RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPG Maker 2009 Ultimate

Rep:
Level 85
Introduction

Patches of the RPG Maker 2000/2003 editor have always been the greatest problem, because they all changed the resource section in the executable. So there were two ways of distrubuting such a modification: Either the users had to change their RPG2000/3.exe by themselves using the famous “Resource Hacker” or replace it by a new one, which was often a big problem because modifications made in the past, and even localizations were overridden.

The aim of my project is to make things easier. RPG Maker 2009 Ultimate neither changes the executable file nor replaces it. It’s compatible with all versions and this way very flexible. When started, it will load any RPG Maker 200x editor and inject itself into it. From the inside, it is able to modify the RPG Maker then.

Already implemented features
    * Interface modification: new, compact toolbar, seperated (”floating”) map tree and chip selector, project’s name in title bar
    * User-defined interface modification or localization through INI files (UIMod). This replaces the old way, where you had to use Resource Hacker.
    * Support for multiple instances (up to 100) without conflicts
    * Opening project by entering the path
    * Replacement of fonts (this way eliminating the bug where RM2k3 would display a yen sign instead of a backslash)
    * “User tools” menu where you can put tools you want to call quickly
    * Support for resources in subfolders
    * File info for resources (image size, title/copyright information for MIDIs and MP3s, …)
    * “Undo” button for many event commands
    * New charset animation type “No steps when moving”
    * New hotkeys, F11 can now be used in every window to open the music selector, F9 also works in the database
    * Event command highlighting
    * Size of event listboxes can be increased
    * “Secret”, password-protected events
    * Support for lower layer tiles in upper layer (with one important restriction, read ultimate.txt for details)
    * Go to a map by entering its ID or a part of its name
    * Support for comments up to 128 lines
    * No size check at importing images
    * Support for 125 (5×25) sprites instead of 25 (5×5) in one animation file
    * Useful tips and tricks
    * Language files included: German, French, Spanish and Polish
    * Language file editor
...and more

Planned features
    * Integration of CGSS
    * Minimap of current map for better overview
    * Better sound player with music download feature
    * Debugger
    * Event template feature (with parameters) for often used types of events (e.g. “chest”, “teleport”, …)
...and more

Screenshots
Spoiler for "Loader":
Spoiler for "Main window with floating tool panel":
Spoiler for "Go to Map window":
Spoiler for "Secret event password change dialog":
Spoiler for "Secret event password enter dialog":
Spoiler for "Database menu":
Spoiler for "Tools menu with user-defined tools":
Spoiler for "Tips & Tricks window":
Spoiler for "Database with vertical tabs and event command highlighting":
Spoiler for "Maximized event listbox":
Spoiler for "Resource manager with file info":
Spoiler for "Move/rename function":
Spoiler for "Subfolder combobox":
Spoiler for "Listing of files in all subfolders":
Spoiler for "Big comment":
Spoiler for "New event animation style":
Spoiler for "Language file editor":
Spoiler for "Use of an animation file with 125 sprites":
Spoiler for "About window":

Download of version 0.15 Alpha
http://cherrytree.at/download/?did=1
Changelog: http://cherrytree.at/ultimate-changelog

Please read the text files carefully before testing, especially ultimate.txt and faq.txt!

Best regards,
Cherry
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 08:22:33 AM by Cherry »
Cherry = CherryDT | www.cherrytree.at

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Wow, this sounds amazing. Great for everyone who uses 2000 or 2003. Great work and I can't wait to see the finished product.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I'm stickying this. This is something more people should know about.

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
I like the name of your project :P

This looks fantastic, Cherry, I'm definitely going to give it a shot this break (It's been a while since I've touched 2k3, so it'd be refreshing to see all these little conveniences when I get back to work).

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
This is awesome for old school RPG Makers. Nice, cherry.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I've never actually used 2k or 2k3, but if this is ever completed I would check this out definitely.

Rep:
Level 85
Ehm, I think this topic has been moved to the wrong section. RPG Maker 2009 Ultimate is not a different game making system, it's just an extension to RM2k and RM2k3.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well it seems like you've done enough to it to make it a new program and Game Creation General Chat wasn't quite the right place for it, but maybe Resources would be a good place for it?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:13:24 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 85
Well, you open your existing RM2k(3) projects in it and can later open them again in normal RM2k(3) without problems, so calling it a new RPG Maker would be more confusing than helpful.

Thank you for moving.