RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
General RMXP Question

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
So I'm working on a project, it's going to be a mesh of different things for the purpose to teach how to make some Event Systems. But as I come to an end to this work and ready the project for release, I've come across something I've never really thought about.

So here's the set up. I have three Common Events that all have bits of code. These Common Events are all triggered by the same switch and are set to Parallel Process. The switch is turned on in the begining of the project and stays on the whole time. I've done some tests and tried to see the differance. If I combine the three into one Common Event, it would appear that the same effects happen if I kept the set up the same. But for the sake of not wanting to mislead someone, which would be better?

I mean I could work some thigns out for myself, but I want to know what others think. I've always had bits of code in different Common Events as to make sure things respond normal and to keep things neat and clean. But eh, again I haven't thought about it too much until now.

So, which is better? Many Common Events parallel at once, or all in one Common Event?

Yes I've searched and it seems that not to many have really talked about it. Or at least not as far as I've dug into this fourm and Google. Thanks for your time and for any help you may offer! :)
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Probably many, since it'd be easier for people to understand.

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
That is diffenetly my way of thinking. BUt I still have to wonder as a game dev. Would many cause uber lag? I kinda feel like alot of Parallel Process would...but...
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Suguni raku ni shite aru
Depending how many are "many". But you should care about trigger those events. Getting a lot of events triggered by the same switch should work fine, but if those events are related to others it'd be a mess later. Another fact to have in mind is what you actually want to do. For some cases, multiple paralell processing should be better than a single common event, and viceversa. If the effects are the same, why to make multiple events?
"Un dios no hace nada, no dice nada, nisiquiera te pide nada a cambio. Solo se sienta y ve por nosotros, los tontos humanos perdidos."

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
Well thanks for the input. But Events are not a worry for me. I understand what and how that  might affect the game if I have alot set Parallel. I'm asking/worried about Common Events that are set to Parallel and ON the whole game. An Example would be a Jump system being ON the whole game at the same time a Sprint system being ON. But they both use the same switch to be turned ON and are in different Common Events. As for how many is many, let's say 6 Common Events of those little systems. Would that affect the game. I don't think I have just that many, but you get my drift. Haha. Again thanks for the input, hope to hear more!

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Suguni raku ni shite aru
Nah, 6 aren't that many. But, as I understand what you want, you want to use two different common events that use the same switch... Or even the 6 events. It's not a problem, if you consider when to trigger each one, or how if they're triggered at the same time. Now that's only a matter of event handling, taking care of the events' effect and trying that each event's effect doesn't affect the others. Guess if the events will be used for movement functions and are supposed to be ON the whole time and at the same time, it'd be better to make a single event. If there're some other functions, multiple events should be more apt.
"Un dios no hace nada, no dice nada, nisiquiera te pide nada a cambio. Solo se sienta y ve por nosotros, los tontos humanos perdidos."