RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Best AntiVirus

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
For the longest time I've used Trend Micro on my laptop, and so far it's worked pretty well. But lately it's been letting me down. My computer's got SOMETHING on it that keeps ending "Windows Host Processes", redirecting me to different websites than the one I clicked on in google searches (all of them ad sites), trying to install things on my computer that Trend keeps halting, and absolutely refusing to fuck off. Trend Micro and Malwarebytes both picked up different bugs and deleted them... but this particular one is still here! It's still doing the same shit, alive and unscathed.

I think my Lappy needs a new bodyguard. I've decided if Onecare Live and Hitman Pro can't take down this thing, I'm just going to delete and re-create the entire partition, and restore all my stuff. But maybe this time I'll use something different from Trend Micro. I want your opinion guys. Whether it's free or the kind you pay for, what do you feel is the best Antivirus program out there, hands-down?

Also, my outdated SpySweeper just blocked access to what appears to be an IP address. Does this mean some person in particular is personally targeting me?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:29:54 PM by Animefan »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
McAfee or Kaspersky. But I use AVG.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Norton or NOD32
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Norton is trash and so is McAfee.

AVG and Kaspersky are the two leaders from what I hear.
NOD32 causes issues with Steam sometimes, but is also supposedly very good.

Also, protip, pay for protection.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
MICROSOFT ESSENTIALS:

ITT MICROSOFT REALISE THEIR SOFTWARE IS SHIT AND GIVE YOU FREE PROTECTION.

Seamlessly intergrates with windows.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
hrm... I like Avast Antivirus, but some say it is shitty, so I don't know, really...

Of course, unless you have a credit-card, you can't really get it... Not even Crackers can get it anymore, because Avast has been shutting down all the cracks that they find out, so, if one guy fucks up the crack, then that crack will no longer work... DAMN YOU ONE-GUY!
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Just saying there's a lot to use out there and asking for the "best antivirus" gives you 20 different ones to pick from. Using Microsoft Essentials with Windows 7 and it's working like a charm so just go with that if you like free stuff.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
AVG has apparently fell off in recent years. Combofix isn't really an antivirus, it's a "fix shit after shit blows up" type thing.

The best antivirus is common sense :)
bringing sexy back

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Avast!

Too bad the boot scan does not work with 64-bit OS :(

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Sophos or NOD32. I saw something on a website that said BitDefender, But i seriously doubt it