I would sleep on top of the mountain, which has a rather nice-sized plateau high above zombie range.

Cabela's is also a great place to be because it is a hunting/camping supply store. It will have several items that would be useful for staying in one place or traveling, should something go wrong.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
@Welfare-Daddy Pacman:
I think zombies would have some smarts and would definitely be fast, especially if they ate more and more xD

@Sashikinaroji:
But a lot of them might not have the proper resources around them to make a decent hold off house or car, or if they did, might run out soon. Though I don't think there won't be many people doing this, its also a good idea to keep a radio transmission open for people seeking help who have run out of resources or can't do it. :)
Winter is Coming

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
I'd sit on a porch with a shotgun and wait to die.