RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Just Item Screen(RMVX)

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
So, my game won't feature leveling up and battling, but more of puzzle solving and thinking. But I still need an item screen. You know how when you press X to bring up the Menu? Well, is it possible to make it so when I press X that only the item screen comes up. Having a status option and Equip option seems useless for a game with no battling/leveling up. So, learning how to do that would be great. Would I have to mess around with the script?

-Thanks as always!

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
I was the first Corlen.
You would probably have to mess around with the script to accomplish this, let me check into RPG Maker VX and get back to you on that one.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 02:11:33 AM by corlenbelspar »

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Yeah, you would. Fortunately, all you have to do is change line 233 of Scene_Map to "$scene = Scene_Item.new".

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
I was the first Corlen.
And also, change line 39 of Scene_Item to "    $scene = Scene_Map.new" (without the quotations) so it will return to the game when you cancel out of the item menu instead of returning to the main menu.

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
corlenbelspar, cozziekuns, thank you kindly. I owe you a favor.