RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Judge overturns California gay marriage ban

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
SAN FRANCISCO — In a major victory for gay rights advocates, a federal judge on Wednesday struck down a California ban on same-sex marriage.

In a landmark case that could eventually reach the U.S. Supreme Court, Chief U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker ruled that the voter-approved ban, known as Proposition 8, violates due process and equal-protection rights under the U.S. Constitution. He said that "moral disapproval" alone is not a basis to deny rights to gays and lesbians.

"Proposition 8 fails to advance any rational basis in singling out gay men and lesbians for denial of a marriage license," Walker wrote in the conclusion of the 136-page opinion.

His ruling came in response to a lawsuit brought by two same-sex couples and the city of San Francisco seeking to invalidate the law as an unlawful infringement on the civil rights of gay men and lesbians.

Outside the federal courthouse in San Francisco, a cheer went up among a group of about 70 same-sex marriage supporters carrying small U.S. flags, as a large rainbow-striped flag — the symbol of the gay rights movement — waved overhead.

California Attorney General Edmund G. Brown Jr. praised the decision. "In striking down Proposition 8, Judge Walker came to the same conclusion I did when I declined to defend it: Proposition 8 violates the equal protection guarantee of the Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution by taking away the right of same-sex couples to marry, without a sufficient governmental interest."

Opponents of same-sex marriage derided the ruling.

Read the rest of the article at -
Source: MSNBC dot Com

I am happy.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
The Terminator finally did the right thing. =3

:zparty:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
The Govenator had nothing to do with this. And he won't, actually. If it gets enough attention it'll rise to the Supreme Court, which can also begin to strike down the same ban on any state in the Union.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
The Govenator had nothing to do with this. And he won't, actually. If it gets enough attention it'll rise to the Supreme Court, which can also begin to strike down the same ban on any state in the Union.

Arnold actually refused to testify.
I think this is a step in the right direction, and it's true, it's completely unconstitutional via the 14th amendment.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Also this is a triumph in American society right now. I'm straight but honestly, it's about time we broke the hold religion has on the US. And of course he refused, he has no power.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I love the constitution. If only stuff like this would happen more often.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Former U.S. Justice Department lawyer Charles Cooper, who represented the religious and conservative groups that sponsored the ban, said cultures around the world, previous courts and Congress all accepted the "common sense belief that children do best when they are raised by their own mother and father."

Because children can't possibly grow up in single parent families, divorce totally isn't legal in the United States, and orphanages being full is just an unbased rumor.

Rep:
Level 83
Former U.S. Justice Department lawyer Charles Cooper, who represented the religious and conservative groups that sponsored the ban, said cultures around the world, previous courts and Congress all accepted the "common sense belief that children do best when they are raised by their own mother and father."

Because children can't possibly grow up in single parent families, divorce totally isn't legal in the United States, and orphanages being full is just an unbased rumor.
I feel like this has been said multiple times, and yet, it still hasn't gotten across to people

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb

I feel like this has been said multiple times, and yet, it still hasn't gotten across to people
This.
I am happy. Im not homosexual(bisexual,trisexual,whatever) but I do believe people who are have the right to get married if they please.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

Let's not forget the just plain abusive households, druggies, irresponsible parents, etc...  His statement doesn't have a shred of truth to it, there's nothing to support that "common sense belief."

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I also love how all of the criticism is pretty much only from known conservative Christians (mostly the Mormons). OH NO, THEY MIGHT NOT BE IMPOSING OUR CHRISTIAN VALUES ON EVERYONE ANYMORE, AMERICA IS FALLING APART!

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I remember reading this, its pretty sad that people are so stupid that they cannot open their eyes and see that trying to ban gay marriage is trying to destroy the admenments.
Also from what I remember reading, people claim marriage is a holy thing created by the christians but from what I understand it could've started out like that but as time goes on it
has evolved from that to something that everyone can do, christian, or not.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
I remember reading this, its pretty sad that people are so stupid that they cannot open their eyes and see that trying to ban gay marriage is trying to destroy the admenments.
Also from what I remember reading, people claim marriage is a holy thing created by the christians but from what I understand it could've started out like that but as time goes on it
has evolved from that to something that everyone can do, christian, or not.

[sarcastic statement]: That's not true.

[sarcastic addendum]: Atheists, Jews, Hindus, and Bhuddists are actually not allowed to get married. Ever.

[closing statement]: It's against the law, and should be, just like gay marriage.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 98
Apparently the Governator has openly spoken for keeping the removal of the ban.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant

[sarcastic addendum]: Atheists, Jews, Hindus, and Bhuddists are actually not allowed to get married. Ever.

[closing statement]: It's against the law, and should be, just like gay marriage.
not sure what you mean so i'm gonna jump the gun and tell you to fuck yourself.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

not sure what you mean so i'm gonna jump the gun and tell you to fuck yourself.

He's agreeing, and stating that all of those groups -can- be married, so it can't be considered a Christian thing anymore.

Hence the repeated sarcasm.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Just reading over a summary of the trial in question here, Perry vs. Schwarzenegger. It seems two same-sex couples tried to apply for a marriage license after Prop 8 was passed but were obviously denied. They proceeded to sue the clerks who denied them and a bunch of high officials in California, including Governor Schwarzenegger and Attorney General Jerry Brown.

However, none of the defendants named opted for any sort of defense, with Brown actively stating that the law was wrong and should be overturned. Several groups (mostly Christian organizations) tried to intervene and step up to plate instead because "OH GOD, I CAN'T ALLOW THE GOVERNMENT TO GET AWAY WITH NOT DISCRIMINATING AGAINST THE FAGS!".

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
There's always going to be someone whose not happy. Other than the Christian organisations, I don't see who would benefit by keeping this law in place, but who knows...

Also, good on the governor.