RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sword of Asgardia - Recruitment

Rep:
Level 76
...Your story, begins now
I'm looking to recruit people for my new project, Sword of Asgardia. This is (hopefully) going to be my first and successful RPG Maker game. That being said, here's the storyline & the main characters with a rough description of them thus far:

Storyline:
Spoiler for:
Long ago, when the world was first created by the Gods, there was no war, no death, no agony. All that existed and all that was known to the people was happiness. The Gods provided their people with all they needed, be it food, water, shelter, or medicine. However, a group of people grew dissatisfied with the lack of power that humans had in comparison to the Gods. These groups of people, known simply as Sinister Magicians as time drew on, began to experiment with bending the will of the many elements around them. At first, this discovery of magic was good. People used it to assist in normal tasks such as building, healing the sick, and even for simple things such as lighting fires. Not all was meant to be so peaceful, however....

Seven hundred years later, the leader of the Sinister Magicians, High Magister Alvin De'Lasar II, became more and more corrupt as he found more and more uses for magic. The peace that the world had known for a long time was coming to a swift end. High Magister De'Lasar had discovered a new type of magic: Eclipse Magic. Unlike normal magic, Eclipse Magic had but one use to it: To destroy. With the discovery of Eclipse Magic, the Sinister Magicians began their violent takeover of all the worlds populants. One by one, cities, kingdoms, and even small villages fell to the immense power of Eclipse Magic.

Seeing the destruction caused by the Eclipse Magic, the Gods knew they had to act quick, or else the world would soon be reduced to ashes. They chose an ordinary person from one of the small villages left untouched by the chaos, and forged for him the sword known as the Sword of Asgardia. This finely crafted and beauteous sword was able to deflect magic and absorb it's powers for use against the Sinister Magicians. With the aid of the Sword of Asgardia, this hero went on to fight and slay High Magister Alvin De'Lasar II, effectively ending the turmoil and reestablishing the peace the lands knew once before. The Sword of Asgardia was buried deep in the Ruins of De'Lasar, never to be used to again. After defeating De'Lasar, the hero established the Order of Light, in hopes that the Order would be able to rule the world peacefully and keep the Sinister Magicians from wreaking havoc again.

Now, five-hundred years later, the Sinister Magicians are on the move again, hoping for the same world domination. The Sinister Magicians new leader, High Magister Nu'av, has successfully assassinated the Emperor of the Order of Light, Caylen Halwen, sending the world into instant turmoil as chaos breaks out again. It is up to a new young hero to reclaim the sword, and stop the Sinister Magicians as was once done before.

Characters:
Spoiler for:
Felix Darenwal: Felix is a young man, about the age of eighteen who had just enlisted in the Order of Light's army. While he is at the Fortress of the Order being initiated into the army, the Sinister Magicians invade and assassinate Caylen Halwen, the Emperor. When they set their sights on the young Alana Halwen, Felix rushes to her aid and fends off the Sinister Magicians. Felix and Alana set out to find the Sword of Asgardia, empower it, and then defeat High Magister Nu'av and the Sinister Magicians.

Alana Halwen: Alana is about eighteen years old, and is the daughter of the assassinated Emperor of the Order Caylen Halwen. She is a powerful magician, trained in the ways of Eclipse Magic, but only uses them for the betterment of her allies and her people. With her father now assassinated, and her mother no where to be found, Alana joins Felix and sets out on a quest of vengeance to take down the Sinister Magicians and High Magister Nu'av.

I'm hoping to either do this in RPG Maker VX or XP, but either way, I'm going to need some help since I'm not terribly good at either. Here is what I'm looking for so far for a team:

Mappers: (0/2)
It's been a while since I've mapped, so I'm pretty rusty. I'm leaning towards using RPG Maker XP, but I have never been very good at how the mapping system works. I'll require a couple of people to help me shake off the rust and as well as construct some of the maps.

Eventers: (0/2)
Another thing I've never been terribly good at: Eventing. I have a pretty good grasp of how to do it now, but it'd help if I had people to bounce questions off of and get pointed in the right direction. Note: As an eventer, you may not necessarily be making actual events, you may just be a reference for me if I need help.

Graphics: (0/1)
Anyone who has particular talent in graphics that could create promotional banners, title screens, etc. would be of great use to the project.

Spriter: (0/2)
Spriters who can create custom monster, character, and such for sprites are needed.

Composer/Music Artist: (0/3)
Custom music is going to be a key point of my project. I don't want to use the default music, and I want the project to have a unique staple, and it might as well be music.

If anyone would like to join the team and be in one of these positions should PM me or contact me via any listed instant messenger I have in my profile. Examples of past work for the position you want to do would be greatly appreciated too when you talk to me about joining.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 10:02:52 PM by Auron »

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Ill do some eventing or give you some eventing advice If I can

Rep:
Level 76
Update: My final decision as far as which particular engine I'll be using is RPG Maker XP. So if anyone is handy with RPG Maker XP in the area of mapping, don't hesitate to let me know.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 12:59:01 AM by Auron »

Rep:
Level 76
Bump: Still actively searching for a team! Please let me know if you can help.

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
I readed your project, and it looks interesting.
I may help as composer, here's my page: http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/3113627
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 06:13:16 PM by Mira »