RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Weird Dreams

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
What's the wierdest dream you ever had? Mine was i was in SSBB.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
I went to school, everyone was speaking in Weld Noises(from my gmod days).

An average lesson went,

WELD...WELD WELD WELD...WELD! WELD?

it hurt somewhat

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
It was just me sleeping, so ultimately a pointless dream.

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
Refrigerated Salmon
Uh...well lets see, which one was the weirdest...
All I can remember was that there was an underwater hotel that I was staying at, and I looked out the window while we were breaching...and I saw the biggest monster ever. It was big, and red, and looked like a lobster/cloverfield/worm thing. People told me not to look out the window, and there were floating police...machine...thingies...shining lights into my face, and the monster turned and looked at me, and it seemed like the world was just falling apart and groaning.
Then I woke up. QnQ

Rm2k Advanced
aw man I've had some crazy dreams in mysterious locations. I had this epic one the other night in a giant ghost mansion where I was the only one seeing this dead family following everyone and had to turn them into mysterious balls of redeemed light so they could move on. It was warped.
http://hawkeyegames.blogspot.com/
My new Rpg Making blog; a new life to the old Hawk Games from 2006

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
When I was on a particular volunteer FD which is notorious for its, ah, indiscretions, I would have the most intrusive dreams when we had time to sleep there. The paramedic's bunkroom has one bed, and I am guessing that MANY people have been known there. Like in the biblical sense. I would have all these dreams of the other medics and firefighters- nothing carnal, mind you- but rather a window into who they really were. It was disturbing to dream of someone being a total vindictive asshat and then having to depend on them not to get you killed in a fire later that day.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
@Hawk Eye
Sounds sorta like Lugi's Mansoin minus the humor and vacumer cleaner
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 06:25:53 PM by Black Breeze »

Rm2k Advanced
Yea, but more dismal and dark, but I see the comparison
http://hawkeyegames.blogspot.com/
My new Rpg Making blog; a new life to the old Hawk Games from 2006

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I finished sledding down the hill during Elementary School, the new assistant teacher helped me up after a crash landing into a snowy bank. Recess was just ending, and as we were walking back he pulled off his face to reveal a creepy, wrinkly, green bunny rabbit head, and he glared at me.

"Let me guess," I began to inquire, "you're gonna kill me."
"Nope". The man replied. I breathed a sigh of relief.
"I'm gonna eat you!" the man corrected, as he drew closer to me, until all I could see was the black abyss that was his mouth closing in on me. And then I woke up.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:48:42 PM by Animefan »

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
 ???Why a bunny? I could under stand barney, but not a bunny.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
???Why a bunny? I could under stand barney, but not a bunny.
It had to do with something I saw on TV.

Actually, upon further inspection, I was actually able to find out what it was, going on what few memories I had and a little searching. It was from an episode of CSI called "The Finger". He was wearing a rabbit mask and trench coat, and he met with some dude to exchange money for a hostage.

That was back in 2002, so yeah. I was still a little kid. Must've thought that dude was pretty scary. Well, he kinda is.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 07:00:49 AM by Animefan »

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
Oh that makes sense, I think i saw that episode before.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
what a great topic, with people who actually want to know my dreams!! ;D

My strangest one was me with my cousin at this lake and on the other side
was like a cool looking hut and I could smell cookies, like freshly baked ones
with the real nice smell, me and my cousin would always swim across and eat
the cookies, but whenever we looked back out across the lake it would
be infested with crocodiles, I would make it back but my cousin always got eaten... :'(

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Hrm... Some wierd ones here...

well, let's try this one on for size! I had this dream in gradeschool, but it has stayed with me all this time.

I was in a room, a security office, perhaps, and playing across several of the screens on the walls, people, people who I knew, were being tortured, mistreated, or killed. The whole time, I was staring at this screens with one eye, and watching the figure with the other. The figure was a silhouette, illuminated by the glow of the monitors. After a few moments, seeings more people die, I asked the figure why it was only watching, why it wasn't helping. The lights turned on, and I could see that the figure was actually a nurse, her back still turned to me, and her eyes still focused on the screens. After a moment, she turned around to reveal a hideous face accentuated by a gaping maw of sharp teeth. Only a moment after it came into view, the nurse attacked me, and I woke.

I told my counselor about the dream during one of my anger management sessions, and she tried to explain it for me, stating that it had to do with my own feelings of helplessness and isolation, as well as a questioning of those who I trust.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

I told my counselor about the dream during one of my anger management sessions, and she tried to explain it for me, stating that it had to do with my own feelings of helplessness and isolation, as well as a questioning of those who I trust.

I don't think dreams con tell someone that, I dreamt my dream when I was really young, it just reoccured over the years so i have remembered it, i think dreams just represent what your subconscious is feeling or thinking, for example, me and my cousin always swam together and my nana makes the nicest cookines, crocodiles can be found anywhere and also building huts was a hooby of my cousins and I
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 09:29:16 AM by dewm3734 »

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
So, what you're trying to say is, what your subconscious is telling you is more valid than what mine is telling me?

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Besides, it's been often stated that there are meaning behind everything in your subconscious, that we dream in symbols.

My strangest one was me with my cousin at this lake and on the other side
was like a cool looking hut and I could smell cookies, like freshly baked ones
with the real nice smell, me and my cousin would always swim across and eat
the cookies, but whenever we looked back out across the lake it would
be infested with crocodiles, I would make it back but my cousin always got eaten...

Ok, you say that your grandma makes delicious cookies, ok. That could be a symbol for security or even happiness. Your cousin, obviously, represents family. Crocodiles are likely representative of death or fear. It might also be indicative of a specific event that may have befallen someone close to you.

However, the real meat of what the dream means lies with what you were doing when your cousin was attacked and killed. Were you trying to help, but failed? Did you not bat an eyelash?

Anyways, yeah... We dream in symbols, not realistic memories or hypotheticals, or else we probably wouldn't have such crazy nightmares and fantasies. Everything means something else, and nothing is as it seems, unless it is, which is so rare that even that is techincally not what it seems, because in dreams we know that nothing is as it seems, so it is surreal to see something that is what it seems.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
Uh...I think it's possible. It's like when you go to sleep with a question. Sometimes, we wake up with the answer. :)

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I like Jung, too. The problem is that everyone interprets things based on their own experiences, so its always different.

maybe, i have read that the sub-conscious is a "place" for suppressed memories, though i think suppressed is a rather strong word, more like "not-needed" so my dream could be interpreted as things that i thought i didn't need, how this can tell someone things about me idk

And after doing a bit of "light" reading, I found this:

The book introduces Freud's theory of the unconscious with respect to dream interpretation. Dreams, in Freud's view, were all forms of "wish-fulfillment" — attempts by the unconscious to resolve a conflict of some sort, whether something recent or something from the recesses of the past (later in Beyond the Pleasure Principle, Freud would discuss dreams which did not appear to be wish-fulfillment). However, because the information in the unconscious is in an unruly and often disturbing form, a "censor" in the preconscious will not allow it to pass unaltered into the conscious. During dreams, the preconscious is more lax in this duty than in waking hours, but is still attentive: as such, the unconscious must distort and warp the meaning of its information to make it through the censorship. As such, images in dreams are often not what they appear to be, according to Freud, and need deeper interpretation if they are to inform on the structures of the unconscious.

Now that is interesting, so dreams are just thoughts that haven't been fully "processed," so the creator of the sub-conscious believes that dreams can interpret the sub-conscious. And after reading further and washing out my eyes (Apparently if you dream of going up and down ladders your gay lol) and I admit that your counselor was right, soz I can be stubborn;D Though, from reading the above extract i can tell such strange dreams are normal and might not really dictate who we are because of the fact that the pre-conscious just doesn't process the information properly,
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 10:21:14 AM by dewm3734 »

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
Uh...Can we get back to dreams instead of the sub concence?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I had a dream last night that I was a wanderer, and I ended up in this grocery store. I guess I killed someone or something earlier, because the police had me in the back and were interrogating me. I was pretty fucked over it. I kept waking up and thinking I really killed someone, and falling back asleep right into the dream.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I dreamt I was trapped on a supermarket shelf.

I'm still confused about it. Lots of fat people glowering at me.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I dreamt I was only dreaming my life thus far, and woke up as a 12 year old with the experiences of an adult. It was terrifying.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
@gracie
Maybe you were dreaming that you were a box of donuts? explains the fat people.

Rep:
Level 94
Grace, if you were a donut? Would you eat yourself? I would. I'd be delicious.